RMAF-Final Dinner Arrangements For Saturday October 13

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Thx Steve! Would that be the EMBER? At the TAVE Show Vince was showing his on-wall Tribe System. Pretty nice, but not something of interest to me personally.

herb

Jun 1, 2010
OAKLAND (MONTCLAIR)
It was a great get together. Nice to put faces with names.
Members from three countries!
Thanks Bill for your kind generosity and Steve for all the organizing efforts.

Herb

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Not that one John. This was a floor stander. Not the book shelf speakers

I've not heard anything about a new floorstander, but then I've not exactly been keeping up with the goings on. Looking forward to the pics !

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
My first post RMAF comment :
A big thank you to Steve for putting the dinner together. Like I said, it felt more like a rehearsal dinner before a wedding as we went around the room gathering comments as there so many good feelings of cheer.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The dinner was great as was the camaraderie. A special thanks to Whart for his bar tab donation for the dinner. That was very thoughtful and much appreciated by all.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

Those are Totem Winds, which have been around for years. However, they were redesigned (internally) a few years back. The price also went up from about $9,000 to $15,000 pair. Glad to see that Vince isn't forgetting to showcase these wonderful speakers. Seems that in the last 2 years everything he's shown has been about the Element Line and their new Torrent driver. I've heard them in an all McIntosh system at my dealer and they are well worth giving an audition.

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
There was a smaller, less expensive new floorstander there also

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I'm glad. I figured he's a two-fisted drinker in normal circumstances. Hope Floyd hooked up with you guys as well.
Best,
(as I live vicariously through others),
bill hart

Thanks for the drink Bill. Hope to see you there next year.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
I also want to thank Bill for his kind gesture. I had a yummy gin gimlet. :)

It was a great get together. Much thanks to Steve for organizing it!

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
Any chance you guys took a group pic at dinner? I'm just curious to see what you all look like. The Net photo of me on my firm website is 60lbs heavier and a beard ago. Call me a narcissist. :)

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Bill-Myles took a ton of pictures and when he gets time I'm sure he will post them.

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
thnx Mep.
were there any deals on vinyl - i had the impression that chad and crew would blow stuff out rather than reship back to kansas or whereever. probably deserves a separate thread.
The pics make it fun.
for me, i hate crowds, so the combo of listener reactions and pics is almost as good. the good part would be socializing.
when i went to the first show in 20 years in NY this year, the first people i saw when i got off the elevator were the same guys I used to see 20 years ago. funny.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Bill-I don't know about 'great' deals on vinyl as I wasn't there on Sunday. I bought a bunch of vinyl on Friday and Saturday though. I brought an extra big suitcase this year after barely being able to squeeze in the vinyl I bought last year in the suitcase I brought in 2011.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
thnx Mep.
were there any deals on vinyl - i had the impression that chad and crew would blow stuff out rather than reship back to kansas or whereever. probably deserves a separate thread.
The pics make it fun.
for me, i hate crowds, so the combo of listener reactions and pics is almost as good. the good part would be socializing.
when i went to the first show in 20 years in NY this year, the first people i saw when i got off the elevator were the same guys I used to see 20 years ago. funny.

You obviously don't know Chad :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing