Magico M9

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
for all those that think being in the audio business is no work and just listening to music!!!
Yes makes construction and working on a landscape look like a walk in the park, almost effortless and easy :eek:

Last edited:

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Yes makes construction and working on a landscape look like a walk in the park, almost effortless and easy :eek:
I didn't say that but I can tell you that delivering a large pair of Gobels, CH Mono or stereo amps, a Wadax stack and everything that goes with it on a second floor of a house is loads of fun LOL. The same for doing this at Axpona/RMAF/CAPFEST etc and then undoing it all three days later. I don't need shovel but its still WORK

Reactions: the sound of Tao

the sound of Tao

Jul 18, 2014
I didn't say that but I can tell you that delivering a large pair of Gobels, CH Mono or stereo amps, a Wadax stack and everything that goes with it on a second floor of a house is loads of fun LOL. The same for doing this at Axpona/RMAF/CAPFEST etc and then undoing it all three days later. I don't need shovel but its still WORK
I’d imagine the logistics on installs with setups involving speakers like the M9s would be epic for sure (especially with apartment living) and at least there’s the anticipation and the thrill of putting on the first tune after to drive things along. A mate ended up with his arm in a sling after the install of his Animas into a new room.

You can see Bob stays in shape and it’s cool in a hobby where many of us should be just kicking back with a coffee and listening to good music that we still throw ourselves into the big gear quests and the hard yards chasing epic shots at nirvana.

Reactions: howiebrou

Hi-FiGuy

Member Sponsor
Feb 23, 2015
Yeah this is all fine and dandy, but I just want to give a shout out to the 488 Challenge car, a whole lot more fun than sitting in front of I don't care what speakers you can come up with! That will get your blood pumping!

Back to your regular scheduled programming.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Sneak peek from our current Dallas/FW RLR room, where we will be demoing the M9s in a few weeks from now.

Image-70.jpeg Image-68.jpeg Image-67.jpeg Image-66.jpeg

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Acoustic measurements being taken at the new Magico showroom.

278580082_4934527096594373_7991239542283789240_n.jpg

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Acoustic measurements being taken at the new Magico showroom.

View attachment 91572
That’s just f’n crazy… but what I’d expect from Alon. I wonder how the Kleppel measurements of a speaker would differ if taken in the “listening” room.

• Haha
Reactions: Rhapsody

Ultrafast69

VIP/Donor
Aug 27, 2018
Seattle, WA
www.audio-ultra.com
Hard to get more precise than this!

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Never seen a similar microphone before. What's this?

Without a system in the room, there are no sounds to measure unless it somehow creates sound or there is a source of sound to be measured which we do not see in the photograph.

If that device is both the source of the sound and measures the sound, it reminds me of when ddk came to my house and walked around the listening room speaking to himself, listening to his voice and the room’s response, and thus determining what the best listening seat location is.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
It surprises me you guys dont seem familiar with the golf ball mic. Some dealer over here in Thailand gives this kind of in room measurement for customers. Bob you should do this for your customers so they feel the kind of professional service they are receiving from you. Value added stuff. Set you apart from other dealers and ultimately customers get more value. Your customers are multi millionares. You know how they are. :)

I had this golf ball mic in my room a few times. In the end it is all my ears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rhapsody

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Without a system in the room, there are no sounds to measure unless it somehow creates sound or there is a source of sound to be measured which we do not see in the photograph.
The device makes sound signal too Peter. And the mic record and measure from reflection of those sound.

Reactions: analyzer and PeterA

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
This is the only description that is being published at the moment from Magico regarding their recent acoustic endeavors-

This monumental endeavor aimed to ‘eliminate’ the room from the listening experience so we could hear what the speakers, and only the speakers, actually sound like.
The goal was to achieve a predictable correlation between simulations, measurements, and listening impressions while minimizing room interaction.
This allows us to design a neutral balanced speaker that can work in any room once room issues are mitigated.
You can change room behavior; you can’t change the speakers. If a speaker is voiced to a particular room, it will likely never be right in others.

Edit- Magico is NOT voicing the M9s for this room with this device. They are working to understand how speakers interact with rooms in general which assists them in developing ALL of their speakers for all rooms.

Last edited:

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
This is the only description that is being published at the moment from Magico regarding their recent acoustic endeavors-

This monumental endeavor aimed to ‘eliminate’ the room from the listening experience so we could hear what the speakers, and only the speakers, actually sound like.
The goal was to achieve a predictable correlation between simulations, measurements, and listening impressions while minimizing room interaction.
This allows us to design a neutral balanced speaker that can work in any room once room issues are mitigated.
You can change room behavior; you can’t change the speakers. If a speaker is voiced to a particular room, it will likely never be right in others.

Edit- Magico is NOT voicing the M9s for this room with this device. They are working to understand how speakers interact with rooms in general which assists them in developing ALL of their speakers for all rooms.

There was an interesting thread a while ago about the "sound" of Magico speakers. I would love to read what Magico thinks their speakers sound like, and how they reach that conclusion in isolation of the contributing sound of the rest of the system. Here it seems as though they are trying to eliminate the sound contribution of the room. How do they do that regarding the rest of the system?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
There was an interesting thread a while ago about the "sound" of Magico speakers. I would love to read what Magico thinks their speakers sound like, and how they reach that conclusion in isolation of the contributing sound of the rest of the system. Here it seems as though they are trying to eliminate the sound contribution of the room. How do they do that regarding the rest of the system?
The rest of the system is ALWAYS going to have an effect with what one hears, but understanding what the speaker does or does not contribute to the sound one hears is all the Magico can control and what they continually work on.

Reactions: MadFloyd and Bobvin

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
The rest of the system is ALWAYS going to have an effect with what one hears, but understanding what the speaker does or does not contribute to the sound one hears is all the Magico can control and what they continually work on.

Yes. I think the same would have to be true for the customers' rooms affecting the sound of the systems with Magico speakers. Those rooms will not be Magico's new room that disappears. Magico can't control those rooms or those other systems. They can control the Magico room and the components that comprise their reference system. Perhaps their dealers will have some influence on their customers' choices of components and help in "mitigating" their room issues.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing