Totaldac new DACs

Any news on the new bi-unity DAC?
It is a new DAC with unity architecture, based on 2 R2R ladders per channel, so the price is just between the d1-unity and d1-triunity, for those who want better than d1-unity but can't afford the d1-triunity.

I am still using the great D1-monobloc 3 box unit. I am wondering if one box D1-triunity is now better for about the same price? Is upgrade/trade in possible from D1 monobloc to D1-triunity?

I am still using the great D1-monobloc 3 box unit. I am wondering if one box D1-triunity is now better for about the same price? Is upgrade/trade in possible from D1 monobloc to D1-triunity?
I would rather recommend that you upgrade your d1-monobloc to a d1-digital-sublime reclocker + d1-triunity, or better to a d1-sublime.

Sublime is unfortunately out of reach. But sublime reclocker + triunity is intriguing. And the third box then can be re-used for 2 output live power.

Sublime is unfortunately out of reach. But sublime reclocker + triunity is intriguing. And the third box then can be re-used for 2 output live power.
Not really, but we can talk about the details of such an upgrade by email.

Last edited:

I have the Triunity and absolutely love it. I don't know what your upgrade path would be from what you have now but if you can reach for it I'd say it's well worth it. Best DAC I have ever owned and I've had some big names in the past.

It's all a matter of taste, but this is easily an end game dac for most.

Last edited:
Reactions: gionaz and Zigis

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing