A new star in 2019 : Innuos Statement Server

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Hello Emile,

Pls consider to open a new thread "SGM Extreme" and share with us more info and photos of it there.

And WBF members can have discussion there.

Thanks!

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Come on Emile...get in the game.

Please start a thread regarding the SGM Extreme.....

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
As far as the Statement goes: give me the option for no USB out to dac, and no SSD storage.
That would be a winner IMO

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
As far as the Statement goes: give me the option for no USB out to dac, and no SSD storage.
That would be a winner IMO

The Renderer2 input module of SelectII/Ref is excellent!

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
I will be listening to the Innuos Zen3 very soon - I like their approach, and certainly the price

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ack, have you considered Roon Nucleus/Plus? About same price as Zen3.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I am awaiting delivery of my Zen3 from our buddy Alex at Alma Music. (The Statement is way out of my price range). If I can improve upon the sound I'm getting from my lowly MacBook Pro + Audirvana, I'll be very pleased from a cost/benefit perspective.

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Ack, have you considered Roon Nucleus/Plus? About same price as Zen3.

I have not; I really don't care about any music servers, because the couple I had in here could not possibly match my transport, or things like the to Baetis are too expensive, but this one appears to be executed at a level not seen before and the price is more reasonable. We will see.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So, Innuous Zen trumps Roon Nucleus? I thought they were pretty much equivalent products.

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Nucleus is nothing more than an Intel NUC with its corresponding cheap switched power supply and it has pre-installed Roon OS (a Lightweight Operating System based on Unix) and Roon Core. It is normal for Innuos with a well-designed linear power supply to sound better, otherwise the Innuos engineers have not done a good job.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
That's all I wanted to know. Innuous indeed is a more thought thru product re SQ, than Nucleus. I thought Nucleus might have been closer to Innuous than that.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
Really suppose that eliminating the USB module would reduce the cost by 30% seems to me extraordinarily optimistic. In addition, they renounce all clients with USB DAC. I do not think it was a good decision on the part of Innuos.

Reactions: CKKeung

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Really suppose that eliminating the USB module would reduce the cost by 30% seems to me extraordinarily optimistic. In addition, they renounce all clients with USB DAC. I do not think it was a good decision on the part of Innuos.

All new models of Innuos are seriously backordered.
This Portugal company is probably not a big one.
They are reluctant to have many options in their products, except the internal storage size.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Yes I'm with you on the size of the company

They leave a lot on the table without options/inventory, etc.

Probably explains their current offering choices.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Considering the expensive clock and power supply savings I think that such value can be realistic, but 20 or 30% is not the question. And surely they would keep the current model with USB!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing