Amado

They are not there anymore
Was only to not have them in the floor
And the ODIN PC was making too much weight on the NORDOST Power distributor

:)

Mobiusman

May 24, 2010
Jersey Shore- waterside
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful responses to my post. I am not surprised by the responses given my brief positive experience with Stillpoints. I am having flashbacks of my early days with Shunyata that led to purchases that essentially comprise half of my total system cost, but also improvements beyond my wildest thoughts.

Time for my second Stillpoint purchase for my other components.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Thank you everyone for your thoughtful responses to my post. I am not surprised by the responses given my brief positive experience with Stillpoints. I am having flashbacks of my early days with Shunyata that led to purchases that essentially comprise half of my total system cost, but also improvements beyond my wildest thoughts.

Time for my second Stillpoint purchase for my other components.

Look forward to reading about the second wave...;) Good luck and enjoy.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA

Are all of those Stillpoints being used as an attempt to dampen internal vibration from those devices? Do they drain energy, or isolate the component, or both? I mean, why is all of that necessary for a power strip? And what is the plexi shelf on its own Stillpoints doing that the Ultra 5s directly under the units are not?

I guess I'm just skeptical about why that is all necessary to improve what looks like an expensive power supply and Nordost power strip.

Amado, could you describe how the sound improved with all of this?

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I started to go through this thread and remembered I had some stainless cone points that I purchased about 30 years ago. They look like big Hershey kisses. I found them and put 4 of them underneath my DAC. Sure enough it seems like the focus improved. Not a bad tweak at all.

Last edited:

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I think Steve McCormack (who is a member here) first marketed these from his "shop" in North San Diego county.

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Stillpoints on Carpet; Spikes

FYI -

Both Ultra SS and Ultra 5s can now be used with spikes that we are providing for each product.

The beveled half of the Ultra 5 now has a 1/2-20 tap in which a special bullet spike can be attached. The spike pierces carpet/pad and settles on the hard surface below providing increased stability and performance.

Just this week we received our first shipment of bullet spikes designed to attach to either 1/4-20 tap on the bottom or pad of the Ultra SS for the same purpose. We have yet to ship any of these spikes as we sort out final marketing/packaging issues, but we have the product and are taking orders.

John

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Is it better to level speakers by unscrewing the whole unit further (via the threaded adaptor) or unscrewing the "hat" further, or does it matter?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
FYI -

Both Ultra SS and Ultra 5s can now be used with spikes that we are providing for each product.

The beveled half of the Ultra 5 now has a 1/2-20 tap in which a special bullet spike can be attached. The spike pierces carpet/pad and settles on the hard surface below providing increased stability and performance.

Just this week we received our first shipment of bullet spikes designed to attach to either 1/4-20 tap on the bottom or pad of the Ultra SS for the same purpose. We have yet to ship any of these spikes as we sort out final marketing/packaging issues, but we have the product and are taking orders.

John

Speaking for myself, I would be most interested on your thoughts with regard to the entreq products you are now distributing...once you have implemented them into your systems...thanks in advance

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Leveling Components when using Stillpoints

We always tell users that you need, at a minimum, 3 threads of the male adapter into the threaded insert to assure the integrity of that connection. After that, it doesn't matter whether you are adjusting at the Hard Hat or at the adapter as long as you maintain the three thread integrity. I have at home, many times, ended up using both to achieve the extent of adjustment needed to level some components.

John

Is it better to level speakers by unscrewing the whole unit further (via the threaded adaptor) or unscrewing the "hat" further, or does it matter?

Reactions: johndoe21ro

allvinyl

Apr 10, 2013
Burnsville, MN
Entreq

Though we've been fiddling with the Entreq grounding boxes for a couple of years, it's been several months since I've had any of it in my system. Additionally, in that interim I have installed a Shunyata Hydra A/V, Typhon, and attendant PCs. When we receive our shipment from Sweden, Paul wants me to take some of it home and reassess it in the system. I think it's only fair that I re-do that again before I comment as it has been months since I've used it and I've also made several changes to the system.

John

Speaking for myself, I would be most interested on your thoughts with regard to the entreq products you are now distributing...once you have implemented them into your systems...thanks in advance

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing