Melco C1 SFP+ Direct Attach Cable : the first in audiophile market

Amphenol SFP+ 10GbE direct attach passive copper cable (DAC), quad-shielded 30 AWG twin-axial SKEWCLEAR wire
(SF-SFPP2EPASS-002)

13 Hours in and I am not regretting this upgrade one bit. 2M is the key I believe, more detailed, soundstage, depth, separation. This is a marked improvement over any of my SFP's from Finisar so far. More to come will continue the seasoning process. Next week will compare with the Melco DAC C1.

Amphenol SFP+ 10GbE direct attach passive copper cable (DAC), quad-shielded 30 AWG twin-axial SKEWCLEAR wire
(SF-SFPP2EPASS-002)

13 Hours in and I am not regretting this upgrade one bit. 2M is the key I believe, more detailed, soundstage, depth, separation. This is a marked improvement over any of my SFP's from Finisar so far. More to come will continue the seasoning process. Next week will compare with the Melco DAC C1.
I have not compared the Amphenol SFP+ 10GbE direct attach with the Melco C1 DAC, however, the Melco delivers in spades on all of those improvements. Very nice upgrade! My original post months ago was met with much skepticism, so I'm happy to hear from others who have been as pleasantly surprised as me.

I have not compared the Amphenol SFP+ 10GbE direct attach with the Melco C1 DAC, however, the Melco delivers in spades on all of those improvements. Very nice upgrade! My original post months ago was met with much skepticism, so I'm happy to hear from others who have been as pleasantly surprised as me.
So far...

Well CK started this particular thread talking about the $1K Melco DAC cable.
But a month or so ago I began discussion (elsewhere) of the $40 Amphenol SkewClear-based cable that you are now enjoying. That was my (tongue-in-cheek) point. Saved you $960. You’re welcome. :p
No really was following the cue in this thread from Torben. Never did see your original post, so all the credit is going to my friend Mr Torben, not you. Thank you Torben.
Well CK started this particular thread talking about the $1K Melco DAC cable.
But a month or so ago I began discussion (elsewhere) of the $40 Amphenol SkewClear-based cable that you are now enjoying. That was my (tongue-in-cheek) point. Saved you $960. You’re welcome. :p

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: TRHH
(SF-SFPP2EPASS-002)

13 Hours in and I am not regretting this upgrade one bit. 2M is the key I believe, more detailed, soundstage, depth, separation. This is a marked improvement over any of my SFP's from Finisar so far. More to come will continue the seasoning process.

Same here :) THX for sharing

Torben

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing