Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Like with TAS, the control point app being on an Android tablet, in my room, with my system and with these ears, the presentation gives me a slightly better sense of relaxation, a bit less in my face and also a slightly wider soundstage, compared with the iPAD app. Tablets wired connected in both cases.

Interrupting my "happy dance" after hearing that an android tablet can sound better than an iPad, I wonder if closing out of the app completely, after setting up the music queue, would be best.

While android and iOS may have different background and keep alive communication protocols with the server, does it sound better to have no active XMDS client? Or maybe this is worse if the server is actively searching for clients?

engadin

Apr 23, 2022
I am excited. Just unboxed a parcel from the Netherlands ….

Things are warming up right now.

How do I install TAS?
I am not inclined to fool around with roon when XDMS will be here sometimes.
Is there a link to a „how to …“ site?
Is there a Taiko App needed?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Send a request for Test Flight evaluation of XDMS to
info@taikoaudio.com. Once you install Test Flight you redeem your invitation and the CDMS app will be installed on your iPad ( it does not install on iPhone line TAS). Once you have the app you need to send another request for Taiko to install XDMS on your Extreme.

Reactions: engadin

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Well, being a new Extreme, I think I should send an email to support@taikoaudio.com, so they can prioritize their installation. If not, he will spend a few days looking at his Extreme on his rack

engadin

Apr 23, 2022

Attachments

• C013BC9C-7852-4B60-8758-C43B32FB23D6.jpeg
    C013BC9C-7852-4B60-8758-C43B32FB23D6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34

CDub

Jan 23, 2018
I think your correct. I think we need to have the app installed on the server. I know I haven't done that not have I had anyone one from Taiko do a TeamViewer as of yet. I think that's the missing piece at least for me. Thanks everyone for the clarification.
First, I would like to thank Ed for jumping on early this morning with me to install XDMS!

Secondly, I'm extremely impressed with the SQ of the new app! To me, the sound is more rounded and has more texture. Meaning less 2D and more 3D, it's like the notes have more space. I guess the best way I could put it... is if the initial sound was like a sheet of paper, it would have space but it would be linear "flat" not much depth . Now if you were to ball up that same sheet of paper, you have more depth in that same space, allowing for greater spacial depth and realism. The noise floor seems much lower, which gives me an easier time to hear into the sound stage. Really enjoying what I'm hearing so far.

Thanks again, Ed and team Taiko!

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
XDMS version 0.0.1(4) is in TestFlight and available to download

We belive it fixes the problems the earlier version had in Australia etc

The Bucket interface has been further developed

SQ is the same

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
XDMS version 0.0.1(4) is in TestFlight and available to download

We belive it fixes the problems the earlier version had in Australia etc

The Bucket interface has been further developed

SQ is the same

Were the buckets removed for now? I don't see them.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
It seems so and now the cover appears. For me, much better this way

Steve Williams

I’ve posted here before that I subscribed to Idagio. The classical music they have is excellent. I posted before that I felt the volume seemed somewhat less than that of Tidal or Qobuz. Having spent a week on Idagio I retract that statement. The SQ is every bit as superb and volume seems no different with Idagio

Steve Williams

Of note as well I found when I subscribed to Idagio there seem to be bugs that followed. I have no idea whether that is the reason or it is a bug. I found that it became impossible to add Idagio albums or tracks into queue. Further I found an occasional same problem on Quobuz where I couldn’t add an album or track to queue. Two sessions with Ed revealed something very interesting. For reasons yet to be determined my queue became clogged which shouldn’t happen. Here is what he found as a work around to unclog your queue should anyone find similar issues.
Ed clicked on a random album and clicked the “ queue all” button and nothing went into queue. He verified by testing random albums in Tidal and Idagio and Qobuz. Then when he saw nothing in queue. he then went to an album and clicked the add to queue button. Checking showed nothing in queue.

now here’s where it got interesting. I’ve used this little trick ever since …..

Ed took the experiment one step further. He opened a random album and clicked add to queue of sone, many or all tracks of an album. Still nothing in queue. Ed then clicked the “ play all” button at top left and much to our amazement every friggin song played even though there is nothing in queue

I’ve found sometimes if I click “play all”the album will load into queue and play everything.
Usually you have to “queue all” and then play all

so if you have this issue merely add to queue individual tracks and even though they don’t show up in queue they play perfectly.when you click the “play all” button

Reactions: ctydwn

Steve Williams

i also forgot to mention that Mahler 5th on Idagio which another member could not load. We did this little trick and added each movement to queue. Pushed play all and the little wheel rotated for a few seconds and then keeps going to next tracks There was no audio and nothing showed as playing. Ed felt it was a problem album at Idagio

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Of note as well I found when I subscribed to Idagio there seem to be bugs that followed. I have no idea whether that is the reason or it is a bug. I found that it became impossible to add Idagio albums or tracks into queue. Further I found an occasional same problem on Quobuz where I couldn’t add an album or track to queue. Two sessions with Ed revealed something very interesting. For reasons yet to be determined my queue became clogged which shouldn’t happen. Here is what he found as a work around to unclog your queue should anyone find similar issues.
Ed clicked on a random album and clicked the “ queue all” button and nothing went into queue. He verified by testing random albums in Tidal and Idagio and Qobuz. Then when he saw nothing in queue. he then went to an album and clicked the add to queue button. Checking showed nothing in queue.

now here’s where it got interesting. I’ve used this little trick ever since …..

Ed took the experiment one step further. He opened a random album and clicked add to queue of sone, many or all tracks of an album. Still nothing in queue. Ed then clicked the “ play all” button at top left and much to our amazement every friggin song played even though there is nothing in queue

I’ve found sometimes if I click “play all”the album will load into queue and play everything.
Usually you have to “queue all” and then play all

so if you have this issue merely add to queue individual tracks and even though they don’t show up in queue they play perfectly.when you click the “play all” button

Does this ever happen with local files, or just with streaming?

EuroDriver

Sep 16, 2015
Monaco
Hallelujah …. The buckets are gone. Hopefully it’s permanent.

Ed . Could you explain what the problem in Australia was so we can test for it
Australia has a very fast network infrastructure which threw off the streaming authentication timing.

It looks like we have fixed the problem, we will know in a few hours time

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing