Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

Awesome!

@Taiko Audio you come across as a crazy-dedicated inventor of audiophile streaming based on a holistic approach to solution engineering - all true!
Well which one is it -- crazy or dedicated? Inquiring minds want to know!

Steve Z

Last edited:
Last edited:
Those look incredible!! Regretting just not ordering the chrome instead of waiting for the black version!! I love how the shop looks so crisp, clean and orderly.

Can only imagine the excitement at Taiko as these get shipped for the world to listen given the sweat that has been poured into creating these switches and all the design efforts and prototypes a few years back. Remembering Emile mentioning a huge discovery when something major clicked for the switch design perhaps 3 years ago, while many of us were spiraling down the network and switches rabbit hole.

It is hard not to become a dedicated supporter based on the transparency, incessant drive, technical prowess and naturally understated confidence that Emile and his team have consistently demonstrated. Great timing for a well earned 2 week break soon.

Also, really looking forward to hearing the impressions from everyone receiving one, the configurations they find best, and any recommendations on grounding, isolation, etc.

Congrats Taiko and enjoy the new switches everyone!

Last edited:
Those look incredible!! Regretting just not ordering the chrome instead of waiting for the black version!! I love how the shop looks so crisp, clean and orderly.

Can only imagine the excitement at Taiko as these get shipped for the world to listen given the sweat that has been poured into creating these switches and all the design efforts and prototypes a few years back. Remembering Emile mentioning a huge discovery when something major clicked for the switch design perhaps 3 years ago, while many of us were spiraling down the network and switches rabbit hole. Great timing for a well earned 2 week break soon.

Also, really looking forward to hearing the impressions from everyone receiving one, the configurations they find best, and any recommendations on grounding, isolation, etc.

Enjoy!
Like others my first choice was copper until I saw the basic chrome and said no way I was going to wait.

While excitedly waiting for my switch / network card combo, I'd like go give a big shout-out to the Taiko software development team for the huge improvements in usability brought by the alpha version released yesterday (v37) :cool: The improved library management and the capability to switch from / to Roon with a single click and a few seconds wait is major stuff.

Also, a special thanks to Ed who fixed in realtime a small bug that affected my upgrade.

I don’t want to cause a commotion, but I’ve had notification that a cheeky little Taiko switch will be delivered on Monday. :cool: Really looking forward to that.
Im hoping some reach the other side of the pond and on to the west coast by then......it's so cold in Southern California that all we can do is listen to music. FWIW it snowed at Disneyland yesterday. Now if only some sunshine arrives from Holland:p

I don’t want to cause a commotion, but I’ve had notification that a cheeky little Taiko switch will be delivered on Monday. :cool: Really looking forward to that and makes up for having to enviously watch all the XDMS developments from the sidelines.
I received a shipping notification as well. The anticipation ratchets up a notch or two!

Steve Z

can Emile or Christiaan confirm that instructions come with as to how to run the script to make the card operational.Scripts to me are how many pills you take and how often and how many to dispense. This other "script" stuff is Greek to meo_O

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing