Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

austinpop

May 23, 2017
Austin, TX
I've been keeping up with the suggestions and bug reports in this thread, but ideally, we'd receive these Alpha-release-related comments via TestFlight.

Then I will start doing that, and I encourage others to do the same.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
so far I have enjoyed listening. Emile commented to me that they are all about classical music and apparently have rights to many of the original pressings which are not heard on other streaming services.

I find the sound needs slightly more volume than Qobuz or Tidal but so far I have been enjoying it
I have signed up for a trial period of Idagio Premium +. The problem is that I can't play the tracks I choose, in Qobuz 100% in Idagio approximately 25%, the rest keeps trying to play and nothing sounds.

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
Couldn't you guys of atleast implemented and Takio Logo ? Instead of Dr Evil
...that should be a pre-defined and user configurable space, so I can upload any image to my homepage!

OK, OK Taiko team, just kidding! I think. Happy Sunday...

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I have signed up for a trial period of Idagio Premium +. The problem is that I can't play the tracks I choose, in Qobuz 100% in Idagio approximately 25%, the rest keeps trying to play and nothing sounds.
I had exactly the same problem and here is what I did.Open Qobuz.com and verify that you are signed in . FWIW after registering with Idagio I had to sign in again at Idagio.com. I had the same problem with Tidal. Once I signed back into all 3 I have no problems whatsoever

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Still the same. I have noticed that when trying to play some albums, it says "XDMS Serve not available", those are the ones that do not play.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Can you tell me if you can play the attached album?

Attachments

• 484E1BD1-93BB-4B30-8FB4-F8B96CAF0D1B.png
    484E1BD1-93BB-4B30-8FB4-F8B96CAF0D1B.png
    929.9 KB · Views: 14

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Still the same. I have noticed that when trying to play some albums, it says "XDMS Serve not available", those are the ones that do not play.
Did you reconnect to the sever through the little gear icon at the top right of XDMS. You might not be connected to the server

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I did not, but I am connected because some albums on Idagio do play

John T

Feb 15, 2022
Doesn't this indicate a compatibility issue if the response is "XDMS Server Not Available"?

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Now can you play Mahler's 5th album by Barbirolli?

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Then I will start doing that, and I encourage others to do the same.

Is there a preferred email for feedback from Android users?

In the meantime:
1. Buckets are missing a lot of stuff, almost like every other bucket being dropped?
Ex:. Bucket 201-400 starts with 1969-09-24 London and ends with 1969-12-31 Boston. Bucket 401-600 starts with1971-xx-xx so all of 1970 is missing. The same on alphabetical buckets.

2. In folder mode, long path names block disc icon from displaying. Perhaps move location?

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Now can you play Mahler's 5th album by Barbirolli?
A great Mahler 5th...have the Esoteric Remastered of that one and really enjoy it.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
you're a tease
Sorry! I did not follow the full thread and simply jumped in when I saw Mahler 5th Barbirolli...btw, since I have your attention, have you heard the new XVX?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing