Entreq Tellus grounding

The thread is so quiet it seems everybody is listening music. For the Receivus I have to complete my impressions' before I recive them, Holger Stein sent me some quantum bases names "Q" bases askint me my impressions. There are 3 models of different sizes to put under the components.
As an old 52 years old kid I installled them before installing the Receivus. Receivus arrived 2 days later and so double mistake I let the Q bases in place and listenned the Receivus....
Yesterday Scott Berry take my DAC off for installing his first upgrade, so I'm an analog only listener for a few days.
Now I put the Qs off my system for re acclimating my ears with Entreq only. xhe. The DAC is back I can continue my tries for finding the best place for the Receivus in my system.
At first I put them on the amps with good effect but compromised conclusions because of the new Q element. First the amps run really hot even with some interface beteen amp's cocer and Receivus and I'm not confortable with that.
After that I put the Qs off and put the Receivus on the DAC and pre and after that becoming like crazy, in the same session put the DAC.s Receivused on the S. tellus. So much errors in so litle time for an old audiophile... Maybe the fill moon ?
I'd like my 2 Receivus be usefull for my full system and not on one source only, so this setting will stay like that for a few days. I have to take things in the right way with calm and method. Will let you know my conclusions

It's not as if there aren't plenty of tweaks that are are fraud and a fake.

The disassembly of the Synergistic Headphone Optimized Transducer turned out to be a three inch "extension cord."

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showt...lly a fair thread with this header? Best PO

Wouldn't it be better to post the above in the related thread ?

Yes Jazzhead you are right. I did it too but it was important for PO that everyone can read what he wanted to say about such bad things about him and it has been written on this thread also.

Well done Cuntigh and well done Steve for closing the other thread.
I have been trying a Receivus on my amplifier with an Apollo earth cable but it has coincided with other upgrades which has made it difficult to evaluate. I am currently awaiting an Atlantis earth cable to try with it before making a final decision but to date doesn't seem to be making much difference. I'll let you know after trying it with the Atlantis.
Replaced the Sillpoint Ultra SSs under my speakers yesterday with Ultra 5s and relocated the SSs to other parts of the system. Really big improvement! Immediately audible.Definition, transparency and bass all improved significantly. Not cheap but very effective and highly recommended!

Well done Cuntigh and well done Steve for closing the other thread.
I have been trying a Receivus on my amplifier with an Apollo earth cable but it has coincided with other upgrades which has made it difficult to evaluate. I am currently awaiting an Atlantis earth cable to try with it before making a final decision but to date doesn't seem to be making much difference. I'll let you know after trying it with the Atlantis.
Replaced the Sillpoint Ultra SSs under my speakers yesterday with Ultra 5s and relocated the SSs to other parts of the system. Really big improvement! Immediately audible.Definition, transparency and bass all improved significantly. Not cheap but very effective and highly recommended!

It really is wonderful when something such as Stillpoints placed under components can instantly be identified with a sonic improvement

It really is wonderful when something such as Stillpoints placed under components can instantly be identified with a sonic improvement

Yes definitely.
What is also so gratifying is when you are able validate other members' experiences with the same change/addition to your own system. Really demonstrates the value of this forum and all the work you and your colleagues put into it so thanks for all that.

Have played around a little w/putting Shun Mook Diamond Resonators under my Westwick balanced transformer and S. Tellus. A big impvt in terms of organic tone and texture. Had to remove them prior to the install of the S. Cleanus/Olympus Mini, but will reinstall them in due course. After Entreq, they are my new audio passion/obsession.
Btw, just made a decision to remove my Burmester 948 conditioner, and run all my components direct off the Westwick balanced transformer. Just shades using the Burmester, reintroducing a little more focus. I'm wondering if a side effect of the S. Cleanus/Olympus Mini is this contrast?
I'm v.much hoping this switch means that trying the Entreq Powerus Challenger 3V is also proved to be surplus to requirements. If this indeed proves to be the case, my power setup will conclude at Russ Andrews dedicated consumer unit > Oyaide radial main > Westwick 8kVA balanced power transformer > full Sablon Audio loom > S. Tellus w. 8 Apollos/S. Cleanus w. Apollo to Olympus Mini.

spirit

im curious how you find the powerus challenger 3v ? when are you auditioning this gear ?
Thanks for all your insights and experiences.

Slim, for the time being I'm sticking w/the S. Cleanus/Olympus Mini combination, which is really livening things up. An unexpected result is that I'm taking my Burmester 948 out, and just using my 10 outlet balanced transformer for mains power duties. Logic suggests that introducing a passive filter IN LINE like the Powerus may not be beneficial in the same way the 948 isn't now. I'll get 'round to checking out Powerus in a few wks. But I'll be more than happy sticking w/balanced transformer/S. Tellus and 8 Apollos/S. Cleanus and Apollo to Olympus Mini. More than enough for one lifetime!

great, that combo is working out spirit.... I'm looking forward to auditioning silver cleanus w/ my shunyata in a few weeks time. hope it works out well.
keep us informed of new developments in your rig.

Slim, everyone seems to go in different directions re Entreq. Quite a few get on w/Atlantis but not me in my system. I hear reports someone prefers Olympus Mini to S. Tellus to ground their preamp, but again that's not my experience. Some get more benefits grounding analog and digital to separate S. Tellus', but I find little difference here myself. Others get impvts grounding components and cables to separate S. Tellus'. I haven't tried this myself, but Barry2012 has to good effect. Lloyd LL21 has combined Troy ground box and Entreq ground leads to excellent effect. We need your experiences of combining Shunyata and Entreq to see if this is yet another avenue that will work, for you, and hence others.
And in my case the final frontier seems to be S. Cleanus to passively filter the balanced transformer, maxxed out by it's own grounding to an Olympus Mini. I will trial Powerus and a second S. Cleanus/S. Tellus, but for the reasons of expense and box count, I'm really hoping my current configuration to incl my trial S. Cleanus and Apollo to Olympus Mini, S. Tellus and 8 Apollos, represents the pinnacle in my rig.

Last edited:
Yes definitely.
What is also so gratifying is when you are able validate other members' experiences with the same change/addition to your own system. Really demonstrates the value of this forum and all the work you and your colleagues put into it so thanks for all that.

+1

hope to give my contribution by describing the tests I am doing.
I'm testing the following:
-1 Silver Minimus + Atlantis Minimus
-1 Silver Tellus
-1 Olympus Minimus

ground cables are:
-2 Eartha Silver
-2 Eartha Apollo

I use the groundig boxes for my Totaldac D1 Dual - Reclocker combo.

1st test, Silver Minimus + Atlantis Minimus connected to D1 Dual only, Eartha Silver cable:
less noise, more bass impact, sound seems lightly veiled, The soundstage is slightly deeper

2nd test, Silver Minimus + Atlantis Minimus connected to D1 Dual only, Eartha Apollo cable:
same as test 1 but with more open sound without the feeling of veiled sound.

3rd test, Silver Tellus connected to Reclocker and D1 Dual, Eartha Apollo cables:
great improvement of: bass impact, black ground, details and soundstage

4th test, Silver Tellus connected to D1 Dual and Reclocker to Silver Minimus + Atlantis Minimus, Eartha Apollo cables:
feeling of veiled sound. Image seems to be compressed

5th test, D1 Dual connected to Olympus Minimus and Silver Tellus to Reclocker, Eartha Apollo cables:
Great image, sense of naturalness, instruments are palpable, present, real. In this case I had to re-configure the speakers position.
With this latter configuration, the system gave me feelings which I never felt until now.
Paolo

Great feedback on your tests!!! Did you ever compare Olympus Minimus to the other Minimus boxes? Just curious if you felt it to be significantly better.

hope to give my contribution by describing the tests I am doing.
I'm testing the following:
-1 Silver Minimus + Atlantis Minimus
-1 Silver Tellus
-1 Olympus Minimus

ground cables are:
-2 Eartha Silver
-2 Eartha Apollo

I use the groundig boxes for my Totaldac D1 Dual - Reclocker combo.

1st test, Silver Minimus + Atlantis Minimus connected to D1 Dual only, Eartha Silver cable:
less noise, more bass impact, sound seems lightly veiled, The soundstage is slightly deeper

2nd test, Silver Minimus + Atlantis Minimus connected to D1 Dual only, Eartha Apollo cable:
same as test 1 but with more open sound without the feeling of veiled sound.

3rd test, Silver Tellus connected to Reclocker and D1 Dual, Eartha Apollo cables:
great improvement of: bass impact, black ground, details and soundstage

4th test, Silver Tellus connected to D1 Dual and Reclocker to Silver Minimus + Atlantis Minimus, Eartha Apollo cables:
feeling of veiled sound. Image seems to be compressed

5th test, D1 Dual connected to Olympus Minimus and Silver Tellus to Reclocker, Eartha Apollo cables:
Great image, sense of naturalness, instruments are palpable, present, real. In this case I had to re-configure the speakers position.
With this latter configuration, the system gave me feelings which I never felt until now.
Paolo

Thanks for that.
The great strength of the Entreq products in the right combination as you found is the resultant naturalness of the sound.
They also work incredibly well with Stillpoints and the recent addition of three Ultra 5s under my amp and under each of the speakers has been an eye opener- or perhaps I should say ear opener!

Interestingly in that configurationI had to open the pot a bit more as I did when I first tried the S. Tellus in my system. I found more silence and more finesse on notes. A touch more refinement with the 2 Receivus on the S. T.
I still have to validate this by more trial back and forth on other equiments and finally by removing Receivus.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu