What ethernet cables are members using?

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Belden Cat6a (10GX32) and this:
I bought the Blue Jeans ethernet Cat 6 cable which is Belden. The WireWorld Starlight 8 and Audioquest Cinnamon were both better. Blue Jeans claims all ethernet cable sounds the same but that has not been my experience at all. As different sounding as different USB cables.

Kal Rubinson

May 4, 2010
NYC
www.stereophile.com
I bought the Blue Jeans ethernet Cat 6 cable which is Belden. The WireWorld Starlight 8 and Audioquest Cinnamon were both better. Blue Jeans claims all ethernet cable sounds the same but that has not been my experience at all. As different sounding as different USB cables.
If you say so. How did you use them and what lengths?

Last edited:

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I am so glad I have no Ethernet cable music in my system. My hard drive is directly connected to my Lumin. Otherwise, I am sure I would be in the upgraded Ethernet cable parade. :)

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reactions: PR13

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
Just ordered the Shunyata Sigma Ethernet cable to run between SoTM reclocker and Innuos music server. I'd been using the SoTM ethernet cable but am trying to complete an entire SHunyata cable loom.

Bluedog

Nov 22, 2013
Boston
Just a followup on the change from the SoTM dCBL - CAT7 ethernet cable to a Shunyata Research Sigma cable from the wall to a Innuous Zenith streamer. The change is remarkable. It's as if the background became blacker and instruments that were hardly noticeable become much more evident. It's as if some of the music I'd been hearing initially was missing, until I realized that with the Sigma the space between instruments became darker and more apparent. It's a touch pricey at $900 but I'd expected the price to be much higher considering it's a Sigma. Highly recommended.

Reactions: Kadoorie and vhs

kerisabe

May 23, 2020
Jakarta, Indonesia.
Im eager to hear comparison from anyone whos got an experience hearing the Shunyata Sigma Ethernet cable and the Pachanko Aphileon ethernet cable. Im about to purchase either one of them. But havent heard any of them. The one I have currently in my system is the Revelation Audio Labs one. Thanks in advance.

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida
Which audiophile CAT cables don't have metal shelled connectors? I know Peter Lie from Lumin has recommended against metal shelled cables for their streamers. I tried one, and he's right, it was way noisier than cheap cable I had laying around. I would like to upgrade that though.

Thanks in advance.

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
40764 Langenfeld / Germany
Got an AQ Diamond Ethernet cable today. It only has a standard Telegaertner plug. Not the customized AQ version with the written words "aq", "diamond" and the direction arrow.
Is this a genuine AQ diamond cable? Were they built this way a few years ago? But why a new box with the customized plug on the photo but old plugs on the actual cable? Seems strange.
Thanks
Dirk

Attachments

• K1600_20201019_131559.JPG
    K1600_20201019_131559.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 20

Blackmorec

Feb 1, 2019
Got an AQ Diamond Ethernet cable today. It only has a standard Telegaertner plug. Not the customized AQ version with the written words "aq", "diamond" and the direction arrow.
Is this a genuine AQ diamond cable? Were they built this way a few years ago? But why a new box with the customized plug on the photo but old plugs on the actual cable? Seems strange.
Thanks
Dirk
Take a couple of photos and send an email to AQ. They will confirm product integrity

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
It is from a dealer who gave up the business because of Corona. He now sells his remaining stock and demonstration articles on the internet. But I think he was an official Audioquest dealer.

Diasoft5

Feb 19, 2020
Take a couple of photos and send an email to AQ. They will confirm product integrity

The problem is solved. Audioquest has confirmed that the cable used to look like this. I have a genuine cable.

Reactions: Blackmorec

mribob

May 8, 2017
Agoura, CA
I'd second the Sablon ethernet cable, made a nice improvement, and I also own Wireworld platinum....in fact I like all the Sablon cords, especially their power cords as well

speakerlust

Mar 26, 2011
ihmeyers,

What did you end up purchasing for your cable for your Lumin T2? I am using fiber optic to my X1 now, but am musing about a Antipodes K40, which has a direct ethernet RJ-45 port for connecton to end point. It appears to me that all Telegärtner terminated plugs are all metal. Blue Jeans Cable per their website are using Belden cable terminated with either Sentinel RJ-45 booted connectors (no external metal showing) or Panduit bootless (no external metal showing) connector. In perusing the Shunyata website, the Venom is using Belden RJ-45 connectors while the others are shown with Telegärtner connectors. It looks like the Belden are not metal exterior, but oddly, I cannot open the Belden website to further explore.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing