Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Nope. All that shows up in Apps on the TAS home page is Qobuz. I did try a restart of TAS, as well.

If I can find where on my laptop I stashed the latest TAS manual pdf I'll read it and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I appreciate your assistance.

Steve z
Hi Steve,

Yes I would think after a restart it should be there under apps. Ed or Emile or someone will jump in here, probably in their morning to add what's missing. l can't remember if there was any sequence or restarting. I would reboot the Extreme with two quick clicks with the front button, then start up the app again.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Hi Steve,

Yes I would think after a restart it should be there under apps. Ed or Emile or someone will jump in here, probably in their morning to add what's missing. l can't remember if there was any sequence or restarting. I would reboot the Extreme with two quick clicks with the front button, then start up the app again.
Steve, did you go down and do the stuff on page 21 of the TAS manual?

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
I'm embarrassed to say that I can't find anything other than the Quick Start manuals. Would you happen to have a URL for the location where I can download the current TAS manual?

Sorry for all the trouble!

Thanks,

Steve Z

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
I'm embarrassed to say that I can't find anything other than the Quick Start manuals. Would you happen to have a URL for the location where I can download the current TAS manual?

Thanks,

Steve Z
OK, I got Tidal but it doesn't integrate with albums. Will Tidal not show up with Qobuz, my rips and downloads under "albums"?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
page22image57685824 page22image41645744 page22image41616704 page22image57681664 page22image57677712
Add mysqueezebox.com details
1 Navigate to the „Basic Setting“ dropdown menu
Select [ mysqueezebox.com ]
Enter your credentials you defined at www.myqueezebox.com and choose Save Settings.
Switch to the option „Plugin“ (4). Make sure TIDAL (v2.0) is checked (5).
page22image57673344 page22image57686240 page22image124438784 page22image57673968
2 3
4 5
page22image57674176 page22image57680208

Thanks,

Steve Z
Steve, send me your email address via a PM, not sure if Taiko wants it posted. It's for Beta users right now.
I tried sending you a pm with the manual but the file is too large. Send me your email.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldmustang

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
OK, I got Tidal but it doesn't integrate with albums. Will Tidal not show up with Qobuz, my rips and downloads under "albums"?
No expert here as you know Ken:), try the "online music integration" in server settings". Don't forget to "save settings".

Like Ed says, they are working on SQ right now, functionality will come later.

Last edited:

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Under Server Settings there is an item called "Online Music Library Integration" which has selections for both Qobuz and Tidal. My Qobuz setting is "Integrate online library and automatically check for changes", so I also set my Tidal setting to the same.

However, I've yet to get the Tidal app to show up in Apps on the TAS home page, so I don't know if this will help you, Kris.

Good luck,

Steve Z

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Under Server Settings there is an item called "Online Music Library Integration" which has selections for both Qobuz and Tidal. My Qobuz setting is "Integrate online library and automatically check for changes", so I also set my Tidal setting to the same.

However, I've yet to get the Tidal app to show up in Apps on the TAS home page, so I don't know if this will help you, Kris.

Good luck,

Steve Z
Thx!!!

Last edited:

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
View attachment 74832 View attachment 74833 View attachment 74831 View attachment 74834 View attachment 74838
Add mysqueezebox.com details
1 Navigate to the „Basic Setting“ dropdown menu
Select [ mysqueezebox.com ]
Enter your credentials you defined at www.myqueezebox.com and choose Save Settings.
Switch to the option „Plugin“ (4). Make sure TIDAL (v2.0) is checked (5).
View attachment 74835 View attachment 74841 View attachment 74837 View attachment 74836
2 3
4 5
View attachment 74839 View attachment 74840

Steve, send me your email address via a PM, not sure if Taiko wants it posted. It's for Beta users right now.
I tried sending you a pm with the manual but the file is too large. Send me your email.
Thanks very much, Bob. I got it on the second try with your instructions above. I really appreciate you taking me by the hand and guiding me through.

PM coming your way.

Steve

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks very much, Bob. I got it on the second try with your instructions above. I really appreciate you taking me by the hand and guiding me through.

PM coming your way.

Steve
GREAT!!! I will send you the manual via email.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
GREAT!!! I will send you the manual via email.
That's funny Steve, I see the online mgt. integration now. It was actually on the instructions that I sent you above:)

• Wow

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Steve, I do not see "online Music Library Integration" under the TAS server settings? Where is it on the server setting page?
Tap the three vertical dots to the far right of the TAS page, tap the downward pointing arrow to the right of Basic Settings to get the drop-down list, scroll down to the fourth item from the bottom, "Online Music Library Integration" and tap on it to open. The top item in the list is, "Online Music Library Integration" with Qobuz and Tidal listed immediately beneath. There are drop down menus for each service from which you can select the active mode of integration (or no integration at all).

Hope this helps,

Steve

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Tap the three vertical dots to the far right of the TAS page, tap the downward pointing arrow to the right of Basic Settings to get the drop-down list, scroll down to the fourth item from the bottom, "Online Music Library Integration" and tap on it to open. The top item in the list is, "Online Music Library Integration" with Qobuz and Tidal listed immediately beneath. There are drop down menus for each service from which you can select the active mode of integration (or no integration at all).

Hope this helps,

Steve
Thx. I got it. I did NOT have Tidal checked, now I do. See, I helped you and you helped me:)

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018
Thx. I got it. I did NOT have Tidal checked, now I do. See, I helped you and you helped me:)
Started the integration--all sorts of things are happening. Looks to take a while obviously depending on the size of your library.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Started the integration--all sorts of things are happening. Looks to take a while obviously depending on the size of your library.
Cool. Thx.

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA
Don’t upgrade. Sound quality is worse in my system even I do not have Extreme.

FWIW, Roon 1.8 sounded execrable immediately after upgrading. A few hours later I returned and Roon 1.8 sounded like my recollection of 1.7. The 1.8 update seems mostly aimed at re-skinning Roon, so that may explain my perceptions. I should mention that I use Roon with HQPlayer.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
FWIW, Roon 1.8 sounded execrable immediately after upgrading. A few hours later I returned and Roon 1.8 sounded like my recollection of 1.7. The 1.8 update seems mostly aimed at re-skinning Roon, so that may explain my perceptions. I should mention that I use Roon with HQPlayer.
I found exactly the same... it’s a touch more incisive perhaps than 1.7... searching for classical is also (as promised) working much better.

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
Roon appears to redo the audio analysis, this can take a very long time during which you will notice a decrease in SQ:

View attachment 74858

I recommend disabling it during critical listening, and if so desired resume when not listening:

View attachment 74859
I just wrote to a mate... I love that Emile figures this stuff out... he contributes a lot to all our understanding.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing