Videos: Show me MALE vocals

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Wouldn't wanna' forget Ozzy. Crank it.

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Always liked this song. Around 1990, wife and I saw Al Stewart at The Strand in Manhattan Beach, CA for a dinner and a live performance type event.

Al Stewart had a keen sense of humor and it was a very pleasant evening overall. But I experienced something during an instrumental piece of Stewart's that I've never exerpienced before nor since. During this one instrumental piece for maybe a minute or 2 at most, I was so completely immersed that it was as though I lost time or was transported or perhaps like I was on some type of LSD trip. There was nothing special about venue or where we were seated, but it was a rather incredible few moments that I'll never forget. Maybe it was the chili I don't know but quite a little experience.

Volume up.

Last edited:

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Give it some juice.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR
Crank it.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
When Peter Schrier visited a high end show, he looked at the prices of everything and went Ow! at every label. And sang this aria

mtemur

Mar 26, 2019
When Peter Schrier visited a high end show, he looked at the prices of everything and went Ow! at every label. And sang this aria

Sounds great. Smooth and silky highs and very organic lifelike mids. I wish bass has a little bit more speed. Anyway I think that’s a pretty good sound for a 833 amp and a double woofer speaker.

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Sounds great. Smooth and silky highs and very organic lifelike mids. I wish bass has a little bit more speed. Anyway I think that’s a pretty good sound for a 833 amp and a double woofer speaker.

It's a GM70 14 watt amp in front, and the horn speaker is off its normal position as the lowther beyma cone is in its place. So in the right place the bass is better. The horn speaker is playing. But then this record is not a bassy one, it is just musical Bach tenor arias by Peter Schreier.

Reactions: mtemur

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
I was like 95% packed when I recorded these. All my main stereo stuff was packed, even some of things I setup for Ron to have a listen to. But when I pulled out the mini monitors for packing I decided to see what they sounded like in a recording. Sadly digital, with the only DAC I have that is fully assembled from long ago (it is ok). The speakers are pretty natural sounding but cannot fully make up for the DAC imo. Granted it is a NOS DAC so it is inherently nicer to my ears than many, but there's a host of parts on it I would change out were to want to actually use it regularly.

I would like to try the speakers with main amplifiers (and TT's, etcs) but they cannot take the power, the 15-20w~ in the video literally puts them into protection mode at times.

DCC

Live very raw and not fantastic recording in a house

stehno

Jul 5, 2014
Salem, OR

Rexp

Aug 31, 2022
I was like 95% packed when I recorded these. All my main stereo stuff was packed, even some of things I setup for Ron to have a listen to. But when I pulled out the mini monitors for packing I decided to see what they sounded like in a recording. Sadly digital, with the only DAC I have that is fully assembled from long ago (it is ok). The speakers are pretty natural sounding but cannot fully make up for the DAC imo. Granted it is a NOS DAC so it is inherently nicer to my ears than many, but there's a host of parts on it I would change out were to want to actually use it regularly.

I would like to try the speakers with main amplifiers (and TT's, etcs) but they cannot take the power, the 15-20w~ in the video literally puts them into protection mode at times.

DCC

Live very raw and not fantastic recording in a house
Sounds great, which server/DAC are you running?

Folsom

VIP/Donor
Oct 25, 2015
Eastern WA
Sounds great, which server/DAC are you running?

Server is a disc player, nothing special. DAC is a AudioSector NOS DAC. I personally think it is the weaker link even though I love NOS DACs. I haven't had the time to design my own.

I do not expect many to be familiar with the album or genre. I was surprised how well the voices really have their own timbre, texture, separation like different instruments. I was not sure something like that would come across in a video. I had recently added a small change to the amplifier that had become part of later designs, seems to help it sound less hollow in video and in person is full/powerful.

Reactions: Rexp

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing