Zayin Audio SupraReg LPS : my favorite LPS in 2024

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I wrote two short reviews on audiophile LPS in WBF sometime before.
They are the best at those moments and I purchased them for my CAS system :

Time flies and they are inevitably surpassed by a newer and even better LPS which is also my current favorite in the market : Zayin Audio SupraReg LPS.

Zayin Audio is a Taiwan brand. The boss/ boss/designer "Funjoe" is in the electronics manufacture industry and Zayin is his hobby.

The exterior design of SupraReg LPS is very diff from LPS of most other audiophile LPS. The front plate is a thick Mahogany plate not only for beauty but also for tuning of the sonics.
131630kl1l0l3apz0d32dd.jpg.thumb.jpg

There are two versions : 6A & 10A. The latter is for the power-hungry 4+slots NAS.
I auditioned the 6A version on the left in the showroom of the Hong Kong dealer.
131421r44sssij61s18lfv.jpg.thumb.jpg

Opening the top cover revealed the neatest internal layout I had ever encountered. This is the first prerequisite to good sonic performance.
I don't know what's inside the secretive black box. The dealer said that it's a mains cleaning circuit.
131105l2s5nixahix6c6fu.jpg.thumb.jpg

The Zayin Audio SupraReg is designed and made in Taiwan.
All the raw materials & components, even the stainless screws are sourced locally in Taiwan.
131109e39xnhcuj3udnhea.jpg.thumb.jpg

It's two dc outputs and the dc cables included in the package are quite unique : the sockets are "female" which is of the higher industrial safety standards.
131107sxpexzzz8uouz8wp.jpg.thumb.jpg

131108b9jf4rn7fhwm9p69.jpg.thumb.jpg

When I auditioned SupraReg at the dealer showroom, a configuration similar to my home CAS system was employed : wallsocket LAN cable to Zayin Audio Stargate Switch then to Taiko Audio Extreme Switch, the latter was supplied by the SupraReg LPS.
A Plixir Statement LPS was also there for direct comparison.
184743rvyx8vygrwww0dwm.jpg.thumb.jpg

131422zbbvzxfbqqv6000k.jpg.thumb.jpg

To cut straight to the point : SupraReg LPS is the best audiophile LPS I have auditioned up till today.
It possesses all the virtues of Plixir Statement LPS and Firebird bird LPS.
The hifi factors (quietness, dynamics, frq extensions... etc) are outstanding yet the musicality has not been sacrificed.
The Best of both Worlds indeed!

My wallet has got another hole again!
It will be used for my Taiko Audio Extreme Switch, closest to my Extreme Server thus giving it the best performance.

My Plixir Statement & Firebird will be moved more upstream, to supply my home router & modem respectively.

Last edited:
I wrote two short reviews on audiophile LPS in WBF sometime before.
They are the best at those moments and I purchased them for my CAS system :

Time flies and they are inevitably surpassed by a newer and even better LPS which is also my current favorite in the market : Zayin Audio SupraReg LPS.

Zayin Audio is a Taiwan brand. The boss/ boss/designer "Funjoe" is in the electronics manufacture industry and Zayin is his hobby.

The exterior design of SupraReg LPS is very diff from LPS of most other audiophile LPS. The front plate is a thick Mahogany plate not only for beauty but also for tuning of the sonics.
View attachment 133028

There are two versions : 6A & 10A. The latter is for the power-hungry 4+slots NAS.
I auditioned the 6A version on the left in the showroom of the Hong Kong dealer.
View attachment 133029

Opening the top cover revealed the neatest internal layout I had ever encountered. This is the first prerequisite to good sonic performance.
I don't know what's inside the secretive black box. The dealer said that it's a mains cleaning circuit.
View attachment 133030

The Zayin Audio SupraReg is designed and made in Taiwan.
All the raw materials & components, even the stainless screws are sourced locally in Taiwan.
View attachment 133031

It's two dc outputs and the dc cables included in the package are quite unique : the sockets are "female" which is of the higher industrial safety standards.
View attachment 133032

View attachment 133033

When I auditioned SupraReg at the dealer showroom, a configuration similar to my home CAS system was employed : wallsocket LAN cable to Zayin Audio Stargate Switch then to Taiko Audio Extreme Switch, the latter was supplied by the SupraReg LPS.
A Plixir Statement LPS was also there for direct comparison.
View attachment 133034

View attachment 133035

To cut straight to the point : SupraReg LPS is the best audiophile LPS I have auditioned up till today.
It possesses all the virtues of Plixir Statement LPS and Firebird bird LPS.
The hifi factors (quietness, dynamics, frq extensions... etc) are outstanding yet the musicality has not been sacrificed.
The Best of both Worlds indeed!

My wallet has got another hole again!
It will be used for my Taiko Audio Extreme Switch, closest to my Extreme Server thus giving it the best performance.

My Plixir Statement & Firebird will be moved more upstream, to supply my home router & modem respectively.
Great post, CK! I loved the photos, your helpful description and your clear verdict. You have a knack for being the first to find the best new components in this competitive field. I’ll bet many folks would be happy owning any of the three excellent LPS you reviewed and listed here. In my case though, I have limited shelf space which disqualified the Firebird. As for the two remaining candidates, the neat parts layout of the Suprareg is appealing. Do you think the central metal cooling fins might help screen the circuitry from transformer radiation?

You were unequivocal in your preference for the Zayin Suprareg, but can you imagine other listeners with different musical taste might choose the Plixir Statement instead? In other words, is your preference a matter of sound character or is the Suprareg simply superior in all criteria you considered? Could you clarify where the Suprareg had an advantage over the Plixir?

Last edited:
Great post, CK! I loved the photos, your helpful description and your clear verdict. You have a knack for being the first to find the best new components in this competitive field. I’ll bet many folks would be happy owning any of the three excellent LPS you reviewed and listed here. In my case though, I have limited shelf space which disqualified the Firebird. As for the two remaining candidates, the neat parts layout of the Suprareg is appealing. Do you think the central metal cooling fins might help screen the circuitry from transformer radiation?

Yes, the internal heatsink of Suprareg LPS is to act as a metallic shield to isolate the circuit boards from the toroid transformer.

Here is a photo of the interior of Plixir Statement I downloaded from internet.
It's obvious that the internal design & layout of SupraReg is far far better!

IMG_20240628_063952.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Opabin
You were unequivocal in your preference for the Zayin Suprareg, but can you imagine other listeners with different musical taste might choose the Plixir Statement instead? In other words, is your preference a matter of sound character or is the Suprareg simply superior in all criteria you considered? Could you clarify where the Suprareg had an advantage over the Plixir?

IMHO Suprareg is the LPS to buy.
Only if the system sound is a bit fat or too slow should the Plixir Statement be considered.
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Opabin
Is there a diference in the sound of the 6A version vs. the 10A version?
I’m interested in the answer to this question, too. The regular 6A version would have enough current capacity for my needs, but would the high current model sound better? Or would the HC version, for instance, sacrifice some of the agility and transparency of the regular version? Has anyone listened to both versions in the same system?

Reactions: CKKeung

I’m interested in the answer to this question, too. The regular 6A version would have enough current capacity for my needs, but would the high current model sound better? Or would the HC version, for instance, sacrifice some of the agility and transparency of the regular version? Has anyone listened to both versions in the same system?
Hi Opabin,
You are spot on! ;)

Consider the high current version only if you are considering to use it for NAS which has 4 HD or more.

@CKKeung what DC cable did you use between the Zayin to the Switch? Does the Zayin come with a 5.5/2.5 cable?

@CKKeung what DC cable did you use between the Zayin to the Switch? Does the Zayin come with a 5.5/2.5 cable?
The Zain has its own dc cable. Black in colour and quite thick though very flexible.
Funjoe & the HK dealer refused to tell me where it's from.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: keithc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu