Visit to Marc C.'s (SpiritOfMusic's) House in England

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Phil, all good advice I think. Tbh, the current change is hitting the mark, and I'm not too fussed if something "better" could have been done instead. For me, after a small aclimatisation period, the sound is hitting the mark.
Warmer and sweeter without being euphonic or cloying.
More tonal differentiation btwn albums.
Longer, fatigue free listening.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: Lagonda and PeterA

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Good luck with your wishes to the Tooth Fairy, Ked.

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Seriously, if you think I'm gonna put up with what Vienna has on his Vyda cables thread, no thanks.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Seriously, if you think I'm gonna put up with what Vienna has on his Vyda cables thread, no thanks.

Marc, if you post videos, Lagonda and I will ensure this thread doesn't degrade and you get the most respect. We will also respect your thread on threads and request others to follow in your footsteps

Reactions: Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Marc, if you post videos, Lagonda and I will ensure this thread doesn't degrade and you get the most respect. We will also respect your thread on threads and request others to follow in your footsteps
Yes we promise we will not make fun of you ever again ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
On a more serious note, what is sitting on the right next to your TT ?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ra always say men are obsessed with videos. She didn't mean the system compares...more the female compares.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Straingauge energizer box, effectively my phono stage. The big bespoke LPS for it, and Farad LPS for SOTA motor, are on the ampstand further back, behind the SET.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Honestly, men on their own, in darkened rooms, sharing videos. It shouldn't be allowed.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Straingauge energizer box, effectively my phono stage. The big bespoke LPS for it, and Farad LPS for SOTA motor, are on the ampstand further back, behind the SET.
I see you use the same lighting crew as Stehno for your pictures ! ;)

Reactions: PeterA

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I see you use the same lighting crew as Stehno for your pictures ! ;)
Oh, I've learnt from the best.
I've gone for a hybrid dungeon/student who can't afford to pay the electricity bill motif.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
But the videos? You've got to promise not to mock the videos!

;)
Isn't that don't mock the afflicted? Then again my skillset with computers is some kind of affliction.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Seems like Marc has no problem bending over.

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Analog remains the God of formats, Tang, happy to bow at the altar. I tend to kneel than bend.
However, my evolution in audio system building and refining my sound means I have way more reverence than I used to for the humble CD.
Took me a decade to even look at a silver disc, another decade to find digital sound could be pretty decent, another decade to nail the CDP that ticked every box, another 7 years to get the very best out of it.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
For me, this episode is showing there is mileage in selected, subtle room treatments. I look at so many rooms, especially the SMT panels-treated ones, and almost every square inch of wall surface is covered.

For me, the uptick in warmth/sweetness, removal of some further hardness, shoring up of mids tonal density and imaging, while not super imposing a sameness over every album, is a nice, late-system evolution bonus. I've got to really thank Phil here for prodding me in this direction, and providing the schematic for PETs positioning I ended up using.

My next venture may be to trial some Artnovion absorber/diffuser hybrid panels and bass traps.

Unlike some guys here (especially PeterA), who have managed to eliminate acoustic treatments from their rooms, every single time I think I can get away without absorption on front wall and side wall reflection points, the results in hardened SQ means back in they go. And now absorption on the eaves proving to be a benefit.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing