Videos - oomph, tympani, menace, power

Why is Lorde royal on this thread?

Reactions: Argonaut
Why is Lorde royal on this thread?

And why are there balloons?

Which Lorde "Royals" video recording do you prefer the sound of, Tim?

You usually encourage threads to stay on track. This is/was a good one -- let's stay with power music and not turn this into vinyl vs digital vs Stenho happy pony tunes.

Reactions: bonzo75
tima wrote - “You usually encourage threads to stay on track. This is/was a good one -- let's stay with power music and not turn this into vinyl vs digital vs Stenho happy pony tunes.”

I’m unfamiliar with this “happy pony tunes” terminology? Is it a personal compliment? Groves was no help whatsoever. Google gave me this:IMG_0322.jpeg

Last edited:
Which Lorde "Royals" video recording do you prefer the sound of, Tim?
And you? I have to say that Stenho's, despite sounding more hollow than the base recording, is clearly closer to the recording as heard through headphones than Peter's recording. In room who knows because I am pretty sure Stenho uses an aftermarket microphone and Peter is just using his phone and I think it is pretty clear from looking into these things that phone microphones over represent the effect of the room on the recording due to their omni-directional pattern. A directional mic works much better in most cases.

Reactions: Scott Naylor

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu