Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
There is always something more, something better, something…(fill as per your wish)…never ending story :)
More later…

212875E5-3FA2-4848-9121-D59910515E09.jpeg A8FFFEAD-5B1F-4984-B935-9F8DD727CF6F.jpeg 4D4FEBD8-C68A-443C-9317-B8902980697A.jpeg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: fbs, heihei and rau

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Please let me add some more questions regarding the Horizon Outputs:

- Does the SUB XLR-out require the whole tube complement to be inserted like the normal XLR-out?

- Can the SUB XLR-out also be combined with the SE-out?

- Can all outputs (Balanced XLR, SE RCA and the Sub XLR) be used simultaneously or are there restrictions on what can be used at the same time?

Thanks in advance
@Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus
Can you please have a look at those questions above?
TIA

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
Thank you for your answer, Lukasz.
That makes absolute sense and is also, what I expected.

Please let me add some more questions regarding the Horizon Outputs:

- Does the SUB XLR-out require the whole tube complement to be inserted like the normal XLR-out?
YES

- Can the SUB XLR-out also be combined with the SE-ouT
YES

- Can all outputs (Balanced XLR, SE RCA and the Sub XLR) be used simultaneously or are there restrictions on what can be used at the same time?
NO RESTRICTIONS

Thanks in advance

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Ink to the Absolute Point, please?

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

YES
That is what I suspected.
Pity, but logical.

Thank you very much for the answers :cool:

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Ink to the Absolute Point, please?
No link at the moment ;) .
These are final preproduction samples for evaluation and will appear in the market (not sure if only Korea for the start or globally) somewhere in 2023.

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
No link at the moment ;) .
These are final preproduction samples for evaluation and will appear in the market (not sure if only Korea for the start or globally) somewhere in 2023.
Please keep me updated would love to try a set .

• Love
Reactions: Golum

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Good news, we doubled the personnel workin on the horizon so output per week should grow to 4 or 5
That's great news! So, when are you getting your home Horizon, then? Should be pretty soon....

Reactions: christoph

Steve Rowan

Feb 12, 2012
St. Peters, MO
Reactions: christoph

Steve Rowan

Feb 12, 2012
St. Peters, MO
My Horizon is arriving … one of these days!
I’m looking at the best way to connect it. Most interested in USB. I’d think about BNC, Coaxial etc. What are Horizon owners using? Tchernov? Snake River Boomslang?
Not wanting a debate about which digital type of cable is best. Just what’s being used? You can PM me instead of adding to forum.

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
I am also interested in people using USB versus SPDIF? What is the verdict H owners?

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I am using USB but have not tried anything elose due to my streamer

Reactions: ctydwn

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I am also interested in people using USB versus SPDIF? What is the verdict H owners?
It was my impression that Emile always preferred USB for the Extreme to DAC connection. Perhaps I am mistaken. Have a look at the poll at the top of his Extreme thread

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
My Horizon is arriving … one of these days!
I’m looking at the best way to connect it. Most interested in USB. I’d think about BNC, Coaxial etc. What are Horizon owners using? Tchernov? Snake River Boomslang?
Not wanting a debate about which digital type of cable is best. Just what’s being used? You can PM me instead of adding to forum.
Using USB with the server, spdif with the CDP and RJ45 with the CDT....what's better? Huh...

Reactions: Steve Williams

plasmod3

Aug 28, 2020
Spdif outperforms usb. But only if your streamer cam support a dog over spdif else you can't play your dsd files. Not many gear does this. The aurender n30sa does though

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Spdif outperforms usb. But only if your streamer cam support a dog over spdif else you can't play your dsd files. Not many gear does this. The aurender n30sa does though
LDMS does it as well ;)

Reactions: MJG and plasmod3

jbrrp1

Aug 3, 2020
Reactions: Willgolf

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing