What is a reviewer?

To go further off-topic ... I do enjoy watching professionally made videos of orchestras performing classical music on tv with the Sonos and its sub.

I will recommend to both of you (@Mike Lavigne and @Ron Resnick ) a Blu-ray disc of John Williams with the Berlin Philharmonic playing his own music. A good chunk of it is Star Wars soundtrack music (neo-Wagner-lite) and Indiana Jones. I suggest it not for the music or as a listening experience per se (although it is enjoyable) but for its educational and appreciation value for learning about an orchestra, how a conductor controls the orchestra and for seeing/hearing up-close individual musicians and sections of musicians play their instruments.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu