Lampizator DSD DAC

Wow that is many tubes. So many to know what is best in sound. The preamp you have is very good.
I would not have gone hat route but as I am old I remember when I did. Heat in the winter for sure. Tubes somewhere always makes music over sound. Ok but I would think you would need fast tubes in your dac as it seems you have enough tube sounds

Hi Al, current GG is PX4 and KR 274B, I suppose they're fast enough. LOL..perhaps I should try the Tak 274B. Maybe..just maybe, I can get what I have been missing. :)

How did the lampi globe 45 mesh sound with that recti that should be a killer combo for you. It was great on my head dac

how does eml 45 mesh compares against eml 45 globe tubes in the Golden gate?

how does eml 45 mesh compares against eml 45 globe tubes in the Golden gate?

Careful. There is the regular EML mesh 45 and the Lampi Mesh 45 Anniversary globe from EML that is the Mesh vversion of the limited edition Solid plate 45 Globe.

The anniv globes are better than the regular mesh 45 which are better than the regular EML 45 sp tubes.

A friend told me that GG is wired for two different systems. The 101D / PX4 is a kinda solid state sound while the 300B is for tube sound. I am not sure. I am currently using PX4 and KR 274B. Once they've fully run in, I will see if I need to tweak something. I need more air..wet vocals. :)

They are wired for 2 different total wattage settings. Within those settings they auto-adjust for Volts and amps up to the max allowed wattage for that setting. 4.5w and 6.5w.

Does deploying 300b give a more airy presentation over a 45 tube?

Reactions: L3RD
My answer is no your going in the opposite direction. But this is my view.
If you want more air
Try the new lampi 45 mesh globe. It's the most details I have heard to date. A virtual tie with the Kron px25 in my head dac but the Kron tube is blacker background.

Yes and didn't like it

Interesting. It's supposed to be like the west nos version and according to a friend who has that and the tak tube they are very close
Now I have a tak coming to hear its sound. Have you tried the tak 274B ? Sorry if you have posted this answer

I spoke to a friend I trust he has both the tak and psvane. He feels the tak is much better. So I am glad. I am going to email them now to push the date of shipping

I spoke to a friend I trust he has both the tak and psvane. He feels the tak is much better. So I am glad. I am going to email them now to push the date of shipping

Where did you pick up your Tak 274B? I ordered one from PriceJapan and they never delivered it (6 weeks now), nor did they respond to repeated e-mails asking for a status of shipment. I Opened a PayPal dispute and they haven't responded in over a week. Really disappointed!!

Same place. He got his there. He said it's about two months

Their automated reply immediately after purchase said 10 days to 2 weeks. Never received another e-mail after the auto reply and no one replied to repeated emails starting at 3 weeks through 5 weeks. A simple email reply stating the "revised" expected ship date would have gone a long way toward lowering my concerns and buying some patience.

Do people really just spend $970 for a tube and patiently wait for 2 months without any contact from the seller when the estimated ship date is 2 weeks? That seems awfully trusting of a faceless, mute foreign internet supplier.

Where did you pick up your Tak 274B? I ordered one from PriceJapan and they never delivered it (6 weeks now), nor did they respond to repeated e-mails asking for a status of shipment. I Opened a PayPal dispute and they haven't responded in over a week. Really disappointed!!

Me, too. I placed the order and is about to make paypal transfer. Before making payment, I emailed them and ask for their confirmation on certain instruction, they haven't responded yet. Not sure what kind of Japanese staffs they're employing there for what I know, Japanese work very fast, efficient, and professional.

Their automated reply immediately after purchase said 10 days to 2 weeks. Never received another e-mail after the auto reply and no one replied to repeated emails starting at 3 weeks through 5 weeks. A simple email reply stating the "revised" expected ship date would have gone a long way toward lowering my concerns and buying some patience.

Do people really just spend $970 for a tube and patiently wait for 2 months without any contact from the seller when the estimated ship date is 2 weeks? That seems awfully trusting of a faceless, mute foreign internet supplier.

I have a friend working in Tokyo now. Let me find out if he can help me to purchase it locally and ship to me. :)

My Takatsuki arrived about 4 weeks after I placed the order on PriceJapan. I guess PriceJapan is a one guy company. About 15 days after the order he wrote me he had a car accident and this tube was in short supply, so the delay. But about two later the tube arrived.

Here is a link to the factory, maybe you have a better luck from them, or find a faster distributor:

http://www.takatsuki-denki.co.jp/en/products/ta-274b.html

With my KR PX4 I had to wait a long time, finally I got them from a Belgian distributor, but about 3 months waiting time.

The same with the KR 242. Finally Eunice Kron was so kind and made the miracle :)

Please remember that we live in an the audiophilia world where the hand mades tubes growth at a very low rate , and ourselves pushed demand above supply.

Good luck,

Roch

My Takatsuki arrived about 4 weeks after I placed the order on PriceJapan. I guess PriceJapan is a one guy company. About 15 days after the order he wrote me he had a car accident and this tube was in short supply, so the delay. But about two later the tube arrived.

Here is a link to the factory, maybe you have a better luck from them, or find a faster distributor:

http://www.takatsuki-denki.co.jp/en/products/ta-274b.html

With my KR PX4 I had to wait a long time, finally I got them from a Belgian distributor, but about 3 months waiting time.

The same with the KR 242. Finally Eunice Kron was so kind and made the miracle :)

Please remember that we live in an the audiophilia world where the hand mades tubes growth at a very low rate , and ourselves pushed demand above supply.

Good luck,

Roch
Hi Roch,
I just installed KR PX 4 in my Big 7 SE with Duelunds.
I had also KR 242 for a while but decided to switch them for PX4 because of to strong amplification of the first and to much gain.
In a certain way KR 242 were unique- transparency and dynamics were at highest possible levels.
The recti is Kr 5u4g.
Could you pls comment?
Rgds
Mariusz

Last edited:
Hi Roch,
I just installed KR PX 4 in my Big 7 SE with Duelunds.
I had also KR 242 for a while but decided to switch them for PX4 because of to strong amplification of the first and to much gain.
In a certain way KR 242 were unique- transparency and dynamics were at highest possible levels.
The recti is Kr 5u4g.
Could you pls comment?
Rgds
Mariusz

Hi Mariusz,

Ii's hard to recommend tubes on a different system and maybe taste.

I like better 101D Replica (not the plain 101D) than the PX4, but the KR242 over 101D Replica by a large margin.

Regarding rectifier tubes I listened to the KR 5u4g rectifier and found it a little harshly on a B7 SE on a friend system very similar to mine. This friend has the EL 45 Lampi Anniversary Edition, that is BTW a great double triode power tube, but not available now. I love Takatsuki 274B or Philips Miniwatt GZ34 metal base NOS 1957 as rectifier.

Regards,

Roch

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing