Wilson Alexx V vs Rockport Orion

I'm glad you're enjoying your very fine system. Sounds like you, as many of us have done went through extraneous efforts to dial in your system.

Just a thought - as good as the Mac gear is, you might want to investigate some of the ultra - high end preamps and amps such as CH Precision, Dhartzeel, Pilium, Gryphon and Audionet offerings. You very well may be pleasantly surprised.
Thanks very much for the compliment. I wish that I could, but as you can see, my Mac An gear is barely broken in. I'm a believer in sound signatures for the highest quality sound for the value because sometimes gear incompatibility adversely affects the sonics. The CH precision pre in the most recent Stereophile received an outstanding review. If I had the money and were younger, it would be high on my list. Also Vitus Masterpiece Series would be amazing. But I'm pretty much set and I get excellent results but I know that the ultra-high end gear could offer a significant improvement. But I think that I have spent enough and just love my new Mac An gear. As Andromeda has wisely said, "It's happiness and preference/taste," to paraphrase "that matters".

Last edited:
Reactions: sbo6

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu