Are equipment racks oddly the most difficult audio purchase?

Had my previous setup on cheap rack and never really gave it a ton of thought … except that I had the turntable on an HRS platform as it got rid of the humming issue I had as I turned up the volume. Then when I got my first tube amps borrowed a pair of HRS platforms and compared that to the cheap amps stands I had been using and the difference was really amazing with the tube amps. Sound stage really opened up and everything was much more detailed and could lear low level details that previously had been obscured. Made the decision there and then to build a complete HRS setup which I did and never looked back. With the level of gear I now own I think it was a great decision.

George

Reactions: CJmooney

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu