Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Some suggestions, some bugs like the artist end points not aligning with the actual artists. I have done a lot of software development. There is value in having more testers.
I don't disagree however I'm betting they are presently overwhelmed

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
I remain absolutely gobsmacked as to the SQ of XDMS. I have yet to play a file that sounds anything but beyond any digital I have ever heard in my system.

i absolutely agree, this is the SQ i've been seeking. getting something even better seems mind blowing.

UI finish, incremental updates, etc are all nice for the future (i can even live without gapless for now).

the only key functionality missing for me is being able to "play all" in a directory while in folder mode.
today i have to add each song individually to the queue.

other than that one limitation, i can happily live with what i have today for quite a while as in all other important ways, it exceeds TAS for everything i care about (SQ & smaller gaps)

now back to listening to music

austinpop

May 23, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't disagree however I'm betting they are presently overwhelmed

No one is asking for things immediately. We’re just identifying bugs and features, and these go on a backlog of pending requests, that is prioritized by the team and delivered based on the resources available.

Standard software development.

austinpop

May 23, 2017
Austin, TX
the only key functionality missing for me is being able to "play all" in a directory while in folder mode.

Maybe I misunderstood the use case, in which case my apologies.

But you can actually do this. Once you navigate to the folder you want, click the disc icon at the end of the path name. This brings up a new view, which has a button to add all tracks to the queue.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
i absolutely agree, this is the SQ i've been seeking. getting something even better seems mind blowing.

UI finish, incremental updates, etc are all nice for the future (i can even live without gapless for now).

other than that one limitation, i can happily live with what i have today for quite a while as in all other important ways, it exceeds TAS for everything i care about (SQ & smaller gaps)

now back to listening to music

I don’t have to do that. Once I click into a folder I then click on the CD looking thing on the top right (this is from memory). Then you can “add all to queue”.

Reactions: cat6man

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I don’t have to do that. Once I click into a folder I then click on the CD looking thing on the top right (this is from memory). Then you can “add all to queue”.
same at my end

Reactions: cat6man

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Maybe I misunderstood the use case, in which case my apologies.

But you can actually do this. Once you navigate to the folder you want, click the disc icon at the end of the path name. This brings up a new view, which has a button to add all tracks to the queue.

thanks to all of you who answered my question with the 2 step process of disc icon, then play all.
i'm a very happy camper!!!!!

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Ed was doing the actual coding? I thought they had a team for that.

Having users test an alpha version can actually speed up the process since there is now a group of us finding issues.
I am the Project Co-Ordinator for Taiko Software. My coding is limited to editing a few batch files. I am careful not to do things above my paygrade

Taiko Users are very fortunate to have Wilson who bought in to the challenge of coding a full Audio Server and Player ecosystem from scratch, quite an undertaking

austinpop

May 23, 2017
Austin, TX
I’ll be filing bugs in TestFlight.

Alex raises an excellent point. How do you prefer us to report bugs and feature requests, @EuroDriver and @Christiaan Punter ? Is posting here OK, or would you prefer them to flow through TestFlight?

I often forget that TestFlight does have a bug reporting feature!

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I am just grateful that I was able to use Alpha XDMS , between my 2 places I have been using N30SA and Extreme some perfer one over the other but I enjoy both . I was actually going to let the Extreme go for the simple reason of software , I hated going between Roon and TAS , and it was simple to just use Aurender App. When I finally got Alpha XDMS my jaw hit the floor there was no doubt it bested the N30SA by a margin. I really feel with the future development of XDMS the Extreme will be hard to compete against . I have been listening to the Extreme more than ever now and couldn't be happier.

CDub

Jan 23, 2018
I am the Project Co-Ordinator for Taiko Software. My coding is limited to editing a few batch files. I am careful not to do things above my paygrade

Taiko Users are very fortunate to have Wilson who bought in to the challenge of coding a full Audio Server and Player ecosystem from scratch, quite an undertaking
Hi, I'm curious to know if there is anything that we could do as users to setup the XDMS? I have it installed but I'm unable to connect it to my server. Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Hi, I'm curious to know if there is anything that we could do as users to setup the XDMS? I have it installed but I'm unable to connect it to my server. Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Do you have it installed in Extreme and you can't connect from your tablet?

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I have it installed on my tablet and I'm unable to connect to the Extreme. Thanks

Is XDMS installed on your Extreme? You have to have the software itself installed on your Extreme in addition to having the app installed on your tablet.

Reactions: Steve Williams

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
But you need Ed to install it on the Extreme. What is installed on the tablet is just a checkpoint, the server software is installed on Extreme.

CDub

Jan 23, 2018
Is XDMS installed on your Extreme? You have to have the software itself installed on your Extreme in addition to having the app installed on your tablet.
Thanks, I think that's what it is. It's not installed on my Extreme. I awesome I require Taiko's assistance for that one. Thanks again.

Reactions: Steve Williams

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Where should buckets be?
Every time I go to library/folders and start navigating, the buckets page pops up and takes over my screen. I can continue by hitting folders again. Where should buckets be shown?

Are there artist as well as album buckets planned?

Also. there should be an option to select leading words to be ignored, as in lms, e.g. The Beatles should be under B, not T

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing