Nov 21, 2018

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Reactions: Steve Williams

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
@Taiko Team

TAS BETA HAS EXPIRED. Please don’t make us use Roon :eek:

With TAS down I will be “forced” to listen to my upgraded Doshi tape preamp. Last week I received a new EVO tape preamp. Somehow Nick has managed to outdo himself.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I believe any test app is active for 3 months and then it requires a renewal. That’s what Taiko has been doing for a couple years.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
So what now we wait

If you reboot the Extreme it should default to Roon and you can use it that way without having to run the TAS app.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
If you reboot the Extreme it should default to Roon and you can use it that way without having to run the TAS app.
Yes I did that , but had to manually lunch Roon Server since it's not setup to launch at startup which makes sense

Last edited:

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
I'm confused. I'm enjoying music using TAS right now. Is this something that times out by user?

oldmustang

Dec 1, 2012
Same for me. Now unable to get to Roon and all the music files in TAS Beta. :(
Check your iOS or Android app now -- the Testflight app has been updated by Taiko and the Taiko Audio app (TAS) just needs to be opened. E-mail was sent about an hour ago from Taiko.

Steve Z

Christiaan Punter

Yes I did that , but had to manually lunch Roon Server since it's not setup to launch at startup which makes sense
Roon not being set to launch at startup when running TAS is indeed done on purpose as having it run in parallel affects the sound. It's always best to have only one server program running.

Reactions: rau

John T

Feb 15, 2022
This all sounds BRUTAL

DW101

Feb 20, 2022
Team,
I'd like to share some findings from recent upgrade that I made to my system which I think may be of interest to quite a few amongst you.

View attachment 94992
So, this was not a bad setup...

But I thought that it was quite some time since I updated the power supplies of my Netgear Orbi MESH-system from stock to a little better IFi low-noise switching supplies so - time to explore.

View attachment 94993
This is a HUGE improvement, each step made it better, feeding the Hypsos from Everest was the biggest step-up, but the very first step of removing the Wall-wart from the Fiber converter was also major.

Lessons learned:
1) Optimize the whole
2) Include equipment from your service provider (fiber converter in this case) - most have wall-wart -> easy upgrade and no violation of policy (keep the wall wart around in case they need to come and service their equipment)
3) Router is as much part of your system as anything else - it deserves proper clean current via decent power cable

I tried out Keeces p3 LPS before moving to Ferrum (I have used them before) - they offer great sonic quality along with fantastic build quality and great versatility - recommended.
@Nils I agree with your findings, to the extent that an external observer would say I have become a bit obsessed about DC supply quality to every part of my system, including ISP modem and router.

I found further conditioning of the output of decent LPS's with either iFi DC Purifiers or DXPWR's helps further - basically the lower the noise on the DC the better, as long as your supply still presents a low input impedance to the device you are powering. The number of boxes proliferated, but definitely helped sound quality here.

Incidentally, I also use iFi AC Purifiers on my dedicated mains supplies to the different sides of my system (I have two 30A lines and two 20A lines dedicated to hifi) again with very obvious benefits to sound quality.

Weird really, I don't consider myself at all a power 'nerd' but have been pushed into the territory by seeking sound quality improvements, I found it really does make a significant difference on every component! Same with shielding from WiFi.

All the best!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing