Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème

@Taiko Audio any update on sending off the new brackets?

@Taiko Audio any update on sending off the new brackets?

All packed and ready but not collected by Fedex yet.

When you open the package you’ll find the bracket taped in between 2 wooden blocks. We packed them this way to prevent them from bending if something heavy is dropped on top.

2D54C25B-CF9B-453F-8F22-C846CE7E0127.jpeg

All packed and ready but not collected by Fedex yet.

When you open the package you’ll find the bracket taped in between 2 wooden blocks. We packed them this way to prevent them from bending if something heavy is dropped on top.

View attachment 106050
Emile, for the router: 2.1MM or 2.5MM DC? I know the switch is 2.5. Making up some cables and thinking ahead...

Emile, for the router: 2.1MM or 2.5MM DC? I know the switch is 2.5. Making up some cables and thinking ahead...
2.5mm

While on that subject there are different 2.5mm DC connectors, the higher current versions clamp better, so if you’re rolling your own I’d recommend to get the stronger clamping (higher current) variety.

4D29094A-02D0-4E58-9705-934142D741D4.jpeg
DC8CC13F-9069-4859-8890-B1340409F068.jpeg

reading with interest, I was pretty underwhelmed (bendy, plasticky insulation, they do not accept 14AWG etc) by the few Oyaide DC plugs I've used recently but haven't found anything more decent.

I actually don’t know and can’t find the insertion depth but my preference would be a 11.1mm insertion depth plug.

This is a 8.3mm insertion depth plug:

LOL! Let me see what I can find out...

Oyaide

Attachments

• DFBC97AE-A3A2-4A9C-A1BB-7F0C3CF8FFF7.jpeg
    DFBC97AE-A3A2-4A9C-A1BB-7F0C3CF8FFF7.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
I actually don’t know and can’t find the insertion depth but my preference would be a 11.1mm insertion depth plug.

This is a 8.3mm insertion depth plug:

As Francisco's attachment shows it 14MM maximum insertion depth. Better than 8.3
Depends on if those plastic rings can be removed?
LOL! I think the O-Rings can be attached and detached. I will dig a little deeper...

Depends on if those plastic rings can be removed?

there are 3 of them and they can all be removed. However, they aren’t spring loaded.

The Ring Spacer can be varied to 9.5MM, 11mm, 12.5MM, and14MM.

I know! I have a huge repertoire of music Koko Taylor to Maria Callas and obscure, eclectic, music in between. Hard to believe I never came across Fink...Its a great change up...
I guess I started something. Happy that my random post found such receptive ears.

Steve

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing