Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Still waiting.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I get excited too as the date gets closer, but then i click the Pacific on and forget all about upgrades. Music is why we are here after all. The new album cycle Tedeschi Trucks are doing around old Persian poems, for example, made me forget all about the fact that a Horizon is on the way. Highly recommended cure for “upgraditis” :)

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
I get excited too as the date gets closer, but then i click the Pacific on and forget all about upgrades. Music is why we are here after all. The new album cycle Tedeschi Trucks are doing around old Persian poems, for example, made me forget all about the fact that a Horizon is on the way. Highly recommended cure for “upgraditis” :)
Agree,
I’m enjoying my GG2 while I wait on my Horizon. I’m rolling tubes and enjoying the sound.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Master Yoda always speaks with great emotion. You can feel his pride and joy when he discusses the Horizon and the satisfaction he gets hearing what he designed. A more modest man does not exist.
Lukasz is a great guy and I really like him …. But modest when he is claiming that the Horizon is the best dac in the world?

Last edited:
Reactions: nirodha

sugama

Dec 30, 2017
Seattle area
I am thrilled to bring home the Horizon DAC today after the Pacific Audio Show. Thanks Fred and Lukasz!

Quick impressions after install, compared to Pacific DAC: More tonal density, smoother flow, voices sound more human with better articulation. Lower noise floor. Overall feels like a major system upgrade :) Looking forward to completing the burn-in!

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Lukasz is a great guy and I really like him …. But modest when he is claiming that the Horizon is the best dac in the world?
Inflation;) even in the word department. But, hope to hear the Horizon (or Pacific for that matter) in a show myself.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I am thrilled to bring home the Horizon DAC today after the Pacific Audio Show. Thanks Fred and Lukasz!

Quick impressions after install, compared to Pacific DAC: More tonal density, smoother flow, voices sound more human with better articulation. Lower noise floor. Overall feels like a major system upgrade :) Looking forward to completing the burn-in!
Congrats :cool:

Reactions: sugama

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020

I was so happy to see you in Seattle. It is great to know that Hotizon is in good hands.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021

Tell us more as it unfolds…. I like this description!

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
I just got my custom HRS platform for my Horizon.

98FA5D69-D7AF-42C3-9CA6-9F862F21E8AD.jpeg

I had to include one with Jerry on his birthday.

FBB512A5-7A42-4253-A67E-A7EAE5002F0B.jpeg

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Yes. Happy Day… No matter how down I get, I think about the billions of years since the earth was born and the millennia of human history and feel grateful that I was so often in a room with that man.

Do you have a link to that platform? Also, what are the quad of tubes you have there?

Reactions: Digital Buddha

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Yes. Happy Day… No matter how down I get, I think about the billions of years since the earth was born and the millennia of human history and feel grateful that I was so often in a room with that man.

Do you have a link to that platform? Also, what are the quad of tubes you have there?

The platform was made to the specifications of the Horizon. Custom size since the standard 19x21 platform isn’t deep enough.

The quad tubes are Tesla EL51s.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing