NORTH AMERICAN PUBLIC DEBUT OF TECHDAS AIR FORCE ZERO AND WILSON AUDIO MASTER CHRONOSONIC/SUBSONIC

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
very true but we are talking AF0 and AS 2000 so no real datapoint yet

Agreed. No conclusions from this can be made because the AF0 is not the AF1. I was just pointing out that we have two members who actively participate and conclusions can be drawn about which each of them prefers from their posts on the particular turntables that they own.

This other owner will have his own preference but we may never hear about it even though we would all be curios.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: Al M. and Lagonda

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Actually no, the point I was making is that no one posted or wrote about it

You should use smiles in such posts ... A smile can save us some precious minutes looking for non-existent opinions ...

Reactions: Lagonda

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Steve, there's nothing funny about one of those.

Reactions: Al M. and bonzo75

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
. . . I have nothing against Artesania but if I had the dosh, I sure would want some visual continuity. . .

+1

I never questioned the isolation ability or design or the sonic attributes of the Artesiana stand. The Artesiana clearly is doing its job sonically.

My only point was that for a cost-no-object perfectionist effort the stand should be a custom design that integrates with the turntable visually (as well as sonically). JeffreyT’s Ascona is the textbook example of what I’m taking about.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
You should use smiles in such posts ... A smile can save us some precious minutes looking for non-existent opinions ...

You are already convinced about the WAMM. It's 650k or so more than yours. Why do you need opinions?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Elephants eat only grass and rice Steve, can't be all that bad

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
Hey Brad. My smallest DAC is a USB stick. You carry one of the largest and heaviest single chassis DACs in the world. Maybe you forgot :p Does that mean the gentlemen at Aries intended to fleece you and your customers?
Only if it costs 200K...it costs about 1/10th that...pretty good material value...;)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
You are already convinced about the WAMM. It's 650k or so more than yours. Why do you need opinions?

Just for enjoyment and information, as I often repeat.
And no, I am not convinced about the WAMM, but will be very soon! :)

Reactions: bonzo75

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Just for enjoyment and information, as I often repeat.
And no, I am not convinced about the WAMM, but will be very soon! :)
Now if this means you’re getting the WAMM count on me to make a trip to Portugal to hear them

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Now if this means you’re getting the WAMM count on me to make a trip to Portugal to hear them

No Steve, I did not win the Euromillions ... :) I am persuaded that in this case ownership is not needed to be convinced - but I can be wrong ...

Reactions: Steve Williams

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Ron said:
Overall the system was incredibly dynamic, and provided a sense of unlimited dynamic ceiling and capability. The system sounded "light on its feet" while at the same time capable of delivering thunderous power with a very high "jump factor."

As we all know it is difficult to conclude anything objectively and accurately about the overall sound of a system, and the contribution of the individual components thereto, in the best of circumstances, but when you are listening to unfamiliar music on an unfamiliar system in an unfamiliar room it is difficult to ascertain anything at all. With that broad disclaimer I nonetheless think I heard one full notch higher level of realism and easier suspension of disbelief than I have ever heard before. This system took me one step closer to the sound of musicians playing live in the room with you. The piercing bite of brass instruments, the sensation of lungs breathing air into instruments such as saxophone and trumpet, the richness and power of piano, as well as the gentle tinkling of piano keys, I think all sounded more real than I have ever heard them before.

Thank you for sharing your listening impression Ron, relating your own experience.
That's what it's all about...the music playing in our ears...here in your ears.
_____

In regards to the stand; purely aesthetically speaking ...
In my visual observation/opinion: I would have like to see more substantial columns, a better match for the very well designed and super solid Air Force Zero.

This is in no way a critic about the sound as I wasn't there and probably never will or unless I really want to because I would be seriously interested to test drive one before flying high with a suitcase of cash (to purchase it, and everything else that comes with it).

If only the people who've heard it were allowed to post in this thread it wouldn't be a thread, it wouldn't be a forum, it would be more like a blog, like an add for an ultra hi-end audio manufacturer inside an hi-fi analog audio vinyl turntable magazine's page.
...A blog with or without comments; but any comments without having listening to it would mean a total of zero.

With that being said enjoy a beautiful spring Sunday afternoon delight with love, romance, flowers, perfume in the air, sweet natural music from the birds singing.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Micro, you should always pause and look for sarcasm and irony in Ked’s posts.
It’s his trademark ;)

Reactions: Al M. and jeff1225

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Only if it costs 200K...it costs about 1/10th that...pretty good material value...;)

So says seller of 80k Euro DAC

What? You have't seen the 2019 price list yet Brad? 1/10th? Hahahahaha!

gshelley

Member Sponsor
Jan 10, 2011
Austin, TX
Ron,
Thanks for the report and pictures. Quite the event...

RE: A/B comparison of a jazz title, with one record remastered by Electric Recording Company of England, and another record remastered by Acoustic Sounds.

Which did you prefer?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I prefered the Electric Recording Company version.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Agreed. No conclusions from this can be made because the AF0 is not the AF1. I was just pointing out that we have two members who actively participate and conclusions can be drawn about which each of them prefers from their posts on the particular turntables that they own.

This other owner will have his own preference but we may never hear about it even though we would all be curios.
Yes. At the point you have already done your best to optimize the tape front and the vinyl front, and the sound of either fronts of yours only beat one another depending on software, your choice of tt becomes more of a preference matter. Buying another tt unlikely makes you leap even more forward ahead of tape.

Tang :)

Last edited:

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
So says seller of 80k Euro DAC

What? You have't seen the 2019 price list yet Brad? 1/10th? Hahahahaha!
That is the LE model, reference model is a bit over 20k and weighs 60kg.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing