Visit to Marc C.'s (SpiritOfMusic's) House in England

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Haha Tom, that's the spirit. I can show you the sights that made the Right Honourable Elizabeth Truss MP, our esteemed ex-Prime Minister, choose our area to be her fiefdom.
And you can have a listen to things here as well, if you like lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bonzo75

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Marc, you truly are the master of finding tweaks, that no one ever knew they needed, i am sold ! ;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Marc, you truly are the master of finding tweaks, that no one ever knew they needed, i am sold ! ;)
"...to the man in the red, white and blue suit!"

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Well Gavin, first new Defs in a decade, so not so much "more" as "about bloody time".
However $22k that would mean £11-14k in 2008, means, um, £22-28k today.
These Airblades plus a Zu factory upgrade for my on board sub amps, amount to a fraction of those sums.
Any chance of a pic, of the Airblades in situ?

I'm intruiged by the idea of them as omnis, given what the website says about any configuration being possible
How did you come across them?

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Haha Tom, that's the spirit. I can show you the sights that made the Right Honourable Elizabeth Truss MP, our esteemed ex-Prime Minister, choose our area to be her fiefdom.
And you can have a listen to things here as well, if you like lol.
Oh fuvk she was one of yours!
Inevitable that it was Norfolk, wasn't it?

Stephen Fry talked about it being the last bastion of little england, with an atmosphere of confederate south(east)ern pride meets deliverance

I used to be involved with a Norfolk rave collective by the name of Branescann. Lovely people. Threw some really good free parties that introduced me to North Norfolk. Have to say i was smitten by the locations. Who ken Norfolk had hills!
They even had a decent enough dance track released. I'll see if i can dig it up

Reactions: Lagonda

pjwd

Jun 22, 2015
Brisbane
Gave into extreme temptation, and have added a pair of Arya Audio Airblades Hype SE to my system. Ongoing impressions have totally vindicated my decision. Feels very "end game" as a move.
Marc,
They are a very interesting driver
How did you integrate them .. do they have a crossover built in

Cheers
Phil

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
Well Gavin, first new Defs in a decade, so not so much "more" as "about bloody time".
However $22k that would mean £11-14k in 2008, means, um, £22-28k today.
These Airblades plus a Zu factory upgrade for my on board sub amps, amount to a fraction of those sums.
Amusing you are complaining about expense after the thousands of pounds you’ve spent on tweaks and cables. Not to mention Sean takes trade ins.

Reactions: christoph

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Keith, if I'm complaining about anything, it's the £ at parity with the $, not Sean's pricing. Your opinions on my spending choices have been duly noted.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Marc,
They are a very interesting driver
How did you integrate them .. do they have a crossover built in

Cheers
Phil
Phil, there's a dedicated Airblades thread in the Speakers Forum, Arthur from the company can answer your Qs there.

Reactions: pjwd

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Any chance of a pic, of the Airblades in situ?

I'm intruiged by the idea of them as omnis, given what the website says about any configuration being possible
How did you come across them?
Gavin, pics in situ on the dedicated Airblades thread in the Speakers forum. I guess omni might be possible...if you have the budget for two pairs lol.
Re finding them, I bought my Revopods footers for my Zus from Arya Audio, and became aware at that time about the Airblades, followed user reports on AudioExotics, and kept in sporadic contact with Arthur.
Which then led to the trial, eight months ago.

Reactions: infinitely baffled

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
This is where it always is, I'm contradicting myself lol. I'm ok to admit that. The opportunity to buy the Airblades has come out of the blue, and they do something I can't even achieve for 3x their budget, so I've taken the plunge.
My bank balance fully dictates that nothing beyond another Prince Sablon, possible Zu factory sub amps change, and some odds and ends, are the only things on the horizon.
And then there is this
https://audioexotics.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/13154/i-am-speechless-babel-by-wellfloat

Reactions: infinitely baffled

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ooh Barry, you TRULY have an evil streak in you lol.
I *think* I can resist these...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I know someone who bought the Wellfloat, and will get to demo them, so you can pass, Marc, as you won't be the first.

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I hope he's very happy. Yes, I *must* be the first, anything less just won't do.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Um, maybe not.

AThrillOfHope

Jul 27, 2021
In a converted Wesleyan Chapel located Northeast of Central London, reside Marc -- also known as Spirit of Music -- his longtime girlfriend, Irana, three cats and a newly-built listening room. The grounds surrounding the chapel are filled with trees. The house is situated along, and Marc's carport is parallel to, a small river which leads to the ocean. I really felt like I was in the quintessential English countryside, because I was in the quintessential English countryside.

View attachment 35510

View attachment 35511

View attachment 35512

View attachment 35513

View attachment 35514
Amazing. Enchanted. Like music. Aesthetics of one’s environment may be just as critical to the spiritual as the music itself.

(I’ll say it for you: Aren’t I deep?)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Amazing. Enchanted. Like music. Aesthetics of one’s environment may be just as critical to the spiritual as the music itself.

(I’ll say it for you: Aren’t I deep?)
The other way to look at this is, spirituality doesn't quite cover: needing a new roof, total re-plumb and re-wire, two dozen new windows, new kitchen, two new bathrooms, total plaster and decorate...and the expense of creating a dedicated listening room.
Other than that, good for the soul.

Last edited:

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Yes, I *must* be the first, anything less just won't do.

Very few spectators are ever there to congratulate. Which is why in this gentleman's sport showing class is the only means to establish a new one.

I for one am glad to see you fielding a new entry this season. Along with well wishes this new driver finds success you can personally certify.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing