Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

I can see TTs, and maybe tube gear can be microphonic

How much of the other stuff is microphonic?… like DACS, CD players or transports etc… and even SS amps?
Even SS amps and preamps benefit from these active vibration devices. When I put my CH Precision M10's on the basic Reactio models I was rather surprised by the sonic improvement wrought. I truly was expecting not enough SQ gain to justify using them there. I ended up buy two more after the experiment. The sonic clarity, solidity of apparent sound sources, and more truthful timbre were easily heard from adding the Reactios.

Reactions: JEB42 and XCop5089

How much of the other stuff is microphonic?… like DACS, CD players or transports etc… and even SS amps?
Listening is believing. It is hard to comprehend but everything is sensitive to vibration.

I tried to put AC distributors (power strip) on active isolator, the improvement is very obvious. IMG_4169.JPGIMG_4172.JPG

Every component in the audio chain is susceptible to vibration, even the minor accessory devices.

I have tried to put one of my ground boxes (Entreq Silver Tellus) on Reactio, the sonic improvement is discernible.DSCF5453 - 複製.JPG

Reactions: JEB42 and TLi
Every component in the audio chain is susceptible to vibration, even the minor accessory devices.
I am not sure I buy into ^that^.
Sure they may all be subjected to vibration, but they may not all translate than into signals.

Some cables might be easier to get an effect, than others.
Assuming it is related to the Triboelectric effect, or is it some other theory taking place?

And potted electronics should be more immune.
Surely there are more like shades of grey, than “everything matters”, where some things matter more, than others.

I have tried to put one of my ground boxes (Entreq Silver Tellus) on Reactio, the sonic improvement is discernible.View attachment 135864

It would be kind of nice to see some equipment tested on some sort of “shaker plate” to see how the vibrations are inducing an effect upon the output… or not.

I've looked through this Forum thread in its entirety and the Seismion website, but there's no data on the heights (distance between their feet and platform surface) for the Reactio (standard), Reactio Plus, and Reactio 2.
Might someone be kind enough to divulge? Thank you so much!
Hello,
we will update our website shortly, and give all relevant data for our new Reactio 2. To answer your specific question:
Reactio 2: 500x400x90 mm
Reactio and Reactio plus: 500x400x80 mm (small) / 600x500x80 mm (large)

Greetings, Marcus

Last edited:
BTW The Singapore Hi-End Asia International Audio Visual Show takes place from september 6th until 8th. We are glad that our local dealer Analog Playground will feature our new Reactio 2 isolator on this show.
It can be seen and heard at Level 2, Ocean 6 Room.

Seismion

Any news on the availability of a linear power supply for the Reactio platforms please?

If not, please can you specify the minimum current requirements to get the best out of a Seismion active isolation platform?

I am considering the purchase of an Uptone Audio JS-2 LPSU, which can output 12v 7.4 amps when only a single rail is used. Uptone quote instantaneous current delivery up to 10 amps!

Would this be suitable for powering my Reactio Plus platform, which I recently purchased from my UK dealer, Studio AV?

Attachments

• IMG_5831.jpeg
    IMG_5831.jpeg
    804.4 KB · Views: 16
Seismion

Any news on the availability of a linear power supply for the Reactio platforms please?

If not, please can you specify the minimum current requirements to get the best out of a Seismion active isolation platform?

I am considering the purchase of an Uptone Audio JS-2 LPSU, which can output 12v 7.4 amps when only a single rail is used. Uptone quote instantaneous current delivery up to 10 amps!

Would this be suitable for powering my Reactio Plus platform, which I recently purchased from my UK dealer, Studio AV?
Yes, this one will fit. You just need like 3-4 Amps for 5-10 seconds. Average power consumption is like 300 mA @ 12V.
So you could drive several Reactios with one power supply using a dc splitter cable, just don't turn them on all at once.

Sebastian

BTW The Singapore Hi-End Asia International Audio Visual Show takes place from september 6th until 8th. We are glad that our local dealer Analog Playground will feature our new Reactio 2 isolator on this show.
It can be seen and heard at Level 2, Ocean 6 Room.
Isn't Analog Playground a dealer in Thailand? How can it be local in Singapore..?

Yes, this one will fit. You just need like 3-4 Amps for 5-10 seconds. Average power consumption is like 300 mA @ 12V.
So you could drive several Reactios with one power supply using a dc splitter cable, just don't turn them on all at once.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Thanks for the info.

For clarification, does the Reactio Plus platform just require this level of current delivery (3-4 amps) on initial start up? Hence your caution, that if using two with one power supply, not to turn them all on at once?

Sebastian

Thanks for the info.

For clarification, does the Reactio Plus platform just require this level of current delivery (3-4 amps) on initial start up? Hence your caution, that if using two with one power supply, not to turn them all on at once?
Yes, exactly like that. Only at the initial start-up, the required current is about 3-4 Amps, that is why you should turn them on one after the other. During normal operation the required current will never be that high (less than 1/10 of it), only if you would shake the isolator with your hands so to say.
Marcus

Reactions: JEB42 and XCop5089
I have brought the Seismion to my main system at last. Lets hear what it does under the Stabi M!IMG_5470.jpeg

Does anyone know for sure, the size of the DC barrel connector that will power the Seismion Reactio Plus - 2.1mm or 2.5mm?

I need to order the right size DC cable for the LPSU I have in mind.

DC power input barrel diameter: 2.1 mm
DC power input barrel polarity: Central positive
Hi MTS,
Are you quite sure of the 2.1 mm diameter? I asked the same question of Jonathan at Sonic Artistry, North American rep of Seismion, and his answer was: “The Reactios use a 2.5 mm barrel. We use a Ferrum Hypsos LPS to power them.” He has set up and sold a number of Reactios and should be a reliable source about the DC power port, don’t you think? What is your source for this information?

Last edited:
Reactions: XCop5089
Well, this is just confusing. I just measured my connectors last week to order up some DC cables for my Seismions, and they definitely measured 2.1mm. No way a 2.5mm pin would insert into those ID holes. Ghent has my cables shipping, so I hope I'm not wrong.....

Well, this is just confusing. I just measured my connectors last week to order up some DC cables for my Seismions, and they definitely measured 2.1mm. No way a 2.5mm pin would insert into those ID holes. Ghent has my cables shipping, so I hope I'm not wrong.....
Yes, you are correct. it is a 2.1mm barrel connection. NOT a 2.5mm. I deleted may previous post on this. 2.1 is correct.

Hi MTS,
Are you quite sure of the 2.1 mm diameter? I asked the same question of Jonathan at Sonic Artistry, North American rep of Seismion, and his answer was: “The Reactios use a 2.5 mm barrel. We use a Ferrum Hypsos LPS to power them.” He has set up and sold a number of Reactios and should be a reliable source about the DC power port, don’t you think? What is your source for this information?
Sorry I had given you incorrect information. It is indeed 2.1mm. NOT 2.5mm

Seventeen pages into this thread and it's still a guessing game for the end users (customers)!

The Reactio Plus active isolation platform is supplied (in the UK) with a 12v 8.5 amp SMPS and un "unmarked" adapter at the platform termination, where it plugs into the DC socket. There is no information in the accompanying user manual, that informs the owner about current draw of the platform (now recently cleared up by Sebastian, a few posts ago, in answer to my question) or indeed, the specification of the DC barrel connector that fits the Seismion properly!

We are told that the platform performs better sonically, with a low-noise linear power supply, which Seismion promise will be available soon.

In the meantime, those users who want to extract the maximum performance, will have sought out, or, like me, will be in the process of purchasing a suitable LPSU and DC cable to compliment the Seismion platform we have purchased.

I ordered my Uptone Audio JS-2 LPSU today and was confident that I had specified the correct barrel plug termination for the accessory Sapphire DC cable - 2.1mm.

Now I'm not so sure that I have ordered the correct cable, in light of the above conflicting information!

It would be nice if Seismion were to comment on this thread, to assist their customers to make the right decision!

Agh! - Just seen the latest post by JEB42, while I was typing!

I think I'll just wait until Thursday, when the JS-2 and cable is due to arrive. The Uptone Sapphire cable is terminated 2.5mm at the LPSU end and I have requested 2.1mm at the Seismion end (as a result of information posted above).

I'll try it plugged in both ways and that should settle things! I can always return it and order the 2.5mm termination at the Seismion end of the cable!

I'll keep everyone updated!

Reactions: Opabin

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu