NORTH AMERICAN PUBLIC DEBUT OF TECHDAS AIR FORCE ZERO AND WILSON AUDIO MASTER CHRONOSONIC/SUBSONIC

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The AF Zero is obviously LE too now limited at 40 units. Thank you, thank you.

Just sayin, rocks and glass houses man. I know Nishikawa is a good guy and I know you think Stavros is a good guy too. Just demonstrating that loose accusations have a way.........

pavlov.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: adyc

TLi

May 27, 2016
This is a free market. Buyers use their money wisely.

I can project the market response for Air Force Zero to be very good. The 40 production quota will be gone before the end of year, probably after the Hong Kong tour in August. Buyers from mainland China and Taiwan will really give it a good look.

Anyone interested should not wait and acts quickly.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
This is a free market. Buyers use their money wisely. G
I can project the market response for Air Force Zero to be very good. The 40 production quota will be gone before the end of year, probably after the Hong Kong tour in August. Buyers from mainland China and Taiwan will really give it a good look.
Anyone interested should not wait and acts quickly.
I guess potential buyers from other Asian countries such as Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia ...etc will come to the AF Zero HK Tour in August too.

Yes, most if not all of them will be gone then.

Reactions: TLi

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I guess potential buyers from other Asian countries such as Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia ...etc will come to the AF Zero HK Tour in August too.

Yes, most if not all of them will be gone then.

There must have been some potential buyers along with all of the reviewers at the LA debut. I wonder if the dealer took any orders for these in the US. Steve mentioned that he may know one or two potential buyers.

I also read somewhere that the Wilson WAMM is sold out. Does anyone know if that is indeed the case? If so, I wonder why this table is being shown with a speaker that is no longer available. Perhaps I am mistaken.

I am fascinated that these limited run, SOTA products, seem to sell out. This indicates to me that their designers/producers understand their markets very well.

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
There must have been some potential buyers along with all of the reviewers at the LA debut. I wonder if the dealer took any orders for these in the US. Steve mentioned that he may know one or two potential buyers.
I also read somewhere that the Wilson WAMM is sold out. Does anyone know if that is indeed the case? If so, I wonder why this table is being shown with a speaker that is no longer available. Perhaps I am mistaken.
I am fascinated that these limited run, SOTA products, seem to sell out. This indicates to me that their designers/producers understand their markets very well.

In fact I guess there won't be many AF Zero left after their presentation at the Munich Show on 9-12 May.
That's a really big show and there shall be buyers from every parts of Europe.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
I saw the TAS and Audionirvana reports on this event, does any one know about others?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Yes Francisco there are more...from Asia.
Would you like some links?

Do you mean this specific event?

Yes, just this specific event. Links would be very welcome, many thanks!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Ok, I see.

There were other présentations in Asia, written articles, @ least two.
But it is this specific présentation which Ron attended to that you are interested in as to who else beside TAS and AV covered it. I'm on the lookout ...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
He's certainly aware of the weight breakdown of the 0.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Reactions: adyc and bonzo75

TLi

May 27, 2016
T

I think Michael Fremer is spot on not making comments about the sound in such a brief encounter in an alien room and system. Good for Michael!!

Michael has a lot of listening time for this demo.

He was there in both sessions in two days and he played his own records. He should have a fairly good idea of the performance of Zero.

In his Facebook, he did mention the sound as awesome.

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
You could only have an estimation, hear how promising it is, and take adive. Anyone buying this tt should have a good Studer in the room too. At this level it should only be compare with tape imo. And you tune it until your choice in listening to Studer or AFzero only is determined by conveniency or available softwares you have.

kind regards,
Tang

Reactions: TLi

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015

He was there in both sessions in two days and he played his own records. He should have a fairly good idea of the performance of Zero.

Without hearing in his room with his usual cart, phono, linestage, amps, speakers, it is imho much better that he waits otherwise there is too much guesswork. Granted he can hear some *promise* in such an audition but that is it.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
You could only have an estimation, hear how promising it is, and take adive. Anyone buying this tt should have a good Studer in the room too. At this level it should only be compare with tape imo. And you tune it until your choice in listening to Studer or AFzero only is determined by conveniency or available softwares you have.

kind regards,
Tang

Lol - we seem to have used the same word “promise”

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Erase your mind. Think of it this way. If you walked into that demo room, posters banners of Wilson on the walls and the Wilson people were attending making presentation instead of Nishigawa san with the AF0 put to the side of the room not at center stage, how would the tone and comments of people who attended there change. The sound would still be the same extraordinary. But instead they would be talking about the WAMM...hehe.

Tang ;)

Reactions: adyc

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Erase your mind. Think of it this way. If you walked into that demo room, posters banners of Wilson on the walls and the Wilson people were attending making presentation instead of Nishigawa san with the AF0 put to the side of the room not at center stage, how would the tone and comments of people who attended there change. The sound would still be the same extraordinary. But instead they would be talking about the WAMM...hehe.

Tang ;)

Yes great comment. Similarly if Dan was in there promoting the new amps...

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

Reports are just opinions. IMHO they are mostly for our information and entertainment - I do not see any frequent poster in this forum considering seriously the hypothesis of buying the AF0 or the WAMM - perhaps I am wrong! :)

I can't understand how people can be happy with the absence of comments. I really appreciate the effort and kindness of people who post their opinions. They would be of great help for me if I found the hing-end genius lamp and could ask for three pieces of equipment without listening and comparisons ...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing