Entreq Tellus grounding

Just a small addition.
I have been using Entreq for a few months now, and have refined it for my budget.
I have a Cleanus, two Silver Tellius, one Apollo spade to spade (Cleanus to Tellius)four Apollo spade to spade chassis cables, on one Tellius, and four Apollo RCA to spade cables, doing signal ground.
Most other things I tried, did make improvements, but not enough to justify the expense, IMO.
I have to throw in here, that one of the biggest upgrades, was putting Stillpoint Ultra SS, under my speakers!
As Stillpoint are the importers of Entreq, I hope I am not spoiling the thread.

Had the same benefit with Ultra SSs under my Carmels - really effective

Thank you all for your thoughtful advice.
Enjoy

Pardon my forgetfulness but there is another possible option if you just want to ground the preamp.
In my earlier post about two weeks ago and following a visit to one of our audio shows I reported the arrival of a new ground box namely the Olympos which is a dedicated box for preamps only with one Atlantis connection. Its about half the size of a Silver Tellus but I am not sure what its current availability or price are. But if you wanted to stick with one box purely for your preamp that would be the one to explore.

Just a small addition.
I have been using Entreq for a few months now, and have refined it for my budget.
I have a Cleanus, two Silver Tellius, one Apollo spade to spade (Cleanus to Tellius)four Apollo spade to spade chassis cables, on one Tellius, and four Apollo RCA to spade cables, doing signal ground.
Most other things I tried, did make improvements, but not enough to justify the expense, IMO.
I have to throw in here, that one of the biggest upgrades, was putting Stillpoint Ultra SS, under my speakers!
As Stillpoint are the importers of Entreq, I hope I am not spoiling the thread.

Catcando, are you using signal and chassis grounding for the same components or different ones?

Pardon my forgetfulness but there is another possible option if you just want to ground the preamp.
In my earlier post about two weeks ago and following a visit to one of our audio shows I reported the arrival of a new ground box namely the Olympos which is a dedicated box for preamps only with one Atlantis connection. Its about half the size of a Silver Tellus but I am not sure what its current availability or price are. But if you wanted to stick with one box purely for your preamp that would be the one to explore.

Thank you Barry,
I'll be emailing Stillpoints right now to see if the Olympus is available in the US.

Entreq Olympos

The Olympos is Entreq's newest grounding box. Yes, it is intended for the preamp only and has one connection post. Entreq recommends its use with a Atlantis cable. Olympos retail is $2429. We currently have only one and it is our demo unit, but we intend to order some number for stock. Interested users can contact one our dealers or distributors. See our website for a list of US dealers:
http://stillpoints.us/usadealers.html

One last thought: we are learning from market demand which products will need to be stocked all the time. Please be patient as we ramp up stock.

John

The same components.

Did you first ground all four components through the signal plane using one Silver Tellus and later added a second Silver Tellus for chassis grounding? I assume that if you are using both you found chassis grounding to bring additional benefits: I am just curious as to how you progressed.

I used a Cleanus and Silver Tellius first, with amp, pre, and Dac, chassis earthed, and pre and Dac, signal earthed.
I then added a second Silver Tellius, more chassis and signal earths, and split them.
I have all chassis earths and the Cleanus, on one Silver Tellius, and all the signal earths, on the other Silver Tellius.

I used a Cleanus and Silver Tellius first, with amp, pre, and Dac, chassis earthed, and pre and Dac, signal earthed.
I then added a second Silver Tellius, more chassis and signal earths, and split them.
I have all chassis earths and the Cleanus, on one Silver Tellius, and all the signal earths, on the other Silver Tellius.

So did you ever try only signal grounding before turning to chassis grounding? Do you have a sense of how much chassis grounding is adding to your system compared to using only signal grounding?

So did you ever try only signal grounding before turning to chassis grounding? Do you have a sense of how much chassis grounding is adding to your system compared to using only signal grounding?

I actually started with only chassis earthing, as my trial was after the Troy, and that is how it works.
I felt like the chassis/power earthing was essential.
I didn't like the sound of signal only earthing.

I actually started with only chassis earthing, as my trial was after the Troy, and that is how it works.
I felt like the chassis/power earthing was essential.
I didn't like the sound of signal only earthing.

Sorry for one more question, but I am quite interested in this and I want to make sure I understand you correctly. So, after your experience with the Troy, you went directly for chassis grounding with the Entreq before adding signal grounding. But did you ever try signal grounding only with the Entreq? In other words, when you say "I felt like the chassis/power earthing was essential. I didn't like the sound of signal only earthing." is this based on comparison you made with the Entreq or on your experience with the Troy?

Sorry for one more question, but I am quite interested in this and I want to make sure I understand you correctly. So, after your experience with the Troy, you went directly for chassis grounding with the Entreq before adding signal grounding. But did you ever try signal grounding only with the Entreq? In other words, when you say "I felt like the chassis/power earthing was essential. I didn't like the sound of signal only earthing." is this based on comparison you made with the Entreq or on your experience with the Troy?

FWIW, i will volunteer that i have played with signal only, chassis only and mixing...as well as Tripoint and Entreq. I prefer the mix. I found signal only was good, and chassis added in terms of clarity...signal in terms of intesnity/density of the signal. So flutes/violins had greater signal power/density on solo music, less grunge associated with their delivery of clear, natural and powerful notes. Chassis allowed choral music to be more understandable (literally, i could understand more words that were being sung). Is it totally black and white like that...not exactly, but that would largely be my characterization. Both added clarity, both added signal density...but this 'characterization' is how i would label it for those trying to get their head around this.

FWIW, i will volunteer that i have played with signal only, chassis only and mixing...as well as Tripoint and Entreq. I prefer the mix. I found signal only was good, and chassis added in terms of clarity...signal in terms of intesnity/density of the signal. So flutes/violins had greater signal power/density on solo music, less grunge associated with their delivery of clear, natural and powerful notes. Chassis allowed choral music to be more understandable (literally, i could understand more words that were being sung). Is it totally black and white like that...not exactly, but that would largely be my characterization. Both added clarity, both added signal density...but this 'characterization' is how i would label it for those trying to get their head around this.

Thanks, Lloyd, but then I will address the same question to you: is your finding that chassis grounding has incremental benefits over only signal grounding based on your experience with the Entreq or the Troy? In other words, do you know if this is the case with the Entreq?

The primary application of Entreq, was always signal earthing first, and that is the way the distributor started with me.
I wanted to replicate the Troy, if possible, with Entreq.
My distributor was surprised that the power/chassis earthing, was as effective as it was.
In my system, and they are all different, I wanted the natural flow that came with the power earthing.
I thought the signal earthing brought speed, clarity, and focus.

The primary application of Entreq, was always signal earthing first, and that is the way the distributor started with me.
I wanted to replicate the Troy, if possible, with Entreq.
My distributor was surprised that the power/chassis earthing, was as effective as it was.
In my system, and they are all different, I wanted the natural flow that came with the power earthing.
I thought the signal earthing brought speed, clarity, and focus.

OK, thanks. It is clear now. So the Cleanus, which you also have, does not substitute for chassis grounding?

The Olympos is Entreq's newest grounding box. Yes, it is intended for the preamp only and has one connection post. Entreq recommends its use with a Atlantis cable. Olympos retail is $2429. We currently have only one and it is our demo unit, but we intend to order some number for stock. Interested users can contact one our dealers or distributors. See our website for a list of US dealers:
http://stillpoints.us/usadealers.html

One last thought: we are learning from market demand which products will need to be stocked all the time. Please be patient as we ramp up stock.

John

Thank you John,
Here is the question- since Olympos is almost the same price ($2,430), as Silver Tellus ($2,700), what is the advantage in using Olympos vs. Silver Tellus, and
having only one grounding post vs. 4?
Does Olympos provide better performance, used with preamplifier only, than Silver Tellus, that could justify "loosing' 3 ground posts and a capacity to connect more components?

After speaking to Spirt and Lloyd on another forum I awaited US distribution.Now that Entreq has reached US soil I'm going to take the plunge.
My system is all analog and I will need only need one connection.I'll be grounding my full function Tron Syren pre-amp.
The Syren has 4 inputs ,one is for the built in phono section and is occupied by my turntable.That leaves 3 open RCA inputs.
My question is if I connect the Silver Tellus or Silver Minimus to one of the open inputs on my Syren would it still have an effect on the phono section ?
Also being I will be grounding only one component would the Silver Minimus with one connecter be as effective as The Silver Tellus which has 3 or 4 connecters ??
Thanks for your help ,advice and all the informative posts.
Enjoy
Ed
Goldenrayguy,
It so happens, I have Tron Syren Ultimate preamp as well, and also trying to determine which exact Entreq components and cables to buy.
In addition to your questions, I would also like to know, if using two cables, conncting both RCA posts of one preamp input to Entreq would offer any gains, compared to one cable.
Some of the guys here did report such gains, using two cables, with a reservation that their's particular preamps are of the dual- mono design (dmnc02).
Since our Tron Syren is NOT a dual -mono design, I'm wondering about the second cable.

OK, thanks. It is clear now. So the Cleanus, which you also have, does not substitute for chassis grounding?

You can chassis earth, without the Cleanus.
As the Troy, plugs into the mains, I wanted to try that.
I use the Cleanus, which has to have an earthing box, like the Silver Tellius, and chassis earthing, which replicates the way the Troy works.

Goldenrayguy,
It so happens, I have Tron Syren Ultimate preamp as well, and also trying to determine which exact Entreq components and cables to buy.
In addition to your questions, I would also like to know, if using two cables, conncting both RCA posts of one preamp input to Entreq would offer any gains, compared to one cable.
Some of the guys here did report such gains, using two cables, with a reservation that their's particular preamps are of the dual- mono design (dmnc02).
Since our Tron Syren is NOT a dual -mono design, I'm wondering about the second cable.[/QUOTE
Hi Maril555
The only way to determine if 2 cables would have any benifit over one cable is to try it.You can return the second cable during the trial period if you find it isn't needed.
I Emailed Stillpoints re: the Olympus and was told that being it was new they didn't have any info on it yet.
After reading all the additional posts and options this is starting to give me a headache. I guess I'll have to contact a dealer and try to figure it out .
One thing is for sure with or without the signal or chassis ground the Syren is one hell of a fantastic pre and if the Entreq can improve on it I'll be one vary happy old school guy.

Goldenrayguy,
Since our Tron Syren is NOT a dual -mono design, I'm wondering about the second cable.

My amp is an integrated Vitus SIA 025 which is not dual mono nor are any of my sources and I use only one grounding cable on them. The UK Entreq distributor who is very familiar with my system has never suggested using more than one ground on them and I am sure he would have commented if there was any benefit in so doing. Separate earths for dual monos yes but otherwise unlikely to be of benefit, but by all means try it and see and let us know the results.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu