Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Sure, it's always quite obvious:)

Reactions: Taiko Audio

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Good idea. It would be great!
would you please share how did you install the fyber card on SGM Evo?

Pinu

Nov 30, 2019
Good idea. It would be great!
would you please share how did you install the fyber card on SGM Evo?
Hi, you need to buy the following as recommended by Emile
https://www.startech.com/Networking...abit-ethernet-fiber-card-open-sfp~PEX1000SFP2
Two of these:
https://planetechusa.com/product/mgb-tlx-mini-gbic-lx-module-20km/

and a LC-LC connector OS2 grade single mode fiber cable at the desired length.

Its pretty much plug and play and you need to load the cards driver on the EVO.

It’s simple to do and I received great support from Emile and his support team. Hope this helps all EVO owners.

Cheers

Reactions: joaovieira

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Hi, you need to buy the following as recommended by Emile
https://www.startech.com/Networking...abit-ethernet-fiber-card-open-sfp~PEX1000SFP2
Two of these:
https://planetechusa.com/product/mgb-tlx-mini-gbic-lx-module-20km/

and a LC-LC connector OS2 grade single mode fiber cable at the desired length.

Its pretty much plug and play and you need to load the cards driver on the EVO.

It’s simple to do and I received great support from Emile and his support team. Hope this helps all EVO owners.

Cheers
Thank you very much!
I have fyber installed, but it ends on the Edge Router, and from ER to SGM I have ethernet copper cable.
The fyber brings lots of quality.

Pinu

Nov 30, 2019
Thank you very much!
I have fyber installed, but it ends on the Edge Router, and from ER to SGM I have ethernet copper cable.
The fyber brings lots of quality.
Hi, I have fiber between the ER and EVO and found it to be better, more detailed and open vs the ethernet connection.
Thanks to Chistoph who helped me install the Startech card into my EVO.

Reactions: tsaett

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
@Rhapsody, if you take a quick look at @Stereophonic’s post history in this thread it’s quite obvious what his intentions are.
Hahahaha.
Why don’t you talk clearly?
I always do it. There is a thing called “freedom of expression”. I’m free of doing that because i’m a simple costumer. I haven’t any interest in this business.
I can like more or less your server but I recognize you are working hard and i’m glad to see your success. You answer all the costumer’s questions and i know your technical service is stunning.
Eurodriver did offer me a home demo without compromise a few years ago when nobody had this kind of service. I know your virtues and Hi-End needs brands like yours to be close to the costumers that helps to digital sound growing.
I understand too that is a business and you live of this. Nothing bad until this.
But, if you allow me the freedom to express my opinion, only a blind stone couldn’t see Matej is a mercenary without any credibility.
I can say it clearly and i think his opinions works for blind people but i’m sorry, i can’t respect a guy who is a fake. Even if i was a designer i would avoid my brand to be close from him.
Could you share with us any professional review done by Matej?
He is the no-reviewer !!!!
Take a look to his site.
One image is better than a lot of words.
3FDF5CCF-F5CD-436C-BA7A-FBFE2CAD9BBC.jpeg
I’m so lost between so much branding banners that is hard to me finding the articles !!!!
Could you share with us your real relationship with him and what credibility he has to you?
I suspect you can't.
As you see, i’m not being obvious. I’ve been explicit and transparent.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I’m not an Extreme owner but I’m as bit confused as to recent developments which raises some new questions. If I understand the developments thus far, there seemed to be an initial post suggesting that the SQ of the Roon 537 was an issue. This created havoc in Roon world but the Taiko solution was to modify their internal Extreme settings (to eliminate HQ? J Play?, other changes- I have not idea of what exactly) which made me wonder why they were necessary or beneficial at all? Then there was the surprise admission from the Taiko folks that there was nothing wrong sonically with 537 after all the brew hah-hah. That I apparently noticed a similar dimunition of SQ for 537 on my Innuous thus just seems like a mystery or an imaginary observation (it wouldn’t be the first time but I’m stickin’ with it).

This seems like this work in progress, not unlike the clock optimization priority settings which, for me seem to vary depending on source material. When I play Bach and Brahms chamber music, 5 is quite appealing, but when transient bass material plays, 3 is favored. I can quite find the ideal setting for all material. If 5 provides a bit more spatial texture, and 3 provides more lower register impact, one might think 4 is as good compromise. But that just doesn’t work for me as nothing seems as good as it should, whereas with 3 or 5 at least one aspect seems optimized. Here’s where bias comes into play. I’m apparently more thrilled when the stars align for bass performance, but I’m looking forward to the day that this issue disappears completely.

joaovieira

Feb 16, 2013
Brazil
Hi, I have fiber between the ER and EVO and found it to be better, more detailed and open vs the ethernet connection.
Thanks to Chistoph who helped me install the Startech card into my EVO.
Good to know. That is what I want to do. Put the ER close to the internet company’s router and go all fyber to SGM. It is ready here, just have to wait the SGM card to arrive.
I just bought it on Amazon.
Thank you.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
As i suspected, you can’t answer my questions. Very obvious too...

If you take the time to read that link I just posted you will understand why you will see banners on mono&stereo, 6moons, positive feedback to name a few, and even on this forum (look at the top of this page).

Are you accusing us of buying reviews?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
My 2 cents. As I'm getting older, I'm getting more cynical.
There's an uber brand of spkrs featured on WBF...big M&S write up/review, dealers feedback here, zero or close to zero varied owner reviews. Do I trust the M&S write up?
Another uber brand of spkrs, same situation plus a handful more owner reviews. Trust M&S?
And the world's greatest server. Ditto, plus a ton of 5* owner reviews. Trust M&S?
Let's put it this way. M&S is nice puff marketing. But I *only* pay attention to what members have written here. If that coincides w M&S, great.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
If you take the time to read that link I just posted you will understand why you will see banners on mono&stereo, 6moons, positive feedback to name a few, and even on this forum (look at the top of this page).

Are you accusing us of buying reviews?
No. I’m only asking for a professional Matej one.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
This is how Stereophonics posts in this thread ended up six months ago (see below from moderator). He jumps into this thread when he sees the opportunity to cause waves.

If you want an interesting read go back and read his posts from last year prior to him receiving this warning.

Stereophonic

Dec 22, 2019
#2,027

Post removed. I would just like to state that this post was very disappointing in nature and I would hope to never have to read one like this again. We will not ban you but please be advised that if another post like this is made, we will show you the door.

We strive to be cordial, polite and constructive here at the WBF and this post was the exact opposite of what we are trying to achieve.

Consider this your first but final formal warning. We will not and cannot put up with bashing other members on this site. Thanks you and I wish you and yours a very happy holiday season.

Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2019

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing