Avalon Tesseract

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
There is a if though : on jazz and classical the zanden can do things the boulder cant , it fills the room more , ever heard trumpet on the zanden , that is amazing , Miles davis for example , the dynamics have to be heard to be believed

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
There is a if though : on jazz and classical the zanden can do things the boulder cant , it fills the room more , ever heard trumpet on the zanden , that is amazing , Miles davis for example , the dynamics have to be heard to be believed

That is good to know! Thanks!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Hai wim , you can send me an email or gimme a call to make an appointment , ill probably have an old studer B 62 as well on tuesday , with alot of classical tapes should be fun .

groetjes henk jan

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Hai wim , you can send me an email or gimme a call to make an appointment , ill probably have an old studer B 62 as well on tuesday , with alot of classical tapes should be fun .

groetjes henk jan

Hoi Henk Jan,
it nay take some time (holiday just over) but I will let you know :). You are welcome in the "deep south" ;) as well.
groetjes,
Wim

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
Okay nice to know , its better also as my new CAD model is ready for the cnc shop :D hope to finish it all before the summer

groetjes hj

Last edited:

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Any news on the demo first announced to be held at CES and then posponed until February?

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
A 3060 is one amp i would save up for , looks gorgious ,a CAT legend or zanden 3000 doing the driving, unbeatable in my opinion , if you like " powersound "

Same could be said about your Conrad johnson /gryphon system i reckon

...or my Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse/Karan KA M2000 combo. If I have to say it myself ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
...or my Aesthetix Callisto Eclipse/Karan KA M2000 combo. If I have to say it myself ;)

Hey Hyperion...agree!! i supsect from what i've read...i bet its a familar voice to those who love CJ/Gryphon. Enjoy!

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Hey Hyperion...agree!! i supsect from what i've read...i bet its a familar voice to those who love CJ/Gryphon. Enjoy!

Maybe so. Would love to compare the Aesthetix to your CJ GAT partnered with Karan though, which seems to be a "proven" combo.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Hej Hyperion.

I hope you might take the time to review your big Karans and post it in the owner review section. There's very little press on the KA M 2000s. I would love to get your impressions of them.

Tak

Jack

Hyperion

Oct 3, 2011
Stockholm/Sweden
Hej Hyperion.

I hope you might take the time to review your big Karans and post it in the owner review section. There's very little press on the KA M 2000s. I would love to get your impressions of them.

Tak

Jack

I'd love to when I find the time. It's obvious that Milan Karan is a passionate designer to a much higher degree than a business man and/or marketer. Karan seems to have a very loyal following among music loving audiophiles tired of "hifi-sounding" solid state electronics. I would say that Karan is a serious alternative to tube amplification, especially if you need more power without the demands and hassle of tubes. Karan seems to work very well with Avalon and Magico, but I believe the newer generations of Sonus Fabers (Aida, Futura etc.) could be a great match as well.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Maybe so. Would love to compare the Aesthetix to your CJ GAT partnered with Karan though, which seems to be a "proven" combo.
Hej Hyperion.

Tak

Jack

Agree with Jack, Hyperion...when you get the time. I have heard about the benefits of limitless high quality wattage and have some appreciation in terms of limitless-type current with my Gryphon and efficient speakers. Still, would love to read about your impressions on big Karans.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Tesseract releases in July or August this year.

Price in Japan Y 40,850,000 /pr > $426,000.

That's quite a step up in price for Avalon. Any early word on how it sounds?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing