Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

takacs75, very nice system you have there! Please let us know how you feel about the Horizon vis a vis the Camira.
It is hard to say. It won’t be a far comparison. I use the Horizon with Taiko Extreme, and the Camira couldn’t benefit from Taiko usb drive. The other thing that I received a new speaker, IC and power cable almost the same time with the Horizon. Plus I use Center stage footers, and use the Horizon direct to amp. I had to sell my preamp to buy the dac. I only can say that all with this changes I enjoy more and more the music. Everything is more real, more analog sounding. I know that everybody wants to know how the Horizon does his job, but it will takes a week or 2 till everything settles here

....... but it will takes a week or 2 till everything settles here
You have excellent sounding youtubes, please post one then with the Horizon and your new speakers.......

Matt

You have excellent sounding youtubes, please post one then with the Horizon and your new speakers.......

Matt

Matt

Matt
I will. Just give me a couple of days. I have new speaker cables, not speakers btw

It is hard to say. It won’t be a far comparison. I use the Horizon with Taiko Extreme, and the Camira couldn’t benefit from Taiko usb drive. The other thing that I received a new speaker, IC and power cable almost the same time with the Horizon. Plus I use Center stage footers, and use the Horizon direct to amp. I had to sell my preamp to buy the dac. I only can say that all with this changes I enjoy more and more the music. Everything is more real, more analog sounding. I know that everybody wants to know how the Horizon does his job, but it will takes a week or 2 till everything settles here
I was hoping to sell my preamp to but it clearly sounds better with my preamp

I was hoping to sell my preamp to but it clearly sounds better with my preamp
Are you using the 10k input or the 100k input on your Constellation?

RK KR 5U4G, Gold Lion KT77, Psvane 6SN7 classic series
My stock tubes:

RK KR 5U4G Recti, Gold Lion KT77 Pentode, Shu Guang WE6SN7 Triode

I also have collected a few Triodes as they appear to be the primary key to unlocking different sound. My plan is to IMG_6336.jpgIMG_6337.jpgIMG_6338.jpgtry one Triode set for 2 weeks at a time with the stock provided Recti and Power tubes.

For triodes I have, in addition to the Shu Guang:

2 pair Meltz 6N8S OTK, Treasure Globe 6SN7SE, VT-99 Tung Sol , and (ordered) 2 pair CSF 5687WA

Tung Sol VT99

Tung Sol 6SN7GT

Mullard CV181

CSF 5687WA

Mullard CV181

2 Pair Meltz 5 hole and 2 hole

RK KT-88

SHU GUANG SH-KT88-Z

Tung Sol KT-170

Siemens F2a

RK 5U4G

Attachments

• DDD34332-93A4-4E3F-B44D-005D6769FDE4.jpeg
    DDD34332-93A4-4E3F-B44D-005D6769FDE4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My stock tubes:

I also have collected a few Triodes as they appear to be the primary key to unlocking different sound. My plan is to View attachment 90522View attachment 90523View attachment 90524try one Triode set for 2 weeks at a time with the stock provided Recti and Power tubes.

2 pair Meltz 6N8S OTK, Treasure Globe 6SN7SE, VT-99 Tung Sol , and (ordered) 2 pair CSF 5687WA
Please, where did you find the CSF 5687WA?

Cosonom. (Excuse my misspelling).

Reactions: takacs75
My stock tubes:

I also have collected a few Triodes as they appear to be the primary key to unlocking different sound. My plan is to View attachment 90522View attachment 90523View attachment 90524try one Triode set for 2 weeks at a time with the stock provided Recti and Power tubes.

Those red base Treasure globe triodes were stunning killers in the Baltic 3. Lemme know how they do here, please.

My stock tubes:

Hey goran look has nice woo adaptors lol.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing