Which cables do you use with CH Precision products?

dnnaudio

Aug 3, 2021
I actually have the AU24SX I/C and S/C on a second system and like it a lot, organic and very evenly balanced across the board. Strange you found the Frontrow w/ less bass and treble spike as most user reviews I have seen suggests it is slightly warmer and more meaty compared to the SX. What model Shunyata cables did you try?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I actually have the AU24SX I/C and S/C on a second system and like it a lot, organic and very evenly balanced across the board. Strange you found the Frontrow w/ less bass and treble spike as most user reviews I have seen suggests it is slightly warmer and more meaty compared to the SX. What model Shunyata cables did you try?
Keep in mind the AU24SX SE is different from the non-SE version.

I tried Shunyata's top of the line speaker cables (Sigma V2) but don't remember which ICs but to be fair they weren't Sigma.

dnnaudio

Aug 3, 2021
When I bought the AU24 SX cables I recall it was the TOTL of Audience at the time prior release of Frontrow, w/ the SE next model below it. The local Shunyata distributor won’t stock Shunyata signal cables so only way for me to try is buy. I have read superlative reviews of both their Sigma and Alpha I/C and S/C specially the V2 you tried.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
When I bought the AU24 SX cables I recall it was the TOTL of Audience at the time prior release of Frontrow, w/ the SE next model below it. The local Shunyata distributor won’t stock Shunyata signal cables so only way for me to try is buy. I have read superlative reviews of both their Sigma and Alpha I/C and S/C specially the V2 you tried.
Sorry I confused the two. SX is what I have and indeed is the version just before FrontRow.

dnnaudio

Aug 3, 2021
Sorry I confused the two. SX is what I have and indeed is the version just before
If you ever get hold of the Sablon I/C or S/C would love to hear your take how it compares with the AU24SX. From Sablon reviews it sounds like it possesses the same attributes of the Audience that I value but possibly taken to a higher level.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I would love to try them. I have a Sablon ethernet cable that I think is great.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing