Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

If you hum and it varies at times. It's dc offset on the mains . For the low power of DACs or preamps it's very unlikely to do any harm. Do you need to put your head up to units lol.

Steve, nice pictures. I wish you could tag people so we can put faces to names.

Reactions: Rgt911
The MELZ Russian Metal Plate with no holes was also found to be a magnific

We payed that a lot and it seems to be every bit as good as the 6900ent tube and doesn't need adapters

Steve, any comments comparing the Pacific to the Horizon? Characteristics of the difference in sound?

We also used the Tungsol KT170set that I had and they were totally lackluster. Granted they were new tubes and never used and has to be factored in but at the end of the day I continued to prefer the KR KT88

Day 1 is in the books

Tomorrow we have countless tubes to roll in including Red Lion Special Edition Genalex KT77, 274B EML etc

Total of 18 guests today kept the demo going all afternoon

Steve, any comments comparing the Pacific to the Horizon? Characteristics of the difference in sound?
We a/b'd the 2 and the Pacific as great as it was lacked the depth, tonality and fullness of the Horizon

We also went direct DAC to amp. In the morning when Lukasz Fred and I listened. all 3 of us preferred the preamp as part of the system. We also went direct to amp at the end of the day and it was so close that I honestly don't know if I could pick out either correctly

Can this tube be used in the Pacific?

That tubes is an ECC81 (12AT7). I don’t think it could be used in the Pacific but I don’t know for sure.

I think so but I will ask Lukasz. The Brimar 6060 with the yellow T and the Melz were my second favorites
I just checked with Lukasz and it cannot be used with the Pacific

Reactions: christoph
I just got back to the hotel from Steve's house. First and foremost, many thanks to Steve and Cathy for putting on a first-class event at their house. It was very well organized and everyone had plenty of opportunities to listen to whatever they wanted to listen to. Second, Steve's system is literally over the top. I can only dream of owning a system like his. Third, thank you Lukasz for creating an extraordinary piece of machinery. My analysis of the Horizon will have to wait until we get back to Arizona as I am taking my bride out for Valentine's Day dinner. Lastly, it was great to meet many fellow WBF members; although I did not get their WBF handle so I am not sure who they are on this site. Thanks Steve!

That tubes is an ECC81 (12AT7). I don’t think it could be used in the Pacific but I don’t know for sure.
It can't be used:

For the first (5687 pinout adapter to 6n6p), U can use ECC182 (US version is 7119) and 6900. For type 2 pinout (6922 adapter to 6n6p), you can use 12BH7 (best is EH Gold). For type 3 pinout (stock base: ecc81 NO adapter needed) use the Soviets, ie 6N6P or 6N30."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing