Furutech NCF is impressive!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I've just installed a couple of NCF Boosters, one more to go early Jan. My Bocchino IECs put too much stress on my amp sockets, these have proved to be the ideal solution.

JoeyGun

Feb 12, 2020
If I were to get one of these NCF Boosters, where should I have them used at the wall where my Audioquest Thunder power cable's plugged in, at the other end of the Thunder cable connected to my PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3 regenerator, the male side or female side of the Morrow Audio MAP3 power cable connected to my Cayin HA-300 SET 300b tube amp?

Or is it better to use them at the source plug? I have a Chord HUGO TT2 with stock power cable.

What about when I get a second one?

Last edited:

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
I have the Jeff Rowland Model 625 ( not S2 like you).
I have notice more bass with Isotek Synchro.
I have Furutech Flux 50 NCF with Jeff Rowland Corus, Esoteric K-03XS, Grimm CC1, Accuphase C47, and before Flux 50 NCF, I have Isotek Nova GII.
I have pass an order for 3 NCF Booster and 6 others NCF Booster Signal.
I hope have them in the end of the January month.
I hope I notice big improvement.
Now, I have them one week ago.
3 per speaker cable, 1 for the preamplifier, 1 for the amplifier and 1 for the home theater preamplifier.

first test :
1 per speaker cable : sound was improved, more accuracy...

second test :
2 per speaker cable : second NCF Booster signal is in the middle of the speaker cable
No change ????
So second NCF Booster signal is just under loudspeaker connectors : sound was improved too..a little more 3D

third test :
1 NCF Booster on the preamplifier : big improvement, sound are clearer and warmer, a little more bass
2 NCF Booster signal per speaker cable

4th test :
1 NCF Booster on the preamplifier
2 NCF Booster signal per speaker cable

+ 1 NCF Booster on the amplifier : vocals are better in place, I can say that with Gospel CD...
The backing vocals are well behind the lead singer and the lead singer is well in the center of the two speakers, which was not the case before.

+ 2 NCF Booster signal per speaker cable just under the amplifie connector

5th test :
3 per speaker cable, 1 for the preamplifier, 1 for the amplifier and 1 for the home theater preamplifier.

For the Hifi, differences are present, we can listen some improvements in all domain, voices seem more naturel, but the big big difference is with the home theater.
On the 4K Bohemian Rhapsody, at the final of the movie, clearly, my friend and me are very surprised. It's not a litte improvement, but a big improvement ! Queen is in the room, voice are very very naturel.

Feels like at the concert, a feeling that I hadn't had before.

Do you believe I am crazy ?
Test them...You don't believe you will listen with this little accessories...

Hope this help !

Reactions: Piotr_905

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018

Rocoa

Oct 17, 2018
Spain
Yes, without a doubt.
Right now I have 14 NCF Booster Singal and 8 NCF Booster located in the IEC and schuko plugs.
BTW, I have a Rowland Corus and 625 S2 just like you, in addition to the Aeris and PSU feeded both DAC and Corus.

I'm using them as cable elevators too, along with Shunyata Dark Field Elevator V2 and the last version, the Shunyata Research DF-SS. With the addition of four Synergistic UEF I've achieved very interesting effects. It is clear that the small red resonators they mount have a very positive effect on the sound of my system.

With this combination on the speaker cables I got my sweet spot.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    658.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 2.png
    2.png
    978.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.png
    3.png
    533.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.png
    4.png
    450.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 5.png
    5.png
    584.4 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: hongkongfoufou

hongkongfoufou

Mar 3, 2018
Yes, without a doubt.
Right now I have 14 NCF Booster Singal and 8 NCF Booster located in the IEC and schuko plugs.
BTW, I have a Rowland Corus and 625 S2 just like you, in addition to the Aeris and PSU feeded both DAC and Corus.

I'm using them as cable elevators too, along with Shunyata Dark Field Elevator V2 and the last version, the Shunyata Research DF-SS. With the addition of four Synergistic UEF I've achieved very interesting effects. It is clear that the small red resonators they mount have a very positive effect on the sound of my system.

With this combination on the speaker cables I got my sweet spot.
Thanks.
I have Jeff Rowland Model 625 S1, not S2.
Power cable are just DIY.
But you must try Furutech Flux 50 NCF...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing