Visit to Chris to See Magico M9 and VYGER and Pilium in Southlake, Texas

So you are a guilty until proven innocent kind of guy. I am the opposite. Oh well. Your prejudicial bias is quite obvious.

Heh, what a comment.

It's not a trial. I take a broader perspective. I don't think dealers or manufacturers should be making public comments and videos about other dealers. It's not good for the industry, it's not good for business. There is already plenty of competition, gossip and innuendo in the audio business.

Not if done in a professional, ethical, informative, non biased manner. Music should be the unifying force. But given our world of mistrust, conspiracy theorists and rampant tribalism, maybe that is unrealistic. Too bad.

Why should Ron close a popular thread, just to placate a couple of dealers squabbling among each other. Dealers can have their own threads where they can control content, and regular members can choose to stay of these threads, i definitely do ! :)
Umm…actually you’re in one…

Ron, do you know of another public video of Chris’ pair of Magico M9s? My memory is bad, but I seem to remember a discussion here on WBF that Elon Wolf does not want the M9 recorded playing music. I can’t remember, but I think this came up after Bob East or West visited Dallas or recorded the panels and horns but not the Magicos. Or was it Bonzo, Lee, Jay or someone else? There have been many visits to Chris’ place with videos but not of the M9. Yours seems to be the first. Not suggesting you did not have permission, just that I do not know of other M9 videos from Dallas.

Peter,

Now that you're in Dallas, again, hopefully you can visit Chris Hesse and hear the M9 yourself, so you will have something constructive to contribute to this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Argonaut
Peter,

Now that you're in Dallas, again, hopefully you can visit Chris Hesse and hear the M9 yourself, so you will have something constructive to contribute to this thread.

I was in Dallas for a brief visit and have now left. I tried to visit Chris a couple of years ago but the M9 was not quite ready to audition. I’m now actually more interested in the other speakers he carries. Perhaps I’ll have a chance to visit him again.

I left this thread because you accused me of stirring the pot. More nonsense. Here you are again shifting the focus away from the topic on to me.

I asked you a simple question about whether or not your video is the only one of the M9 from Dallas. I basically asked the same question that was asked of you by another member and you refused to answer him too. That question and your refusal to answer it prompted some interesting responses from the other two dealers and provided more clarity on the situation. You thanked them for that clarity.

According to Bob, Chris asked you to remove the video. After learning that Magico does not want videos of the M9 and Rhapsody and Chris don’t want videos of the M9, you still refuse to delete it. You’re a dealer taking videos of other dealers show rooms and when asked to delete the video you refuse. Actions are revealing, Ron, and readers make judgments.

You wrote an essay about transparency and honesty and knowing where the lines are between all the conflicts you now have as a forum owner, a reviewer, and a dealer. You asked us to judge your behavior. When we ask you questions you accuse us of stirring the pot.

This thread is not about me spending a weekend in Dallas. It’s a thread started by one dealer about another dealer and a controversial video.

BTW Ron, I sent a text to you and to Keith yesterday saying I was leaving Dallas before the eclipse so you knew that I’m not there today. Why write a post telling me to visit Chris when you already know that I’m not there anymore? More Resnickian clickbait nonsense. And you accuse me of stirring the pot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
BTW Ron, I sent a text to you and to Keith yesterday saying I was leaving Dallas before the eclipse so you knew that I’m not there today. Why write a post telling me to visit Chris when you already know that I’m not there anymore? More Resnickian clickbait nonsense. And you accuse me of stirring the pot.

No; you are assuming. And you are incorrect.

You are assuming I know when an eclipse is happening. Apparently there is commotion about a coming eclipse, so I know that it is happening, but I have no idea when it is happening.

So you texting me "leaving before the eclipse event" does not tell me anything about when you are leaving Dallas.

Just as I stayed in Dallas an extra day to visit Chris Hesse, I thought your professed interest in visiting Chris might occasion an extra day in Dallas.

Last edited:
I asked you a simple question about whether or not your video is the only one of the M9 from Dallas. I basically asked the same question that was asked of you by another member and you refused to answer him too.
I didn't answer this question because it seemed silly to me. How could I possibly know all of the people who ever visited Chris, and know whether or not he allowed one or more of them to video record the M9s?

Isn't it much more logical to ask Chris whether he has ever allowed somebody before me to video record his M9s?

Last edited:
When we ask you questions you accuse us of stirring the pot.

Please be accurate. There is no "us."

I accused only you of stirring the pot.

Peter, you should get in the car or train and come visit me in sunny Brooklyn:0)

I will have the Caravaggio XX at my place once I get them back from Robert Harley sometime in May. Of course the M7s, Diesis and Odeon as well as the new Lorenzo LM1 and LM3s that I have available to demonstrate. Would love for you to visit and it's really not that big a a trip.

Reactions: PeterA and Bobvin
Peter, you should get in the car or train and come visit me in sunny Brooklyn:0)

I will have the Caravaggio XX at my place once I get them back from Robert Harley sometime in May. Of course the M7s, Diesis and Odeon as well as the new Lorenzo LM1 and LM3s that I have available to demonstrate. Would love for you to visit and it's really not that big a a trip.
Which Odeon model(s) do you have there? How are you finding them compared to Diesis...I like them both but they are significantly different from each other.

They really are different, but more similar than not vs cabinet/cone speakers.

I have the Odeon Carneige and Semper. Then I have Diesis Roma Triode, Roma and Auras.

The Diesis RT and Romas as well as the Carneige and Semper can be driven easily with full dynamics from the 1 Watt Triode Lab 45 amps.

I think the Diesis having the open baffle are REALLY open sounding. I use them with REL 31s. By themselves they sound really good, but I like them better with the subs.

The Odeons are more full bodied sound without subs and go down into the 20s. More punch in the mid-bass with the Odeons with their cabinets vs the open baffle of the Diesis.

Both the Odeons and the Diesis with the low power amps have a very transparent soundstage and dense midrange images. Both speakers layer nicely if out in the room. I have both the Diesis and Odeons about 2.5M out into the room to the front of the speakers

I have had more success with the Roma Triode in the last six months with regard to sales, selling two pairs of RT's. Although I've only had the Odeons for about six month now so it takes time.

I didn't answer this question because it seemed silly to me. How could I possibly know all of the people who ever visited Chris, and know whether or not he allowed one or more of them to video record the M9s?

Isn't it much more logical to ask Chris whether he has ever allowed somebody before me to video record his M9s?

we all know the answer Ron. Chris and Bob clarified all of this in this thread. You know exactly what’s going on.

And you might be the only person in the country who doesn’t know when the eclipse is or what the Super Bowl is. BS

thank you Bob. I’ll try to fit it in at some point.

Reactions: Rhapsody
Ron, apparently there was mis-communication about posting the video. It happens. But Chris and I do not like the video that has been posted. Simple as that. We just don't like the audio quality of the video.

Btw, I am part owner of the M9s that are in Chris's place. I don't like the video and would not have allowed it to be posted if I was asked prior about posting the M9 video.

we all know the answer Ron. Chris and Bob clarified all of this in this thread. You know exactly what’s going on.

And you might be the only person in the country who doesn’t know when the eclipse is or what the Super Bowl is. BS
No, he is most definitely not! The only person who knows or cares when the eclipse is, and why anyone should give a badly scratched LP about it.... ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron Resnick

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing