Tidal La Assoluta system

You know Lloyd, I am still extremely happy with my Tidal LA’s. I will not let them go in the near future. But I have been seriously thinking about adding two LA woofer towers; however my room is not wide enough for such a step. In addition the Tidal LPX xover is only available in balanced mode and that will not work ideally with my Kondo tube amplifiers.

The Sunday G3 loudspeakers are indeed somewhat less wide than my LA’s but this difference is relatively small. If I take the costs into consideration - only the main Sunday G3 loudspeakers cost already usd 450 000,- and two separate Sunday G3 woofer towers will undoubtedly require another serious amount - going the ‘Sunday G3 route’ is not a real option for me.

Last edited:
Thank you! Very interesting. I wonder if the Sunray G3 to La Assoluta is the XVX to the WAMM. Sounds like it could be. In any event, the sensitivity point is an important one...the G3 is around 89 db or 1db higher than the Sunray G2 I believe. Whereas your La Assoluta appears to be around 94db or so (the website says La Assoluta is 6db higher than the Sunray...which at the time (G2) was 88db.)

I have heard great things about the Akiras which appear to be 1/2 of the La Assoluta.
Yes indeed, the Tidal Akira’s are (in my view) still great sounding loudspeakers but they are much smaller than the LA’s and are therefore not capable to impress with large classical symphonies in the way the LA’s can.

Last edited:
You know Lloyd, I am still extremely happy with my Tidal LA’s. I will not let them go in the near future. But I have been seriously thinking about adding two LA woofer towers; however my room is not wide enough for such a step. In addition the Tidal LPX xover is only available in balanced mode and that will not work ideally with my Kondo tube amplifiers.

The Sunday G3 loudspeakers are indeed somewhat less wide than my LA’s but this difference is relatively small. If I take the costs into consideration - only the main Sunday G3 loudspeakers cost already usd 450 000,- and two separate Sunday G3 woofer towers will undoubtedly require another serious amount - going the ‘Sunday G3’ is not a real option for me.
I wonder timing-wise, whether you could get the towers slightly behind your main speakers? So your main speakers are partly in front of the woofer towers? I know Genesis sets them up that way on purpose. That could give you a bit of width back in your room.

On the crossover, you could use an adaptor. We used CJ SE-only preamps into Gryphon Balanced-only amps for 10 years and actually both Jeff Fischel of CJ and Flemming Rasmussen did not object when I asked them about. Yes, not ideal, but not a deal breaker when the main sound overall was fantastic.

In your case, you would get all the power and majesty of the dual bass towers and the minor unknowable of going SE to adaptor to LPX crossover and having the adaptor in there.

I wonder timing-wise, whether you could get the towers slightly behind your main speakers? So your main speakers are partly in front of the woofer towers? I know Genesis sets them up that way on purpose. That could give you a bit of width back in your room.

On the crossover, you could use an adaptor. We used CJ SE-only preamps into Gryphon Balanced-only amps for 10 years and actually both Jeff Fischel of CJ and Flemming Rasmussen did not object when I asked them about. Yes, not ideal, but not a deal breaker when the main sound overall was fantastic.

In your case, you would get all the power and majesty of the dual bass towers and the minor unknowable of going SE to adaptor to LPX crossover and having the adaptor in there.
I talked / apped in the past and also quite recently with Jorn about placing two LA woofer towers in my listening room. In his view the room is not wide enough for such a move. So he actually advised against it. But sometimes I am still dreaming about a four tower LA set up … maybe I should move and find another house with a wider listening room:)

Last edited:
Btw, Lloyd, I have the following ‘plans’ to raise the level of my LA system in the near future:
- Adding a - third - Tripoint Audio emperor statement grounding cable so that I can ground my Wadax reference dac. I know this will make a profound difference for the better: the sonic benefits I have experienced after connecting this Tripoint top of the line grounding cable to (first) my Wadax reference server and (secondly) my Kondo g-1000 linestage are huge.
- Arrange for Miguel to come over to the Netherlands (hopefully) somewhere this year in order to implement (inter alia) his following idea: grounding the three diamond drivers in each LA loudspeaker (separately: the internal LA baskets used for the LA’s xovers are already being grounded at the moment). Miguel has experimented with grounding the ribbon tweeters in his loudspeakers employing different grounding cables. I have heard over the telephone how this benefitted the performance of his loudspeakers in a very significant way.,

Amazing and you should definitely do this. I was just speaking off-line with a fellow WBF member here, and he has Tannoy speakers which have been designed with grounding posts for decades...and I remember being told by 40-year veterans of the industry that grounding the speaker makes a BIG improvement.

In your case, you are adding more grounding to an already grounded speaker so that will be very very interesting. There is a lot going on EMI/RFI-wise in a speaker, but I wonder how much still is in your speaker if most components inside are already connected physically...and you have grounded the baskets and crossovers.

Btw, Lloyd, I have the following ‘plans’ to raise the level of my LA system in the near future:
- Adding a - third - Tripoint Audio emperor statement grounding cable so that I can ground my Wadax reference dac. I know this will make a profound difference for the better: the sonic benefits I have experienced after connecting this Tripoint top of the line grounding cable to (first) my Wadax reference server and (secondly) my Kondo g-1000 linestage are huge.
- Arrange for Miguel to come over to the Netherlands (hopefully) somewhere this year in order to implement (inter alia) his following idea: grounding the three diamond drivers in each LA loudspeaker (separately: the internal LA baskets used for the LA’s xovers are already being grounded at the moment). Miguel has experimented with grounding the ribbon tweeters in his loudspeakers employing different grounding cables. I have heard over the telephone how this benefitted the performance of his loudspeakers in a very significant way.,

Could you be more specific, what is Miguel Gnding , the tweeter frame ? The crossover? what do they connect the gnd wire to ..?

Could you be more specific, what is Miguel Gnding , the tweeter frame ? The crossover? what do they connect the gnd wire to ..?
Yes indeed, Miguel is grounding the ribbon tweeter frames of both his loudspeakers. He attached the grounding wire to a screw in this frame and connected this wire to his top of the line Emperor NG ‘grounding’ station.

This new top of the line Tripoint Audio ‘grounding’ box is something very special indeed and currently only three of them were made. They are very labour intensive pieces and quite difficult to produce. Just to give you a basic idea: the emperor NG weighs more than 100 kg and contains four silver (plated) filters which are completely isolated from each other and 25% larger than the copper filters Miguel employed in the past.

As mentioned before, I heard an a/b comparison - the same pieces of music with and without grounding the ribbon tweeters - over the phone and the differences for the better were very impressive indeed.

If you look at my LA’s - and it is the same with for example the Tidal Akira’s and the Sunray G3 loudspeakers - Jorn avoids using screws on the outside of his transducers. Therefore attaching a grounding wire to a screw is not possible with my Tidal LA’s. But Miguel has some very clear ideas how to ground my six diamond drivers (in total). That said, these ideas need of course to be tested in practice once he comes over to my place.

Reactions: Audiohertz2
Hi Audiocrack,

I think the question (for me) is if Jorn already has designed for his speakers to be grounding via a grounding post that he has installed...how is Miguel then further grounding the speaker? Would Jorn not have connected all of the key elements inside the speaker so that they all connect to the grounding post?

Hi Audiocrack,

I think the question (for me) is if Jorn already has designed for his speakers to be grounding via a grounding post that he has installed...how is Miguel then further grounding the speaker? Would Jorn not have connected all of the key elements inside the speaker so that they all connect to the grounding post?
Hello Lloyd, please be assured I talked about this additional grounding of the LA’s extensively with Jorn and Miguel.

I am sorry but I cannot share on this forum proprietary Tripoint grounding information.

However, Miguel is willing to talk to you individually about grounding (my) loudspeakers (because the both of you know each other personally and you are a Tripoint customer).

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing