Seismion - new active isolation platform from Germany

Me too!

In principle, I am against the use of SMPS's in my audio system or on the same mains circuit, so I eliminate them, where I can, in favour of ultra low-noise linear power supplies!

Within my network, I have one rail of my Coherent QP2 (British design) dedicated to the 7v supply to a Sonore Optical Module Deluxe and one of the 12v rails from the PliXir Elite BDC LPSU powers an Uptone Audio EtherRegen switch.

The LPSU's definitely offer a quieter, smoother and more insightful performance alternative to the supplied SMPS, but I don't think that the two LPSU's that I own, deliver enough current, to get the best out of the Reactio Plus active isolation platform.

I have began the search for a suitable LPSU for my Seismion and have messaged the manufacturer in Germany for an update on their proposed LPSU solution, or their recommendation for a suitable commercially available alternate, but no response yet received.

I wonder how much I need to spend to extract the maximum performance from the Seismion, especially as the LPSU won't be powering a component that is within the audio signal chain, such as a switch, DAC, router etc?

I have looked at a couple of UK-available candidates from the Audiostore, who imports Uptone Audio and Sonora amongst others. One is an unbranded 12v 6.5 amp single rail LPSU with an R-Core 100va transformer, which looks like a Zero Zone. The other suitable option, at three times the price, is an Uptone Audio JS-2 which has dual rails with selectable voltage of 5, 7, 9 and 12v and will produce 7.4 amps from a single 12v output.

It would be great if Seismion could weigh in and give some recommendations or give some details and specification for their own LPSU, which has bee mentioned as "coming soon!"

Zeotrope - Please can you post some photos of your setup with the Daiza platform on top of the Seismion?
during the development process with Taiko/Emile/Ed regarding the Tana/Herzan active systems, turned out that the power supply made a huge difference. and the Daiza platform design was something that grew from those Tana development efforts. Emile ended up using an all panzerholtz LPS chassis sitting on a mini Daiza at the end. the 25 pound LPS had Lindhal Chokes and quite a bit of nice tech.

what was interesting was that those chokes actually boosted the system performance even when not powered. my A/C grid liked them.

i know that the Seismion product is a different design than the Herzan/Table Stable......so not sure how much transfers.....but power supplies can be significant.

Last edited:
I did and this was my final preference.

Somewhere in the last 15 pages of this thread, somebody mentioned, that in a multi-level array, the Seismion platform should sit in the middle.

As my chosen (hard) interface between the chassis of my Aurender and the top plate of the Reactio Plus, are three Quiescent Apex 50 Couplers and the bottom of the Seismion is supported by Taiko panzerholz footers, where it interfaces with the Daiza passive platform, it seems the logical choice and was confirmed in my listening tests.

Do you have your Daiza platform resting directly on the Seismion top plate, or do you use the Taiko copper/panzerholz footers?
I have the Seismion on the floor/rack, then the Daiza directly on top of the Seismion, and the Daiza feet between the Daiza platform and the component (without the metal plate). I think this is the way @Mike Lavigne has it, BTW.
I should try it the other way, but it’s such a pain to move everything…

Reactions: XCop5089
I’m using Teddy Pardo Linear supplies. I did not compare them against others. They are reasonably priced at ~$400 and I’m sure make a difference vs stock supplies. I think I have 10 of them.

Reactions: XCop5089
To add to the numerous accounts of positive results employing the Seismion platforms, thought I’d share…
Took the advice of a few fellow audio nuts to try and was luckily able to audition a unit from Massif Audio Design who was the builder of my rack (with which I couldn’t be happier). I was having some expected foot fall issues with my Kuzma xl4/safir/transfiguration proteus d. I installed Carbide Audio footers on the rack which solved the problem to a greater extent. Subsequent to this I removed the table and reinstalled it on the Reactio Plus. I have experienced 2 jaw dropping implementations to my system where the results were so unexpected as to the relative benefit, and the Seision under the Kuzma was one.

As others have noted, the sought after gains of quieter background, increased space, more detailed and just simply more information coming through, size of the sound in every direction was enhanced (the height and outward expansion were just crazy), and certainly there were no longer concerns of heavy feet.

So, I decided to write this after a second confirmation. I was experimenting with powering my amps (Luxman M800A’s) a few days ago and on the 4th combination I was trying the sound collapsed. I walked up to try my last combo and realized I had inadvertently disconnected the Seismion. Turned to back on and I got “shocked” again.

I purchased total of 3 units from Trevor at Massif, one now placed under the ClearAudio Master Innovation and one under my Spectral transport. Two of the units were delivered personally by Jonathan Badov (Sonic Artestry) who spet time helping with the first setup and teaching me for the units to come.

Given the time, effort and monetary commitment some make to extract the best from their systems, the exploration of Seismion simply cannot be overlooked. IMHO…

Last edited:
Reactions: XCop5089 and Opabin
UK Seismion Reactio Plus owner here!

In June, my dealer, Studio AV, Chobham, Surrey, asked me if I wanted to have a Seismion Reactio Plus 543 on extended home loan, together with an Aurender N30 SA (I have owned an N20 since January 2023).

My interest was instantly piqued, placing a high priority on vibration control as one of the key foundations of my audio system.

Over the following few weeks, I put the Seismion active isolation platform through it’s paces, with the supplied 12v 8.5amp power supply, as well as a couple of 12v LPSU’s that I use in my system (PliXir Elite BDC and Coherent QP2).

My Aurender N20 was supported by a trio of Quiescent Apex 50 Couplers, on a Taiko Audio Daizo passive platform, on the top grid level of one of my two Stillpoints ESS racks, used to accommodate my multi-box system.

The Seismion active platform was inserted into the system, as an additional level between Daiza and Apex Couplers and initially The Seismion was supported by it’s own footers, although I did experiment with Stillpoints (Ultra SS and Ultra 5’s) as well as Taiko’s own panzerholz footers as the interface with the Daiza platform.

I eventually settled on Taiko’s own footers, which seemed to me to offer the right balance in this vibration-combatting array!

I was so impressed with the added performance provided by the Seismion Reactio Plus, that I purchased it from my dealer, who is now awaiting the Seismion Reactio 2.0, which I am eager to audition under my D’Agostino Momentum S250 MxV power amp.

Although, due to limited availability in the UK, I have not auditioned many competing products, I am confident enough to proclaim the Seismion platform as a major enhancement to the enjoyment I get from my system.

Before anyone asks, no, I haven’t yet tried it under my turntable (digital is my primary source), but I anticipate that a further Seismion purchase will result, when I have tried a second platform under the power amp!

SreactioView attachment 135654
If you are looking for the first impression of the latest Seismion Reactio II, here it is.
After a long delay, two Reactio II were delivered in perfect shape.
The trail was to compare the result on preamp with previous Reactio. Reactio II is clearly much better than other Reactio's. Every aspect is just better. I shall do more detailed comparison and keep you informed in the near future.IMG_4481.JPGIMG_4487.JPGIMG_4488.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu