Wadax World Premiere at Munich Highend

I can't give you an answer as almost all the music played was streaming. I did get to see and listen to a disc for a short time. I listened extensively to straming via Tidal in bot the Wadax room ( no preamp) and in the Gobel room with preamp. IMPO this is going to be a very succesful and in high demand item. It has a lot of buzz and I dont know anyone that heard it that walked away without good things to say about the sound.
Until I actually get one and have the chance to do what you are asking I can't

Thank's, very fair comment, still it all looks very favourable, I booked a demo last week and was informed I'd be one of the first in the UK to listen to the Studio Player in a home setting.

My primary focus is on CD/SACD playback, as I only plan to use the Studio Player to listen to discs.

Thank's, very fair comment, still it all looks very favourable, I booked a demo last week and was informed I'd be one of the first in the UK to listen to the Studio Player in a home setting.

My primary focus is on CD/SACD playback, as I only plan to use the Studio Player to listen to discs.
Fantastic...look forward to hearing what you think!

My dealer is hoping his demo unit will arrive in the next 6-8 weeks, the anticipation is building. :)
I can imagine! I am most intrigued...despite all the wonderful digital out there (TotalDAC, MSB, Lampi, DCS, AC, AN), the one that has captured my attention the most is definitely Wadax. Taiko is another for its server.

Lots of very helpful information in this thread thanks with important future prospects clarified, but I'm intrigued that one of the first services that they've chosen to support is Spotify given its lack of a Hi-Fi service.

Reactions: WADAX
Lots of very helpful information in this thread thanks with important future prospects clarified, but I'm intrigued that one of the first services that they've chosen to support is Spotify given its lack of a Hi-Fi service.
Studio Player will be released with Tidal and Spotify because both of those services offer Connect. Connect obviates the need for a third party app, and instead allows connection directly from the streaming provider app. We will be adding more services in the future as Connect becomes available (Qobuz should have it early fall, for example). Connect was chosen for two reasons - simplicity and minimal service needs. We wanted a system anyone in the household could easily connect to, and using the native streaming service app means less connectivity issues and problems.

I wanted to provide an update regarding Studio Player. A number of people have asked about Roon support. While Studio Player will not be a full server and Roon core like our Reference Server, it will be an endpoint. We have submitted all necessary requirements to Roon for certification. While Studio Player may not be Roon ready at first release, the player is fully field updatable, and we will institute Roon as soon as the certification is approved by them. This will be in addition to the connect service already designed into the player as well as UPnP/DLNA.

I wanted to provide an update regarding Studio Player. A number of people have asked about Roon support. While Studio Player will not be a full server and Roon core like our Reference Server, it will be an endpoint. We have submitted all necessary requirements to Roon for certification. While Studio Player may not be Roon ready at first release, the player is fully field updatable, and we will institute Roon as soon as the certification is approved by them. This will be in addition to the connect service already designed into the player as well as UPnP/DLNA.
Great to know about your efforts on Roon certification. Could I ask if the new Studio Player is based on x86 structure or NOT? Thanks.

Studio Player will be released with Tidal and Spotify because both of those services offer Connect. Connect obviates the need for a third party app, and instead allows connection directly from the streaming provider app. We will be adding more services in the future as Connect becomes available (Qobuz should have it early fall, for example). Connect was chosen for two reasons - simplicity and minimal service needs. We wanted a system anyone in the household could easily connect to, and using the native streaming service app means less connectivity issues and problems.
"Connect," streaming access, and "native applications" will replace the need for Roon for those who elect not to store files. In my experience, nothing provides a better user experience than native streaming.

Brandon, I heard and saw the Studio Player in Munich, which was stunning. Congratulations! This model will allow many more music lovers to enjoy Wadax magic!

Thanks for the update. Any idea when the Studio will be with Importers/Dealers?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing