Natural Sound

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda
  • Haha
Reactions: PeterA
Romy openly discussed a bunch of the nonsense in the hobby/industry and was banned in a few places. His was another opinion, sometimes quite refreshing.

That wasn’t the reason he was banned

Look at goodsoundclub and you will find over 10,000 posts from Romy the Cat.
For example his topic about using Vitavox S2, you will find Romy put lots of time and effort for every subject.
He was the first who introduced me the DPOLS concept.

10,000 posts from Romy the Cat.

Including this one :

“ Now, the S2 covers the range from 700Hz (6dB) to 12KHz with quite interesting benefit at the bottom knee. However, what I found surprising that the upper knee harshness now is way less aggressive then I anticipated and then I remember. Last time I did it those experiment 3 years ago and I remember that the harshness was un-handleable. There was nothing changed since then besides introduction of Melquiades and getting rid of the Lamm preamp from my system. I do not think that Melquiades might be a factor (?!) in it. However, the L2's brutality at high frequency (with it rusty, "afterburned" sound) is something that very well documented and proved by me and I am sure that it was it.

The L2 preamp had wrongly designed PS that made very difficult to get any civilized sound out of is if the tubes were more then 2-3 weeks old; also that preamp was hugely susceptive to the imperfections of power lines.

Still I feel that there is something in S2's upper range that is not "kosher" and I will be working on it for next few days. The Jensen cap should burn in, a proper way of using the HF resonator/tweeter should be found, the ways to deal with S2's 10Khz small pick should be discovered. I would need a few days to fugue the things out and will be reporting the results. However, the major revision that I would like to make is that the original diaphragms that Vitavox used in thier S2 are not as unusable as I initially thought. The Lamm L2 screwed me up in very many different things and this was one of them.”

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda
Designing a 6way horn loudspeaker and multi channel DSET amplifier needs lots of time and effort and many trial and error.

Romy is not here so you should post in Goodsoundclub to see his answer

Designing a 6way horn loudspeaker and multi channel DSET amplifier needs lots of time and effort and many trial and error.

Romy is not here so you should post in Goodsoundclub to see his answer

I wasn’t asking a question !

Peter,
I think all of us have different experience and there are many examples like these:
I like kondo amplifiers but Romy does not like Kondo amplifiers
I like TAD Be drivers but Romy does not like metal drivers
I never had Lamm ML3 + Lamm Pre + Phono but I am 90% sure I will like it if I listen to Lamm ML3 but Romy just like Old version of Lamm ML2.

I read goodsoundclub because there are many many useful information there.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing