What turntables do you use? Pictures would be nice as well :-)

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Yea, Jonathon designs his carts for the headshell to dissipate most of the energy from the cartridge - flimsy headshell/tonearms need not apply.
no such thing as best, as synergy plays such an important part - even if one does not know why the synergy is even there :p
dynavector XV-1s sounded really good when I had the 3012-R on the TW - no idea why.

Ironically I bought the 3012R to use with my Atlas. I think it sounds great but now you have me wondering if it could sound better with another tonearm.

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Ironically I bought the 3012R to use with my Atlas. I think it sounds great but now you have me wondering if it could sound better with another tonearm.

SAT is calling your name :p

but hey, if it sounds great in your 3012-R, why change - unless you have $$ burning a hole.

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
ive heard Atlas sound great with Primary Control Gravity arm....but again back to the $$ out the door :)

Reactions: XV-1

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
but hey, if it sounds great in your 3012-R, why change - unless you have $$ burning a hole.
Totally agree.

Reactions: No Regrets

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
A Christmas gift from Turkey. It really works. Technology has come a long way since this :D

34359959-4896-4942-810F-5F50B7DB8109.jpeg E749F8D4-2CF5-49B7-AA97-C2191498ED51.jpeg

groovemaster

VIP/Donor
Sep 26, 2017
The Garrard 301 is a recordplayer that can be customized to your personal taste through the frame, tonearm and system.

Garrard_1.jpg

Here an AS community member has made the 301 very noble. With SME 3012 and a SPU fits perfectly. The frame is from ZChech and the Garrard logo from America. The clear as purist line was important to him what ultimately contributed to the purchase of the AS Phonolab. "The combination of the Phonolab with Recompizer convinced me immediately" was his succinct comment. "Connected, fits! I have already a longer search for the optimal matching phono stage behind me, including some tube phono amplifiers, but this one convinced me immediately. His Transrotor FAT Bob Reference, is connected on the 2nd phono input. You will see it in one of the next posts.

I asked him, what car is your Favorite? Porsche! O.K.No more Questions.

groovemaster

Last edited:

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
The Garrard 301 is a recordplayer that can be customized to your personal taste through the frame, tonearm and system.

View attachment 87733

Here an AS community member has made the 301 very noble. With SME 3012 and a SPU fits perfectly. The frame is from ZChech and the Garrard logo from America. The clear as purist line was important to him what ultimately contributed to the purchase of the AS Phonolab. "The combination of the Phonolab with Recompizer convinced me immediately" was his succinct comment. "Connected, fits! I have already a longer search for the optimal matching phono stage behind me, including some tube phono amplifiers, but this one convinced me immediately. His Transrotor from the ZET series hangs on the 2nd phono input. I asked him, what car is your Favorite? Porsche! O.K.No more Questions.

groovemaster
beautiful finish, a lot of clear lacquer;)

jeff1225

Jan 29, 2012

View attachment 87733

Here an AS community member has made the 301 very noble. With SME 3012 and a SPU fits perfectly. The frame is from ZChech and the Garrard logo from America. The clear as purist line was important to him what ultimately contributed to the purchase of the AS Phonolab. "The combination of the Phonolab with Recompizer convinced me immediately" was his succinct comment. "Connected, fits! I have already a longer search for the optimal matching phono stage behind me, including some tube phono amplifiers, but this one convinced me immediately. His Transrotor from the ZET series hangs on the 2nd phono input. I asked him, what car is your Favorite? Porsche! O.K.No more Questions.

groovemaster
Beautiful table.

No Regrets

Jan 24, 2012
Midwest USA

View attachment 87733

Here an AS community member has made the 301 very noble. With SME 3012 and a SPU fits perfectly. The frame is from ZChech and the Garrard logo from America. The clear as purist line was important to him what ultimately contributed to the purchase of the AS Phonolab. "The combination of the Phonolab with Recompizer convinced me immediately" was his succinct comment. "Connected, fits! I have already a longer search for the optimal matching phono stage behind me, including some tube phono amplifiers, but this one convinced me immediately. His Transrotor FAT Bob Reference, is connected on the 2nd phono input. You will see it in one of the next posts.

I asked him, what car is your Favorite? Porsche! O.K.No more Questions.

groovemaster
Beautiful!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
A Christmas gift from Turkey. It really works. Technology has come a long way since this

:D

Well comparing the Gramaphone,

977D5814-CAD9-43CB-A89D-7B9CC0CE185A.jpeg

to the J. Sikora,

7544B7E2-7EF0-4D7C-BC3D-2A62EBBDBACF.jpeg

I hear a tremendous improvement.

And when I compare my Gramphone Stylus (i.e. a nail)

51FF0771-A8FF-400B-A930-6367E88560B7.jpeg

to my Airtight Opus1,

63D57D68-3D60-4D19-9761-A32E46632447.jpeg

I would say there is a night and day difference between the two. The technology has changed. I like the fact I don’t have to presently use a hand crank as well,

AE85264D-CB7F-4E0B-9AB8-61746A37AAAB.jpeg

groovemaster

VIP/Donor
Sep 26, 2017
On the right side is something very special that I do not want to withhold from you.

A huge Transrotor FAT BOB Reference. A statement in chrome. George , as a real asthetic, equipped it with an SME tonearm that guides the GRADO Reference Master 2 through the groove. This is also connected to the AS Phonolab phono stage from Audiospecials.de. The SME arm is a 12 inch jewel.

My question was, of course, which one sounds better?
George said, that a phasemation transformer will soon be added to the SPU. And then we´ll see.

Transrotor_1.jpg

I am extremely curious about this.

I am also curious about that.
Groovemaster

groovemaster

VIP/Donor
Sep 26, 2017
The Picture in the back reminds me of Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Four Songs, conducted bei David Ackermann.
The Transrotor is very nice. Real classic sense.

groovemaster

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing