Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Started the integration--all sorts of things are happening. Looks to take a while obviously depending on the size of your library

Ken and Steve, thx for the "library integration" help last night. I was pleasantly surprised to see all my Tidal and Qobuz selections in "my must">>"albums" this morning. They are all integrated and as of last night I did not think this was possible. Very cool and thx again!

Reactions: oldmustang

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Announcement on the Taiko Audio USB driver:

We have managed to integrate some of the TAS enhancements into our USB driver which is beneficial when using Roon.

The following DACs/interfaces are now supported, but consider this as still in Beta stage:
-Aries Cerat
-Aqua Formula xHD V2.0
-Bricasti MDxx
-DCS Vivaldi
-DCS Vivaldi Up-sampler
-DCS Vivaldi One
-Ideon Absolute
-Lampizator (with jlsounds interface)
-LH Davinci MKII
-MSB Pro USB
-Pilium Elektra
-Thrax Maximinus
-Totaldac
-Trinity Reference
-Vitus
-"Ypsilon 1000" (there appear to be different revisions)

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020

We have managed to integrate some of the TAS enhancements into our USB driver which is beneficial when using Roon.

The following DACs/interfaces are now supported, but consider this as still in Beta stage:
-Aries Cerat
-Aqua Formula xHD V2.0
-Bricasti MDxx
-DCS Vivaldi
-DCS Vivaldi Up-sampler
-DCS Vivaldi One
-Ideon Absolute
-LH Davinci MKII
-MSB Pro USB
-Pilium Elektra
-Thrax Maximinus
-Totaldac
-Trinity Reference
-Vitus
Very nice Emile, ch precision doesn't make the cut?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

-Aries Cerat
-Aqua Formula xHD V2.0
-Bricasti MDxx
-DCS Vivaldi
-DCS Vivaldi Up-sampler
-DCS Vivaldi One
-Ideon Absolute
-LH Davinci MKII
-MSB Pro USB
-Pilium Elektra
-Thrax Maximinus
-Totaldac
-Trinity Reference
-Vitus
Put your seat belts on! I have the new driver for my Pilium Elektra dac loaded on the Extreme and I don't want to go overboard, but in maybe a slightly different way it gets close the delta between Roon and TAS. Together with TAS/Taikio usb driver = mesmerizing sonics.

Last edited:

nuway

Jun 26, 2019
Hi Emile, Great to hear of the new Taiko USB driver DACs' addition. Do we need an installation session or It can be installed thru an installer?

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr

-Aries Cerat
-Aqua Formula xHD V2.0
-Bricasti MDxx
-DCS Vivaldi
-DCS Vivaldi Up-sampler
-DCS Vivaldi One
-Ideon Absolute
-LH Davinci MKII
-MSB Pro USB
-Pilium Elektra
-Thrax Maximinus
-Totaldac
-Trinity Reference
-Vitus

Trinity DAC???

Wow

Interesting!

Anyway very happy news for me!

Thanks Emile

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Just haven't added it yet. Can you contact me for a session to extract the information we need?
Wilson is on with me this am to look at Asian character support, let me ask him if he can get the data for you

BTW power issue solved! Managed to set the power torus to 240v rather than 230v so all good now

Reactions: Taiko Audio

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018

kswanson27

Nov 21, 2018

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
I was a little puzzled earlier today when I popped my TestFlight open and saw that I had been disenrolled from the beta.

However, in my e-mail just now I found this:

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 3.48.58 PM.png Now I understand.

The Taiko team never, ever rests!

Steve Z

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
The same way you copy music over to the Extreme, but in stead of copying you delete them.

You access the music drive over the network by either browsing your network locations, or you enter a direct path into either the windows explorer or MacOS finder. For windows that is \\EXTREMEXXXXXX\MUSIC, for MAC that is smb://EXTREMEXXXXXX/MUSIC. That is assuming your router provides local DNS services. If it doesn't you need to replace EXTREMEXXXXXX with the ip-address. See pages 17+18 in the manual.

You can also access the Extreme's Desktop with VNC, in that case your music files will be on the D: drive and you can use the windows explorer to delete files. See pages 20-24 in the manual.

A direct link to the manual: Taiko Extreme manual

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
The same way you copy music over to the Extreme, but in stead of copying you delete them.

You access the music drive over the network by either browsing your network locations, or you enter a direct path into either the windows explorer or MacOS finder. For windows that is \\EXTREMEXXXXXX\MUSIC, for MAC that is smb://EXTREMEXXXXXX/MUSIC. That is assuming your router provides local DNS services. If it doesn't you need to replace EXTREMEXXXXXX with the ip-address. See pages 17+18 in the manual.

You can also access the Extreme's Desktop with VNC, in that case your music files will be on the D: drive and you can use the windows explorer to delete files. See pages 20-24 in the manual.

A direct link to the manual: Taiko Extreme manual
Ok, understood. I think that answers Ken's question about how to delete a file/album that you had previously downloaded. I was actually thinking of Qobuz or Tidal favorites and if you wanted to remove/delete them from your favorites it as you would do in Roon.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Ok, understood. I think that answers Ken's question about how to delete a file/album that you had previously downloaded. I was actually thinking of Qobuz or Tidal favorites and if you wanted to remove/delete them from your favorites it as you would do in Roon.

We have not taken adding/removing favourites into consideration for TAS yet. The Qobuz/Tidal favourite lists are stored into your respective accounts. That means if you delete them from Roon or the Qobuz/Tidal app, they should disappear everywhere. Reversely, if you add Qobuz or Tidal favourites in Roon or their app, they are automatically added to TAS.

Reactions: oldmustang

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing