Wadax World Premiere at Munich Highend

I asked People attending there to go on Wadax , pillium rooms all felt very high quality in sound
overall I think it was great showing happy for you Elliot

Reactions: Elliot G.
You can set the gain for 3 output levels for use without a pre amp.
Afaik its not an adjustable volume control

Atlantis and studio are the same in that regard .

So use without a pre amp is kinda limited off course .
( I m quit sure with pre amp the sound is better as well )
as far as I know you are not correct.They used it in the Wadax room driving ARC amps are were controlling the volume via RC. The gain settings or amount of output voltage is help match it to the gear being used with it. This is the same in the REFERENCE dac which has an output voltage adjustement 1,2 or 4v the total system volume is controlled with a preamplifier.
I heard it without a preamp and Im telling you that room was really freeking good. I listened in that room a lot because I think this is a really cool product and I think a lot of people are going to want one. I have a list of those wanting to hear and try it.

Reactions: Alrainbow
can some explain the Akasa cable
is it optical or power or both ?
i don't have any direct description from Wadax about that. just my own observations about it.

'Akasa' is a 'class' of cables beyond the standard.. both the optical 'USB' version for between the dac and server, and the DC version between the power supplies and dac and server, were developed during the development of the gear.

as far as the optical Akasa, a description of that cable development process is attached to the (Absolute Sound #326, April 22') Wadax Reference Server review. Page 112 "Cutting Edge-technology". you can read about it there. tried to find a link which includes that page but so far have not been able to.

if you watch that video in the first post on the 'History of Wadax' thread, Javier (at about the 13 minute point) get's into the process of the development of DC Akasa cables and where they came up with the name 'Akasa'.

Reactions: Alrainbow
I heard it without a preamp and Im telling you that room was really freeking good.

Yes it sounded good .

It seems like you can control the volume via the streaming app you install on your phone which is cool

• Player using the original app from their preferred streaming service. Switching between streaming services is as simple as changing apps. The use of the native app for each streaming service ensures that Studio • Player does not require frequent updates to stay current, reducing downtime for software maintenance and allowing users to spend more time enjoying their music.

Additionally, this configuration enables any device running a streaming app to function as the controller for Studio • Player. Users can conveniently view artwork and control volume from the comfort of their listening chair.

first comments I ve seen on the studio player

Yes it sounded good .

It seems like you can control the volume via the streaming app you install on your phone which is cool

• Player using the original app from their preferred streaming service. Switching between streaming services is as simple as changing apps. The use of the native app for each streaming service ensures that Studio • Player does not require frequent updates to stay current, reducing downtime for software maintenance and allowing users to spend more time enjoying their music.

Additionally, this configuration enables any device running a streaming app to function as the controller for Studio • Player. Users can conveniently view artwork and control volume from the comfort of their listening chair.
it also has a remote control!

Reactions: andromedaaudio
as far as I know you are not correct.They used it in the Wadax room driving ARC amps are were controlling the volume via RC. The gain settings or amount of output voltage is help match it to the gear being used with it. This is the same in the REFERENCE dac which has an output voltage adjustement 1,2 or 4v the total system volume is controlled with a preamplifier.
I heard it without a preamp and Im telling you that room was really freeking good. I listened in that room a lot because I think this is a really cool product and I think a lot of people are going to want one. I have a list of those wanting to hear and try it.
The spec voltage is SE or BAL ?

The WADAX Studio Player is just that. It is a digital front end: CD, SACD, DAC and Streamer for Direct Connect streaming services, i.e. Spotify and Tidal at present and in the near term possibly Qobuz among others. Yes, the device has an ethernet jack BUT, at present it does not sport a UPnP/DLNA media renderer, nor is there any mention of Roon integration.

This could be on the roadmap as part of modular add-in solutions. I have asked WADAX directly about this and have not heard back from them about the reason for no such network or Roon integration.

Time will tell as to the company's philosophy and direction. This could have been an opportunity to shake things up.

there are multiple videos about Munich on the TAS YouTube channel, and then we need a time point on the video where it's mentioned.

need the precise video and time.

thanks.

the end of Tom Martins report or almost the end is about the Wadax room

Reactions: Mike Lavigne
Even if this does not do local files it’s still a good thing for me
in the end I can burn cd,s
even sacd
Tidal has some non red book and mQA and I’ll bet Q buzz is soon.

cost and one box still makes this good I think.
I do feel for ones who have spent big bucks on high end Wadax products it’s tough look and do they feel the transport not doing sacd is tough

It is good to see Wadax giving the physical media people something. I only spin records or play CD/SACD. Esoteric was almost alone as the CD/SACD player. I am biased against streaming as the future is not bright for those who license content and stream.

Even if this does not do local files it’s still a good thing for me
in the end I can burn cd,s
even sacd
Tidal has some non red book and mQA and I’ll bet Q buzz is soon.

cost and one box still makes this good I think.
I do feel for ones who have spent big bucks on high end Wadax products it’s tough look and do they feel the transport not doing sacd is tough
Qobuz is supposed to happen this summer.
There is a reference transport Al it is designed to play CD and SACD at reference level 5. It can be used with optical option and even an extra power supply fir those wanting to take it to the max!

Greetings everyone, and thank you for your patience as I have been gathering information to answer some of your questions.

One of the biggest questions has been whether Studio Player will offer UPnP, and I am pleased to let you know the answer is yes. We will incorporate DLNA into Studio Player to provide access to music sources external from the capabilities of the Player itself. I do not have a lot of specifics yet, but please understand it will be an incorporated feature. There is no onboard Roon support in Studio Player.

The Player, as demonstrated in Munich, offers a built-in volume control so you can use it like a preamplifier. The volume can be controlled from the unit remote, or if you are streaming, from the device running the streaming app (for example, if I am streaming Tidal from my iPad, I can use the volume control on the iPad to control Studio Player).

The transport utilized is a D&M. The difference between Studio Player and the announced Studio Transport will be several; the Player includes streaming capabilities as well as a DAC. The transport will only be a disc spinner, but it will incorporate the Akasa optical system so it can be used in future across Wadax platforms.

Some have asked how the sound quality compares to the previous Atlantis line (now discontinued) - the Studio line is better in every way from the Atlantis series. Numerous technologies incorporated during the development process for Atlantis Reference have been trickled down into Studio to provide exceptional performance at this price point.

I will keep you up to date with any further info as we get closer to shipping. Please feel free to ask any more questions; if I missed your question, just let me know and I will get back to you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing