RMAF-Final Dinner Arrangements For Saturday October 13

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Well arrangements this year were far more difficult to secure due to a constantly changing "who's in and who's out"

I did look into MikeL and others suggestions that we try to rent a banquet room and have a catered dinner with an open bar. This was doable only at the Hilton Garden however just to get a foot in the door was $1250 for the room and $75 for the bartender. Charges could e waived however depending on the turnout. I had to guaranty the room with a card and I wasn't prepared to do this as what initially was close to 50 people wanting to attend has shrunk to about half

As a result I have come full circle and back to where we went last year, namely The Bent Fork in Aurora, Co which is a 5-10 minute drive from the Denver Tech Center. Those who attended last year had a good time. The food was above average and reasonably priced. I have therefore rented the back banquet room of the restaurant on Saturday October 13 from 7:30 until closing. I have also arranged for the restaurant to provide separate checks which they reluctantly agreed to BUT ONLY if at the time of ordering each couple or party is sitting together and the server is told who is in your party so the tab can be correctly allocated separately. If however they are unable to do separate tabs then just like last year everyone MUST bring sufficient cash to cover their meal, drinks and their share of an 18% gratuity. They will ONLY take separate credit cards if they do separate tabs. They will NOT take multiple credit cards on the same tab.

Here is the info on the restaurant

The Bent Fork
12191 E Iliff Ave, Aurora, CO
303-337-6600
www.bentforkgrill.com

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&so...ve,+Aurora,+Arapahoe,+Colorado+80014&t=h&z=17

The room I have found out easily accommodates 38 people and the manager told me that they can do as many as 42 people

So the bottom line is I now need a final list as to who is coming

So far

1. I am in for a total of 5
2. Flez007 is in for 4
3.Mep
4 Myles
5. Rich Teer and his wife
6. BruceB and his wife

others I haven't heard from
rbbrt
SlowGeezr
asiufy
audioarcher
es347
Lee
Mark Seaton
Mosin
cakeaudio
Dre_J
Eddie Sudz
MikeL

There are many others in the thread who indicated they want to come but I have never heard back from them

So the bottom line is simple. They need to know a final tally by this time next week and the first 38-42 are in

Kindly reply to this thread as to who is in and for how many. This will be the official list

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Count me in! (1 person)

alexandre

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Steve-I will be there. I''m amazed that we dropped by 2/3 on the headcount.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Looking forward to meeting you Alexandre

Likewise :D And same for you too, Mike!

thanks,
alexandre

PS: I'll have a car, so I can take some people with me.

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Steve-I will have a car and should be able to haul 3 passengers.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing