New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Reactions: steve williams
Well, FWIW, there was that 1 game which I consider the greatest feat of a rookie, or maybe any player, and that player is of course Magic Johnson. I've mentioned this many times in this thread because I could only dust off my not-so-good Lakers' sentiments a few decades after the 3 Finals we've been through in the 80s. :D Kareem went down with a sprained ankle in Game 5 vs the Sixers. He was averaging around 30 points for those 5 games as was the leading scorer for the entire series. Magic was tasked to play his position and he ended up with 42 points and 15 rebounds and some assists to blow out the Sixers and capture the title, on his rookie year. I don't think he ever scored 42 points after than in his career. :D And prior to that, he just lead his college team to the NCAA title.
I was at that game which was at The Forum and I sat 8 rows behind the Lakers bench. One of the best games I’ve ever seen

• Love
Reactions: WLVCA and jadis
Reactions: jadis
Now that’s a thought and Cuban has the $$$

I was reading Miami
To me he checked out for good when he said his team should prepare for his absence

oh and BTW Giannis is in the sidelines and very animated cheering his team on

KL IMO now has an MO. His pattern repeats. He never spoke to Popovich because he felt his injury was more severe than the team doctors stated and that is exactly what’s going on now. He’s moving on. No ring in 2 years and he can get a max contract.

I’ve noticed that when the tempo of the game is fast there are many shot clock violations which used to be very infrequent

Bucks are playing the tempo the Hawks like which makes me wonder if they can keep it up. I betting they can’t. Right however they are up 15

I think the clips did admirably. They lost not one, not two but three starters. That's more than any team. We forget about Ibaka's back injury.

I would like to see KL back because in these two years he and PG to my eyes have yet to really gel. Injuries had them taking turns. Then again it seems KL is now just too fragile. In the back of my head I was thinking perhaps he was sat precisely because he might be traded. For what or whom, I have no idea.

Game now is identical to the last game except it’s the Bucks leading 36-22
Lopez is one tall dude
Lopez, great guy, kinda rejuvenated these couple of years too, but with his long strides, I sometimes think he is traveling. :)

This is the first time in my recollection that 2 top players of each team are out of the playoffs, like they cancelled out the odds by their absence. Strange things are happening this season.

I think the clips did admirably. They lost not one, not two but three starters. That's more than any team. We forget about Ibaka's back injury.

I would like to see KL back because in these two years he and PG to my eyes have yet to really gel. Injuries had them taking turns. Then again it seems KL is now just too fragile. In the back of my head I was thinking perhaps he was sat precisely because he might be traded. For what or whom, I have no idea.
Surely, they did, Jack, no doubt. 3 starters injured and they got into the WCF. Like the Celtics in 2018 lost Irving and Hayward and still got into the ECW, stretching it to Game 7 before bowing out. Injuries are the killer.

My feeling about if KL will stay, I guess it depend on the rapport he has with the Clippers' players. He doesn't show emotion, we know that, when the Raptors were mugging him on the floor as his last shot trickled in the Philly series, we don't even know if he liked it or want them folks to get off his back. :D If he truly enjoys the company of the players, I guess he will sign on, as he is known to have rejected a max deal to sign on with the Spurs or maybe even with the Raptors. And it's not only him that people have to understand, they need to be dealing with Uncle Dennis behind him.

Reactions: WLVCA
And just musing, as I looked at the roster of the 2018 Celtics, it was a very strong team. Irving and Hayward, Horford, Tatum, Brown, Rozier, Marcus Morris, Smart, Theis, 8 strong. Assuming Irving and Hayward were 100%, I am sure they would be been in the Finals, to meet KD and Steph. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: steve williams
This one appears to be in the refrigerator as barring some miracle the Bucks will take a 3-2 series lead

109-94 with 6 minutes remaining. This is where the Hawks miss Trae and his 3’s

Reactions: christoph
All good Stevie :D I'll have a surprise for you and Cathy when all this Covid stuff is over and you visit with us again. :D

Saw this funny quote on the Giannis and Trae injury.

To borrow a WWE term, the 2021 Eastern Conference finals have turned into a Last Man Standing match.

The Bucks and Hawks are dealing with potentially series-changing injuries to their top players. Trae Young missed the entirety of Game 4, as he was recovering from a bone bruise in his right foot. Then Giannis Antetokounmpo went down with a scary left knee injury after attempting to block a Clint Capela dunk in the second half of that contest.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing