Audiogon's new face

ack

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
May 6, 2010
Boston, MA
Just went up, going to take a while to get used to it...

I think I like it. One can only hope the site is more user friendly. It's a tad difficult at times, or at least it has been for me. *prays*

Update; I definitely like it. Much more user friendly IMO. Good on ya' 'gone! :D

I'll Give It More Time

:eek:

where's the advanced search in the Buy category ? I use to be able to search by brand name and then specify interconnect or speaker wire, ect. There also used to be an alphabetical listing by brand name so you could click on Wilson or Siltech and get all the listings for that brand. These are features I used a lot and now miss.

Last edited:
Response time is worst than a donkey going uphill with extra Tequila barrels!!! .. maybe it is still running on a Beta version. :)

I am trying to reserve judgment until they are done with the transition but so far it is terrible. The site is littered with ads, including listing pages. This has been an issue that has grown over time so it is not new to the transition but it sure looks worse now. The ads are AdServe which means they are cookie based too, a horrible practice for any website and one that had a long time community like Agon it's even worse.

I also noticed that on an item listing page you are no longer able to see all of the sellers other items. That was a great selling tool. Instead, you get yet more sponsor ads. When a seller pays for his space to list an item, he should get that space...not some other sponsor flashing his ads in the space you are paying for.

I could go on and on but to me, it's a cluttered mess full of annoying ads and a bunch of stupid "features" that I cannot for the life of me think of why one would use.

Sure has given me a clearer picture of they type of folks in charge there.

They can make it up on the next midterm...

It's not gotten good reviews on other sites :) OTOH we know audiophiles like to complain. For me, it's an incomplete.

Is extra credit available? :rolleyes: ;)

Items are no longer sorted by category which makes things very cluttered and hard to sort through. If you search a brand, they used to list by type of component ....like a search for Krell would bring up multichannel amps, then a grouping of amps then cd players, preamps etc. It was very organised and easy to evaluate the search results. I don't see a way to sort like that. They have a cumbersome list on the left hand side that I guess may allow you to do a search for each category but that is a total pain. You would also see the type of component if you selected 'new today' but they seem to have removed type of component.

Just did a quick check of some forums out on the web and folks don't seem real fired up about the new site....not that it will matter much.

Pretty big fail going on there.

I used many of these former features as well, Christian...

where's the advanced search in the Buy category ? I use to be able to search by brand name and then specify interconnect or speaker wire, ect. There also used to be an alphabetical listing by brand name so you could click on Wilson or Siltech and get all the listings for that brand. These are features I used a lot and now miss.

hopefully, they will be restored :p

I like the price sort function, I never found it in the old version.

Hahaha -- Good One

Response time is worst than a donkey going uphill with extra Tequila barrels!!! .. maybe it is still running on a Beta version. :)

Seems to me, it's been a LONG time since substantial enterprises have operated on anything other than a beta version business model...consumer society --> disposable society :confused:

Extra tequila, you say -- Fernando?

Happy New Year :):cool:

Last edited:

Seems to me, it's been a LONG time since substantial enterprises have operated on anything other than a beta version business model...consumer society --> disposable society :confused:

Extra tequila, you say -- Fernando?

Happy New Year :):cool:

Cheers! :cool:

I got all excited when I saw this post...
I've been waiting with great suspense. I went over and it says "This application is undergoing maintenance right now. Please check back later."

Perhaps they are hearing the comments?

Peter B.

The redo is really crap IMO

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing