MSB S202 and M205 Temp

Peter Bomberg

Jul 8, 2024
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Good Moring, I am looking for info on how hot the MSB S202 and MSB M205 are when used at low listening volumes.

I will have very limited space above the components (slightly less than 1") however they are fully open to the sides in a large well vented space.

I listen at about 70-80 dB and they are driving Estelon X speakers so a fairly light load, they will remain on standby but only really used for 30-60 min at a time.

Any thoughts on if they are likely to have issues or the rack layouts attached should be fine?

Attachments

• rack sizes.png
    rack sizes.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 5
My S202 can get warm, even on extended listening evening in summer, never hot. It sits on a low shelf with limited space on top and air all around.

Less than 3 cm.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing