CH Precision L10 & M10 : My votes for the Best SS amps (for the past 5 yrs till 6-2021)

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Indeed it's an L1 and is the only CH Precision component in the chain.

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC
Indeed it's an L1 and is the only CH Precision component in the chain.
Yep. A list of the components in that room can now be found here:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

TAS 2021 Product of the Year Awards: Overall Product of the Year

" ... The 10 Series checks all the audiophile boxes—realistic timbres, expansive sense of space and depth, great speed, wide dynamic contrasts—but these electronics have an extra dose of musical magic that defies audiophile descriptors. "

https://www.theabsolutesound.com/ar...f-the-year-awards-overall-product-of-the-year

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
After DIY amp Classe Meridian Mark levinson krell Boulder i finally gave up on solid state .
I found the sound differences not worth the money .
I ll be hearing the latest on solid state ( hopefully) at the dutch show other wise the whole spectrum at munich incl CH .
I ve got $$ to spend but it needs to be an improvement not a side step

Ps i listen with my own ears , i don't really care what reviewers like or not like
I certainly can't nor won't try to tell you what you like. I do suggest however that if you are to listen to CH Precision that you try to listen to a M10/L10 set up with a great source whether that is analog or digital. I am receiving my L10 shortly to go with my M10 power amp and if the L10 does nearly what the M10 did in my room I am going top be a very happy person.
I don't believe this is a tube/SS thing and in fact if you actually listen to both in the same exact room and system you might find that your mind would change.
Audio shows, which we gladly do, to show our stuff and try to get some interest, in no way is the same thing as listening to a mature system in a well done room.
I personally have done direct comparisons with CH and ARC and VAC in clients homes that have mature well set up systems multiple times and they all purchased and traded in their old gear.

Phantom-Audio

Apr 23, 2017
Jakarta
www.phantom-audio.com
IMHO and as stated on the title of this thread, IMHO the L10 and M10 are the best newly launched SS amps for the past 5 years, till June 2021.
(I can't predict the future :D )

What really impressed me are their Naturalness & Realness.
They have more of everything than CH's previous amps and possibly ss amps of every other brands …. beauty, timbre, density, details/resolution, macro-dynamics and micro-dynamics, ambience and acoustic information ... etc.
The list goes on & on.

They are extremely immersive & involving.
I soon forgot my initial aim of evaluating them but simply enjoyed the music during all 3 visits.

They are quite like my MSB Select combo in characters. :cool:

Between L10 and M10, the former must be the invincible brother.
I guess there isn't any poweramp which is unsuitable to pair with L10.

For the M10, the speakers used and the listening room size are the two confounding factors.
I think one stereo M10 betters a pair of M1.1 monos easily.
If the room is large and the speaker very power-hungry, bi-amping (such as by a pair of A1.5 + a pair of M1.1) will have advantage over a stereo M10.

Of course CH Precision offers an upgrade path of Mono L10 and Mono M10.
But the price will then be astronomical! haha
o_O
Have you compared them to the Aries Cerat new TriodeFET Amplifiers? whilst they are not SS entirely would love to hear how they compare.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Have you compared them to the Aries Cerat new TriodeFET Amplifiers? whilst they are not SS entirely would love to hear how they compare.
There wasn't any Aries Cerat dealer in Hong Kong until about 1 year ago.

I visited a friend who bought a Incito S preamp in May 2022.

I believe that it's the only Aries Cerat product in Hong Kong at that time.
Not sure whether there are more AC owners in HK currently.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
L10 & M10 won the TAS 2022 Golden Ears Award :

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing