Alsyvox vs. Clarisys - What are the Sonic Differences? Anyone Understand Design Differences?

Sorry for going of topic in regards to Alsyvox vs Clarisys but when talking about speakers at this pricepoint and size/weight. Why does no one factor in the Neoliths? They have been around for a while and can be found at the 2nd hand market. Are they not in the same league?

I enjoyed Martin-Logan hybrid speakers for 24 years continuously (Monolith, then Monolith III and then Prodigy for 18 years). So naturally I was very excited about the Neolith when it came out.

I think the Neolith is a total success sonically within the limits of its topology and design and size for audiophiles who value transparency and open soundstage above all else, and who are willing to sacrifice a bit of coherency.* Circa 2016 it was my second favorite planar dipole loudspeaker. I wrote about it on WBF. I still like the Neolith today.

Ultimately I felt that compared to electrostatic drivers ribbon drivers offer slightly greater corporeal body and realism with little to no sacrifice in transparency. This is the main reason I moved away from electrostatic loudspeakers to ribbon loudspeakers.

To the present day I would prefer the Neolith myself personally (using only very high power tube amplifiers) over many similarly priced and more expensively priced box speakers.

--------------

*I used to virtually beg Peter Soderberg of Martin-Logan to reformat the components of the Neolith into a large, four tower Statement E3: 12 inch Neolith midbass driver on the top and on the bottom of the Neolith electrostatic panel, and a separate woofer tower containing four of the 15 inch Neolith woofers.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing